Thread: 4.3 spec

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

4.3 spec

I've been off the forums lately. What's looking like the best hunter spec for 4.3 I thought I read something about bm being the new spec just wanted to confirm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    just reroll any melee, mage or warlock, we're complete shit in 4.3, most top-end guilds are either encouraging or straight up forcing their hunters to play a different class in Dragon Soul. 380 ilvl warlock doing more damage than a hunter in full tier 13 with the deathwing bow, sounds good to me right?

Sadly enough, BM may be the spec to go in 4.3. The full Aimed Shot spam setup is only simming for 2.5k more, and that setup is both unrealistic and has Careful Aim, so a bit of that is pretty wasted. And BM has good mobility.

Meh, I don't have to worry about it at least. My 10 man group two hunters (including me) and no rogue. I'm the only dps in the group that has a rogue alt. Guess who gets to bring his rogue and maybe get a legendary!

Edit: On another note, did anyone else notice the ridiculous buffs for demo locks/fire mages/ret pallies/many other low specs, while our bottom two specs got very minimal buffs? Makes me sad.

Let's not worry about until it hits live servers and proper hunters will be able to test it

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Sadly enough, BM may be the spec to go in 4.3. The full Aimed Shot spam setup is only simming for 2.5k more, and that setup is both unrealistic and has Careful Aim, so a bit of that is pretty wasted. And BM has good mobility.

Meh, I don't have to worry about it at least. My 10 man group two hunters (including me) and no rogue. I'm the only dps in the group that has a rogue alt. Guess who gets to bring his rogue and maybe get a legendary!

Edit: On another note, did anyone else notice the balances* for demo locks/fire mages/ret pallies/many other low specs, while our bottom two specs got very minimal buffs? Makes me sad.
    Fixed you up there.

on PTR most hunters I was with seemed to be doing very competitive damage alongside other classes. Since when does a class have to be doing more damage than other classes to be viable?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Did you completely forget that every physical dps in the game is getting 10% more AP aswell and hunters got literally no changes to their best specc?

BM will probably be a good specc cause of the way our new 2 piece & 4piece are designed, but it's still way under all the other classes, only with alot of rng you'd ever manage to get into top5 of dps (that is assuming that the other dps classes in your guild know wtf they're doing).

And even top5 is probably unrealistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that hunters will be in such a poor position that they'll be so vastly out performed by melee classes, to the point of being benched for the entire tier.

It's not looking good for us (25man wise). For 10mans hunters will always have a place pretty much since there's always some buff that isn't present at one time or another. But i don't raid 10man so that really doesn't concern me. 25man is where the dps benchmarks are gauged. I've already talked to people from/associated with Vodka and BL and they are pretty much having their hunters re-roll and/or sit for the bosses because the damage is not competitive in any form. Unless blizz has some major major changes planned in the next build or two (or three) I don't see it mattering what spec we play since they'll all be underpar.

And to answer the question....I will roll with BM as my mainspec in DRagon Soul with surv as an offspec. I haven't really liked MM spec at all since cata launched.

Once a BM hunter always a BM hunter definitely sticking with BM, by far my favourite spec, even though it may not be the highest DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    how many of you have personally gone on the PTR and seen hunter damage compared to other classes? I mean personally, not a "friend of a friend told me" or "zomg vodka and other top 100 guilds are benching hunters". This kind of thing has been seen around WoW for years in the top guilds of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthok View Post
    how many of you have personally gone on the PTR and seen hunter damage compared to other classes? I mean personally, not a "friend of a friend told me" or "zomg vodka and other top 100 guilds are benching hunters". This kind of thing has been seen around WoW for years in the top guilds of WoW.
    Been on the PTR, done half the encounters with my guild, 7/7HM live.
    Played survi for the 10% buff, we had pretty much every buff on the raid, 2nd on dmg average against combat rogues, 2 random lock specs I cant even tell the difference, shadow priest with low multidot, arcane mage.
    Of course fire was already top single target and aoe, devs love their mages, but I do not see hunters staying like this.
    Got 2 piece T13, some 400ilvl+ range weapon, and my damage just doesn't go up.
    Seriously that ranged weapon I got was probably more of an upgrade to the rogue than me.
    Sure MM is in a better spot than survival but how long until its scaling shuts down like survival, with all the haste incoming, it's gonna cap at some point.

Hunters are going into 4.3 in an absolutely atrocious state. We'll still be using the same MM spec we use now as it's the only one with any semblance of scaling, despite being in a borderline freefall and horrible scaling in its own right. BM and Surv still don't scale for crap and got no adjustments outside of a 2-3% gain so I don't see those being used after the first 2 weeks, unless you're doing 10s and need to provide the 10% Haste buff.

Even the 2pc T13 doubling our Focus gen doesn't help the issue. It's not much impact on MM and the entire 4pc merely brings Survival to where everyone else is STARTING 4.3 at.

@Cetlysm

<-- Bullettime. Seen you post in my thread in the PTR. Posted this on DDF a few days ago. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4688735?page=1
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-11-05 at 08:40 PM.

If BM is top spec, goodbye MM, and good riddance. I always hated that spec >.>

BM all the way!

Deleted
    reroll from hunter to any class that can use legendary...

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    If BM is top spec, goodbye MM, and good riddance. I always hated that spec >.>

BM all the way!
    MM scales bad but it still scales better than BM. The second you get a Heroic DS weapon, BM will drop back down.

BM AoE could be interesting on Madness of Deathwing though after the buff. That Worm is a flat out monster on the PTR.

Survival in the ptr with the buff at explosive, we have gained arount 1k-1,5k dps more, but the issue in the scaling its the same, we need a rework in the Black arrow, is a very poor final talent.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    Survival in the ptr with the buff at explosive, we have gained arount 1k-1,5k dps more, but the issue in the scaling its the same, we need a rework in the Black arrow, is a very poor final talent.
    Surv is simming 2k below the next lowest spec. the 4 specs around that 2k gap are Moonkin and Shadow who will skyrocket with multidot and AoE (effective on a lot of DS fights,) and Warriors who will shoot to near the top in a month or 2.

Well, I'm glad I'm not in a hardcore raid group.

(no 10m group can be called Hardcore with 3 pallies 2 hunter 2 locks Pwarrior Rdruid Rshaman)

Oh well. Hunter gear always dropped by the shit load before anyone else got any gear.

Deleted
    Does anyone have a recent sim of the dps rankings on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawohl View Post
    Does anyone have a recent sim of the dps rankings on the PTR?
    Parses no but http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T12H.html is where the specs are starting given the 4.3 patch changes.
    http://simulationcraft.org/430/Hunter_T13N.html is our sims with our T13 bonuses.