Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    As an aside, I hated that Trion had that CE upgrade and I'm really hoping that's not something they're going to continue or at least frequently do since as far as I'm concerned it's just another pet shop. Vanity items are supposed to be fun. I hate that they've become an additional income source in some games.
    Here is what will happen. When the game launches in Russia or Korea they will offer some CE version of it for that area. The same thing that happened with the Canadian CE will happen ago.

People will qq cry and threaten to unsub because someone else has something they want, so you will see more CE upgrades in the future.

People like to buy things, companies love to sell things. As long as people are willing to buy, then you'd be a fool to not create premium items for a little extra as a publisher/developer.

That's life. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    People like to buy things, companies love to sell things. As long as people are willing to buy, then you'd be a fool to not create premium items for a little extra as a publisher/developer.

That's life. /shrug
    Even still, I wish more people were willing to speak/stand up against it. As I said in another thread when the CE "upgrade" became available, I never have agreed with selling virtual items for real money. I think it's ridiculous that it's become as accepted as it has. Collectors/completionists are the ones who are perpetually screwed by this process too, either via never having the money for everything or spending endless amounts to have it all. Notice that the ones who are apathetic about it are usually the ones who couldn't care less about vanity items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Staying with fun things from the next World Event, pick up your own Bound to Account Frost the Snowman

I thought i would summon him in an appropiate setting, you know how it goes...a snowballs chance in Hell, when Hell freezes over....the usual puns

I wish you could hold a gun behind it's head and put it on the edge. That would be beyond epic. The snowmans mouth is open like is shocked :O

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The snowmans mouth is open like is shocked :O
    Yeah... that kind of reminds me of a Family Guy episode with Joe looking at a a bin full of blow-up dolls and asking why they all look so surprised. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished up the main Story questline on Ember Isle, which could nearly be described as the Epic Fire saga, similar to the Life and Water sagas we already done, but this one was entirely soloable...

Anyhow for collectors of pets and achievements, you get this companion and this Achievement, also a choice of epic leggings for all callings...

On the festive tip, you can become Courage the fearless corgi, with a taste of Christmas added

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Anyhow for collectors of pets and achievements, you get this companion and this Achievement, also a choice of epic leggings for all callings...
    What is it? And how do you find the time to play the live game and the PTS? o_o

What is it? And how do you find the time to play the live game and the PTS? o_o
    Slipmat plays the pts as much or more then me. People have huge qq about patches having bugs, so we sit on the pts all day looking for bugs and exploits. Someone has to do it

One bug in Rift = like 40 bugs in WoW when it comes to exaggeration or qq it causes, so we try and avoid that.

Even still, I wish more people were willing to speak/stand up against it. As I said in another thread when the CE "upgrade" became available, I never have agreed with selling virtual items for real money. I think it's ridiculous that it's become as accepted as it has. Collectors/completionists are the ones who are perpetually screwed by this process too, either via never having the money for everything or spending endless amounts to have it all. Notice that the ones who are apathetic about it are usually the ones who couldn't care less about vanity items.
    Yea I understand your POV. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a cash shop and selling premiums.

I don't care how others gained their nice mounts/clothes or how they spend their time / money. And hopefully, no one cares if I buy $20 sparkle pony or not.

Just different points of view, I guess.

To be frank, it is precisely this approach that lured me to try the game in the first place. I understand your PoV, and agree with it to a certain extent, but I think that this is a small developer working to tackle an immense market without having the marketing budget/resources to do so, and these little offers generate an interest from gamers who have heard very little (or if they have, heard a lot of nonsensical garbage) about the game in the past.

More interest in the product, and more subs = a better product in the long run for all people involved. I also think that the veteran reward system, coupled with a decreased subscription rate (in the long run) is easily the best concept introduced in any MMO I have tried; I've only ever spent like 30 -45 minutes in the capital city and must have seen 7-8 different players get the "6 months veteran" achievement reward. very very very impressive.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

So we say small dev with little budget. Tell me why this looks better then anything I have seen in years then?

Damn you guys, you make me want to play Rift again!

Even though I love it, my friends play WoW, I just started Animal Crossing on the Wii again, then there's Skyrim and the new Zelda coming this month, wish I had more time/smart friends so I could play Rift again.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So we say small dev with little budget. Tell me why this looks better then anything I have seen in years then?

This was the second selling point for me personally, and it is exactly the reason why I want to support this talented development team (people vote with their wallets, remember) if I continue to find this game engaging as it has been so far.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3364201

Hey All,

I’d like to take a minute to thank everyone for their continued participation and feedback on this event. It’s always been our goal to give people the best content we can – no matter what form it comes in. But we can only do our best when we involve our community in the development cycle, so again, thank you to everyone for your continued feedback on this event and all of our content.

In response to the Fae Yule, we’ve already made a few changes based on what we saw firsthand during the Friday playtest session, and we’re continuing to try and improve the experience by incorporating some of the feedback in this thread. There are a lot of quick wins in here:
    • Snowing in the cities? You got it!
    • Need some more decorations around the cities to really feel the holiday? Done!
    • Not enough Humbugs? Bah! ... I mean... we’ll see what we can do!

I can’t promise you’ll see all of the ideas make it in to this specific event, we do have a ship date to meet – and that means localization, QA time and other not so glamorous, but essential, reasons limiting what we can add (that should give a tease as to when this goes live), but we’re looking to see what else we can squeeze in.

But that brings me to a bigger point – future world events! We’re always forward thinking on these and we’ve seen some interesting suggestions and talks on the topic. But there have also been several comments in this thread, as well as in some other threads for the 1.5 World Event, about the lack of worldly-ness in the last few events and the repetitiveness and/or blandness of some of the content.

I’m here to say, we hear you!

We had some issues in the first few World Events and learned some lessons about what our tech can and can’t handle. We’ve tried a few different things and watched the community responses – both the good and the bad. Where this has led us though, is to play it safe. Does it work? Yes. Does it form a pattern that leads to some of the feedback we’ve heard? Probably. Can we improve the player experience? Definitely!

I think most would agree – it’s time to shake it up! While we would have loved to do this sooner, the content for 1.5 and Fae Yule was already in the pipe under the safe plan. But we’re throwing that plan out for now. Nothing is sacred – we’re reviewing every aspect of the World Events to see where we can add more impact, how we can deliver the content in new and creative ways, how we can target more of our community audiences, how we can keep people engaged for all of the phases, and most importantly, how we can make it the most fun possible.

I can’t give out any specifics at this point, obviously – but top men are on this!

Daniel Steamer
    Lead Content Designer, RIFT
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    “Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?” -The Internet

These videos and whole thread convinced me to check the Rift when I got some free time to spare. Thanks alot When 1.6 patch will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    These videos and whole thread convinced me to check the Rift when I got some free time to spare. Thanks alot When 1.6 patch will be released?
    Nov 16th is what they seem to be aiming for. The dev post above seems to point at that also. It seems they are trying to stick to that 6-8 week content schedule.

Can anyone confirm what rift types the 1.6 currency will drop from, is it only air?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm what rift types the 1.6 currency will drop from, is it only air?
    The Unique Snowflakes drop from every type of Rift, foothold, invasion mobs from any Plane.....plus if that wasn't enough...scattered all over every zone will be these 'Fae Trees type bases from which you can loot presents non stop for one Snowflake at a time....

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The Unique Snowflakes drop from every type of Rift, foothold, invasion mobs from any Plane.....plus if that wasn't enough...scattered all over every zone will be these 'Fae Trees type bases from which you can loot presents non stop for one Snowflake at a time....
    Ooh, what kind of presents? @_@ And thank goodness it drops from everything, needing 3k snowflakes per character for the mount alone is going to be... x_X