I've been growing sick and tired of Shane but this episode really redeemed him!

I hope they don't find the girl and make the choice to move on, or find evidence that the girl may have been eaten.

Been watching since last season, absolutely love the show. I agree with the 'too much Carl last episode' point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningbuns View Post
    Only get's one of his hands cut off. Either way, my biggest problem with the tv version of The Walking Dead is how completely different it is from the comics. They aren't even trying to make it similar any more...
    I've come to enjoy the different story arc in the TV series. So far it's been solid in the 2nd season and I rather like not knowing everything that will happen ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really conflicted about what I think of Shane at this point. I love him as much as I despise him, just going to have to see how this develops in future episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry im a few days late just watched the episode since my power has been you since saturday, Im not sure if Shane did this to save his own hide or because he thought this through as either both of us and karl will die. His character can go either way atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Best show on TV, imo!

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    sorry im a few days late just watched the episode since my power has been you since saturday, Im not sure if Shane did this to save his own hide or because he thought this through as either both of us and karl will die. His character can go either way atm
    I thought it was pretty clear Shane did it to save himself.

There were at least three viable options for him that I saw... they could have kept running until one of them 'couldnt keep up'... which is what I originally thought happened...

Shane could have sacrificed himself. (You *knew* this wasnt gonna happen)

Or he could have tripped the guy next to him to buy him some time... (wouldn't it have been ironic if a bunch of the zombies kept after Shane anyways ?)

Shane chose the one that WOULDN'T get him killed, and then lied about it like he lied about the Husband being dead... and if ever confronted about the affair, he'd probably lie about that too, if given the opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Shane could have sacrificed himself. (You *knew* this wasnt gonna happen)
    If by "you knew this wasn't gonna happen" you mean that Shane's character is too selfish to sacrifice himself, then I say that there is no way that Shane would have OFFERED to sacrifice himself if he was always planning on murdering Odis. What would he have done if Odis agreed? Just say, "Lol I'm jk... hey turn around real quick for me please."?

It wasn't too long ago that Shane said that he loves Carl, and even if he wants to leave the group, he definitely doesn't want Carl to die. So I still believe that he did it to save Carl.

If you instead meant that we knew he wasn't gonna kill himself as in his character is too important to the story to die, then I agree with you.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Shane really seems to have just decided to say "Screw it" and remake himself w/ all the BS going on with the group and the whole love triangle thing. I hope he does leave so he can get away from the drama and build up his character beyond just being the best friend and the other man. I would honestly like to see Shane leave and take Carl with him, I think Shane cares about Carl and can do more to teach the kid than that whole group of whiners.
    After the episode I just want Lori to die, making Rick justify saving their kid's life because she is too weak (mentally) to fight for herself let alone her child.
    I really think that Carl just needs to not be shown for awhile for w/e reason and they should find a better actor to play the part, so they can be like "OMG Carl is growin up look!" then put the character back in the show.

and then lied about it like he lied about the Husband being dead...
    I was under the impression that when he put his head on the husbands chest in the flashback that he really thought he was dead, was it specifically stated that he still felt a heart beat or breathing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkay View Post
    I was under the impression that when he put his head on the husbands chest in the flashback that he really thought he was dead, was it specifically stated that he still felt a heart beat or breathing?
    I am 99% sure that your impression is correct.

Yeah, I hope they either find the girl and move on, or find out she's a zombie now. As for weather or not they would eat Otis if he had been shot in the head or not. I think they would have. Remember the part of the zombie hanging in the tree? His legs were eaten to shreds, and I am pretty sure the Geeks ate his legs after he hung himself. He was still fresh meat by their standards.

Edit: forgot to add. Where are the people in the house getting power from? Lol. I am assuming a generator. But no one is asking about it.
    Last edited by Nazdreg; 2011-11-05 at 02:12 AM.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I am 99% sure that your impression is correct.
    Except that he defended his lie to the wife afterwards. Which meant that he knew there was the possibility the husband wasn't dead, just that it wasn't likely, or in their self-interest to determine for certain. But he knew that the wife NEEDED certainty, so he gave that to her.

Obviously Shane went there to 'save carl', but as I said, there were several options he had that would have resulted in saving carl. He simply chose the one that saved himself AND carl, and everyone else be damned.

The real question is... if it came down to saving himself OR carl (like say, having to dump those medical supplies), which would Shane have chosen ?

Edit: forgot to add. Where are the people in the house getting power from? Lol. I am assuming a generator. But no one is asking about it.
    Its a reasonably isolated farm, could be a small solar or wind turbine... or some other generator. Doesn't take much to power lights.

Its a reasonably isolated farm, could be a small solar or wind turbine... or some other generator. Doesn't take much to power lights.
    True, I did think about that, just thought it was odd that they had every light on in the house it seemed. But as one that lives in a rather rural area, they had to be on a well system to get the water, and well pumps suck up some juice. But since it's summer (better sunlight) and if they are using both solar and wind, then it is feasible for sure.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

That ending

Shane gets the job done.

15+ Year Old Account
    This series is getting so damn awesome. The drama is so intense. Loved the last episode!

loved Charokee Rose.

It's nice to see the classic "asshole" character in zombie movies getting tipped upside down. And by this I mean Darrel.

Also, Yay Glen getting laid.

Also, we now know that Lorie being pregnant isn't what Jenner whispered in Rick's ear.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Also, Yay Glen getting laid.

Also, we now know that Lorie being pregnant isn't what Jenner whispered in Rick's ear.
    Glenn the man! yeah. It was cool.

I'm not sure what that whisper was about. I doubt it was as small as a pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    True, I did think about that, just thought it was odd that they had every light on in the house it seemed. But as one that lives in a rather rural area, they had to be on a well system to get the water, and well pumps suck up some juice. But since it's summer (better sunlight) and if they are using both solar and wind, then it is feasible for sure.
    Well, they mentioned the 'generator shed' in this episode, so that question was answered. Solar panels are now on the top of my Zombie Apocalypse Survival Shopping List, though.

You guys can eat canned cat food, I'll be microwaving burritos.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Glenn getting laid scene felt very out of place... he didn't have much former contact with that chick and then BAM!... sexy time. That would be like me going to class tomorrow, asking the girl I sit next to how her weekend was, and then taking her to the bathroom for a hammertime love making session.

And I agree with Direshadow, the Cherokee Rose was a very cool scene. Daryl just gets more awesome each episode.

Also, it looks like Daryl's brother is coming back next episode, that'll be interesting.