Thread: 4.3 spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    proMM set-bonuses Wanna some love for Surv

Deleted
    just make blessing of might like melees (20%ap) that's a good start

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Why is everybody so anxious to have the best DPS spec? Just play the class spec you like to play most, all are viable for raiding. I can understand that if you are in the top 1% and aiming for world's first or something you might need to have the best specs and classes, but in all honesty that's not likely to happen for most of us anyway.
    So just choose the spec you want to play most because it's fun.
    I've been an arcane mage since I can remember (although I started out in Vanilla as fire for a month or two) and I guess I always will because I like the playstyle and utility it brings.
    I don't mind not being at the top. The problem is that we'll be at the very bottom even though dps is all we can do.

No one wants to be the guy or girl that is holding back the raid group. If you are DPS then you want to do the most damage. If you can do more damage playing another class in less gear then you feel bad. Most guilds are not going to boot you because you are a hunter or whatever. I'm still going to play a hunter even if we scale terrible. I've played a hunter since launch and trust me, we have been in worst shape then this. It's just that as a DPS class we want to be competitive with the other DPS classes. They give melee DPS free damage because they are "suffering" and leave us pretty much untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthok View Post
    how many of you have personally gone on the PTR and seen hunter damage compared to other classes? I mean personally, not a "friend of a friend told me" or "zomg vodka and other top 100 guilds are benching hunters". This kind of thing has been seen around WoW for years in the top guilds of WoW.
    /raise hand.....i've been on the PTR to do the fights AND i've talked to high end hunters doing the HM fights and such. I'm talking strictly 25man here, i don't really worry about 10man because hunters will always have a place since we bring unique buffs. I'm talking about the raid size that real dps benchmarks are measured in. Mark my words (and other people's) it is NOT looking good for hunters out there. The sims only tell part of the story, and even then they can be misleading. Hunters will be left behind if there isn't some change in the next build or two. I'm waiting, time will tell.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    it is NOT looking good for hunters out there. The sims only tell part of the story, and even then they can be misleading. Hunters will be left behind if there isn't some change in the next build or two. I'm waiting, time will tell.
    ive already started gearing my ret paladin to prepare for the worst after being on the PTR. female orc for life.

There has not really been a raid tier since I have been playing (BC release) that hunters were terrible. BM hunters were amazing in BC even keeping up with Warglaive'd Warriors and Rogues in Sunwell. In Wrath, they were very strong and skidded a bit in the first tier after they tuned down the initial overpowered Survival spec but Blizzard gave the overpowered Serpent Sting 2pc T8, which buffed Marks considerably. Even, full Armor Pen hunters in ICC were able to keep up with Shadowmourne melee to an extent. And even in Cata, Hunters have done very well.

I just think there is still more to be implemented with hunters or something since I just cannot foresee Blizzard allowing hunters to be 'terrible' for 4.3. Though I hope Blizzard pulls through since I miss raiding seriously on my hunter a lot in the past few months and was thinking of switching from my warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldarius View Post
    Even, full Armor Pen hunters in ICC were able to keep up with Shadowmourne melee to an extent.
    This made me laugh a little. So incredibly untrue.
    Overall for Cata hunters have been quite good, I'll agree. At lower gear levels where most of the progression is to be made we've done exceedingly well in both tiers we've had. Its not looking good for 4.3, though. Not only will we still be scaling incredibly bad, we're starting off as one of the lowest specs. And with the patch nearing completion, I don't see many/any further buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    I simmed it as a hypothetical to see by how much it would impact. It's not a patch change. Seems like it would be the easiest way to boost Surv DPS though, being that simple half a % scaling adjustment for a 6.5% damage increased. It would put Survival precisely where it needs to be.
    While that's just "simple half %" change, it also is a 50% Mastery buff, which is A LOT. Biggest buff I've seen is around 17% (or did they do more on Fury's Mastery?).

I personally am not a fan of being the top class. When you are not playing the top one you can slack a bit and when you actually beat the others it feels great. Being top DPS when your class is supposed to be means you are just doing what you should be doing. You don't "shiny".

Like, back in Dec/Jan, as SV hunter on 4pt PvP I was topping everyone with little effort. That was boring. I don't want that back, but I still want to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldarius View Post
    There has not really been a raid tier since I have been playing (BC release) that hunters were terrible. BM hunters were amazing in BC even keeping up with Warglaive'd Warriors and Rogues in Sunwell. In Wrath, they were very strong and skidded a bit in the first tier after they tuned down the initial overpowered Survival spec but Blizzard gave the overpowered Serpent Sting 2pc T8, which buffed Marks considerably. Even, full Armor Pen hunters in ICC were able to keep up with Shadowmourne melee to an extent. And even in Cata, Hunters have done very well.

I just think there is still more to be implemented with hunters or something since I just cannot foresee Blizzard allowing hunters to be 'terrible' for 4.3. Though I hope Blizzard pulls through since I miss raiding seriously on my hunter a lot in the past few months and was thinking of switching from my warlock.
    True there hasn't been a patch where we were terrible throughout it's entirety, ever since cata we fall way behind after everyone gears up. And as far as letting us suck for a whole tier, I'd like to point to mages in T11. Blizzard let mages lounge in the halls of the useless dps for quite some time before they fixed them. If i'm not mistaken it was damn near the end of the tier before they even did anything to them damage wise. I'm not saying hunters are doomed or whatever, but i'm being realistic. Half of me is pretty sure that blizzard isn't going to change hunters since MOP is right around the corner, while the other half of me thinks that they'll sneak something in there (perhaps maybe after they actually see top guilds swapping out all of their hunters ala shamans on sinestra).

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phos View Post
    ive already started gearing my ret paladin to prepare for the worst after being on the PTR. female orc for life.
    lol i have an enh shaman that is geared and ready to go

lol i have an enh shaman that is geared and ready to go
    Heh, I did the opposite when 4.2. Rerolled from Enhancement Shaman to Hunter since there was only "OMG WE ARE GONNA FAIL COMING NEXT PATCH" on the forums because of how bad we scaled from gear, then they got those insane t12 bonus and a massive mastery on gear compared to t11. And also I was tired of being useless when AoE was needed. Now I'm reading exactly the same here but I tell you, wait until patch is live before doing anything. You could be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Edit: On another note, did anyone else notice the ridiculous buffs for demo locks/fire mages/ret pallies/many other low specs, while our bottom two specs got very minimal buffs? Makes me sad.
    '

LOL demo did NOT get buffed, i know im late to the party but jesus christ you are so misinformed. you act like demo is a bad spec on live when its the second highest dps lol

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    '

LOL demo did NOT get buffed, i know im late to the party but jesus christ you are so misinformed. you act like demo is a bad spec on live when its the second highest dps lol
    Well Demo got in fact a buff, but also a fix on a bugged guardian that allowed them to be on the spot they are currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping to be BM as main spec in raids, it's a lot more fun to play imo!

With Ragnaros 25 HC being the exception. I tried it tonight, having the Chimera not go crazy on Molten Elementals didn't always work out. I'd love some sort of pet control revamp or something :<

Also, BM has a lot better mobility, specially since we're not forced to cast 2x Steady Shots to keep ISS up.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    This made me laugh a little. So incredibly untrue.
    Did you even raid ICC HM's? Maybe during progression a small chance I could be wrong, but mostly 11/12-12/12 HM geared ArP hunters were able to keep up with Shadowmourne Melee. When <Cuties Only> transferred over I was able to see some of their hunters being able to keep up with their melee -- not a knock on their melee especially them holding some of the top melee in the world, generally. Hunters were really strong in ICC and it was a shame a lot of people think they were a middle of the pack DPS.

True there hasn't been a patch where we were terrible throughout it's entirety, ever since cata we fall way behind after everyone gears up. And as far as letting us suck for a whole tier, I'd like to point to mages in T11. Blizzard let mages lounge in the halls of the useless dps for quite some time before they fixed them. If i'm not mistaken it was damn near the end of the tier before they even did anything to them damage wise. I'm not saying hunters are doomed or whatever, but i'm being realistic. Half of me is pretty sure that blizzard isn't going to change hunters since MOP is right around the corner, while the other half of me thinks that they'll sneak something in there (perhaps maybe after they actually see top guilds swapping out all of their hunters ala shamans on sinestra).
    I see your logic and understand where you coming from. Though I do not think we'll have to worry about becoming the Burning Crusade mages, who were the weakest range besides elemental/boomkin. All I am really trying say is for everyone to be a bit more optimistic seeing as Blizzard has been pretty quick on tuning hunters especially when they now there is a healthy chunk of raiding hunters throughout the game, would be a dumb move pissing them off. I still think guilds are going to bring 2-3 hunters unlike the 4-5 for Sunwell (stacking 3% lol) or early Wotlk (stacking CoW lol) especially since our movement dps is still good as well.

'

Demo locks got buffed to compensate doomguard mastery fix. 2pc T13 is really really good for Demo hence they are so high up in DPS rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Heh, I did the opposite when 4.2. Rerolled from Enhancement Shaman to Hunter since there was only "OMG WE ARE GONNA FAIL COMING NEXT PATCH" on the forums because of how bad we scaled from gear, then they got those insane t12 bonus and a massive mastery on gear compared to t11. And also I was tired of being useless when AoE was needed. Now I'm reading exactly the same here but I tell you, wait until patch is live before doing anything. You could be surprised.
    Yea i'm not jumping ship just yet, i'm just preparing my life raft lol...

'

Oops, meant destro. Not that demo locks are hurting next patch, see http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T12H.html

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Now I'm reading exactly the same here but I tell you, wait until patch is live before doing anything. You could be surprised.
    If someone is seriously considering rerolling then waiting for it to go live is a bad idea. Better to prepare for it now, so you won't be left scrambling last minute. If hunters are fixed you'll just end up having a nicely geared alt.
    -- 14 hunters at 85 -- 15th is at 83

I need a new hobby.

Deleted
    have there been any nerfes to MM? i did that encounter with the button last night and my dps was at ~26k dps which is quite bad for me. sv nubmers were about the same...though i don't know how much i do as sv on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Salionski View Post
    If someone is seriously considering rerolling then waiting for it to go live is a bad idea. Better to prepare for it now, so you won't be left scrambling last minute. If hunters are fixed you'll just end up having a nicely geared alt.
    Well that's right too, but what I meant is, don't be so eager to reroll only because things seems that are going to be bad. I did that mistake with my Shaman ^^; But then again now I can AoE and single target competitively lol.