Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    TOR coul be awful and it would still be modestly successful for two reasons:

1) Loyal BioWare fans
    2) Loyal Star Wars fans
    And if you're both?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

TOR could be awful and it would still be modestly successful for two reasons:

1) Loyal BioWare fans
    2) Loyal Star Wars fans
    There are so so many SWG players and ex-SWG people playing this game, I would bet they alone would be able to keep it going.

I for one was a SWG player in the beginning before it went terrible. Some people just want to play Star Wars man, lol. Its pretty damn fun.
    The future implications of the game are amazing

-Open Space Combat
    -Guild starships
    - Players housing (starship customization and interaction)
    -Tons of crazy PvP ideas, RvR and instanced
    - Bounties

and plenty more

Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    I'm going to watch it slowly die and becoming a free microtransaction game like all other MMO's that try to compete with teh KING
    It's amazing people like this somehow function in society.

Perfect example of why I hope this game dosn't become close to WoW, too many people like that there. There will no doubt be some people this low in SWTOR but hopefully not as many as bad as this.

I hope people play with better courtesy and intelligence then this in SWTOR.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Very much like a single player RPG unless my friend or guildies want to group of for shyte.
    I will try to do it the same way to enjoy the story the most I can. Not sure how it will work though, specially in a PvP server.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plan to play it with a open mind, enjoying exploring every nook and crannie I can find along the way with my fellow guild members/friends, whom also wish to have fun as well.

After it goes free-to-play.

Look at all the people in this thread saying that they'll be playing it like a single-player game. I'd be all over Bioware's latest if I didn't have to pay month-by-month to play it.

Post constructively. People mean they want to do the leveling as a SPRPG, not the entire game. There is plenty of MMO content.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-07 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    After it goes free-to-play.
    Oh look, guys, a troll! How peculiar!
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Oh look, guys, a troll! How peculiar!
    Except that I'm quite serious.

Look at all the people in this thread saying that they'll be playing it like a single-player game. I'd be all over Bioware's latest if I didn't have to pay month-by-month to play it.

10+ Year Old Account

So you EXPECTING for it to go F2P and only providing us with 1 sentence without any opinion or thought as to why it would go F2P in your head, is NOT trolling?

Ok.

So you EXPECTING for it to go F2P and only providing us with 1 sentence without any opinion or thought as to why it would go F2P in your head, is NOT trolling?

Ok.
    Why not? It's an entirely legitimate answer to the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? It's an entirely legitimate answer to the question.
    If you honestly and sincerely believe your answer was legitimate, I'm sorry to say this, you are delusional.

ToR fans will continue to see these types of comments until we see more transparency from Bioware in the form of a NDA drop. Right now this is a legitimate concern. It makes you wonder the viability of the games population after the first month.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll hit 50 in TOR within a week of it launching, and be able to report to my guildies, forums, RL friends, etc. on many things including:

- Initial difficulty of the endgame.
    - Amount of content currently available.
    - A good idea of how balanced PvP is.
    - The quality of the currently available endgame content.
    - Relative difficulty of the leveling process.
    - Amount of stuff to do at max level outside of PvP and raiding.
    You will not be able to do that unless you are lucky enough to be on a server where other players like you do the same thing. The first guy to reach lvl 60 in vanilla WoW was a shaman, and he did say that it was quite boring for the first months being almost alone at that level. Suit yourself tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think you will be able to hit 50 in a week, you need people to help you do flashpoints.

If I could get my hands on a copy of the Collector's Edition then I would be more excited but as I live in Australia, I don't believe that it is possible. It's sad really because while we are not a huge percentage of the player base, we are still avid gamers and it's a real slap in the face.

But on topic, when I do first get my hands on it at some point, I am going to play it much like other have said: As a single player game with chat.

If you honestly and sincerely believe your answer was legitimate, I'm sorry to say this, you are delusional.
    Stop feeding the troll and just report him. If he can't think properly that's his problem.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Deleted
    Take my time and enjoy the story Don't think anyone I know is going to play it so it'll be a relatively solo experience.Hoping to see each classes story at some stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going as fast to 50 as can so Ic an raid, while trying not to comprimise the game's story telling. And then I wil go back and start exploring every corner of the game.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

To be honest ..I probably won't be playing SW at all. I want to but I have invested years in Wow and dont think I have the drive or energy to do it all over again. Now before you all tromp on me by saying its a whole new game with new mechanics... I agree..it is new. However some aspects will be the same, levelling, raiding, gearing will all be similar to what we have all ( maybe) done many times with alts on WoW. Perhaps my perception will change when the game comes out, the video clips I have watched look amazing, story line looks great, SW universe is diverse and fun to be in. Any thoughts on how to develope more of an interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgiest View Post
    To be honest ..I probably won't be playing SW at all. I want to but I have invested years in Wow and dont think I have the drive or energy to do it all over again. Now before you all tromp on me by saying its a whole new game with new mechanics... I agree..it is new. However some aspects will be the same, levelling, raiding, gearing will all be similar to what we have all ( maybe) done many times with alts on WoW. Perhaps my perception will change when the game comes out, the video clips I have watched look amazing, story line looks great, SW universe is diverse and fun to be in. Any thoughts on how to develope more of an interest?
    Now why can't we see more reasonable WoW players like this? Why do others like Nelfie on page 3 feel the need to come here and prove that they can't think/be constructive?

I commend your non-aggressive stance and reasoning while coming here.

To answer some of your questions... You should try out some other Bioware games to get a feel for how they tell stories, what the choice systems are like, how companions can add content. If you can, you should try Knights of the Old Republic, it is the most relevant obviously since it is Star Wars. Mass Effect is a space age Sci-fi RPG that is fairly unique, I couldn't really get into it but it has a big following. Dragon Age is a series that works somewhat similarly in many aspects such as story, choices and companions, it is just set in a more Medevil setting.

It is an MMO so it will also share a lot of things like level grinding, gear races, repetitive raids and such as well but it is the story and functionality of NPCs that set it apart from others. A lot of the same-y stuff will be at end game, the journey is where things stray a bit. It has been said that they are going to try and make some more unique stuff in endgame too so its not the "Raid or Die" model most MMOs have fallen into.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2011-11-07 at 11:08 PM.