Darth Maul=Bad@$$
    The Emperor=Bad@$$
    Darth Malak=Bad@$$
    Darth Revan=Bad@$$
    Darth Nihilus=Bad@$$
    Darth Malgus=Bad@$$

And then there's the Jedi...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z29OVZLbZk
    Qui Gon effectively developed one of the hardest force techniques, the force ghost.

Well at least until they totally ruin his shitck by letting every retarded jedi use it, before it was a very powerful and difficult JEDI technique that basically gives you immortality.

Also Obi wan, Yoda and Mace Windu make every darth look like a sissy loser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    snip
    A technique that was used by like half the Sith Lords to ever exist - Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos, Ajunta Pal and many others.

Thousands of years before Qui Gon was born. So I don't see how he "developed" it.

The only difference being that Jedi ghosts could only talk in cryptic riddles, give "advice" and disappear, while the Sith ghosts could posses people, influence their thinking and even kill them (Exar Kun burned one of Luke Skywalker's padawans from the inside out).

Exar Kun btw lived like a 100 or so years before Revan (so ~400 years before TOR) was a citizen of the Republic, and stayed in the form of a force ghost until after the events of the 6th Lucas movie.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-05 at 08:35 AM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Original/Old Obi wan, Yoda and Mace Windu make some of the darths look like sissy losers.
    Fixed that for you xD

But really, there are badass characters on both side, obviously. The Star Wars movies wouldn't be (one of) the biggest IPs in the world if only one side of the controversy had cool characters.

<Opinion>
    I would say Yoda and Vader rank at the very top of badassery in force users (in the movies), with Han/Chewie and the Fetts being the most badass non-force users (once again in the movies, since they are what really made the IP into what it is).
    </Opinion>

When it really comes down to it though, any number of the Empire could out-badass any number of the Republic on any given day, and vice-versa.

sith is awesome because --> UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Obi wan, Yoda and Mace Windu make every darth look like a sissy loser.
    Ok this is ridiculous, lol, sorry.

I may not like the fact 8 out of 10 Sith Lords were psychotic murderers, but power-wise they left the Jedi in the dust.

Exar Kun who wasn't even from the ancient Sith, was a one-man army. He created Leviathans and other monsters using Sith Alchemy, his Force Blasts (basically Force Push on steroids) could crumble stone walls, and he was one of the best lightsaber duelists in SW history, having a knack for fighting in almost all styles - including single saber, staff and dual sabers.

Even in death, like many of the Sith Lords, he continued to cause serious trouble for the Jedi Order (as I already mentioned in your other thread).

The ancient Sith lords (the ones that ruled Korriban) like Naga Sadow , were even more powerful:

"Naga Sadow was an accomplished Sith sorcerer. He chose to delve into forbidden Sith teachings, and augment his dark side power with long-forgotten Sith traditions. One of Sadow's greatest strengths was his ability to create illusions. From his meditation sphere Sadow could focus his abilities to generate illusions of large Sith forces on remote worlds. These phantom forces were able to even cause damage to Republic troops. Furthermore, even several Jedi Masters present at Coruscant could not recognize the illusions for what they were.

Sadow also demonstrated an ability to manipulate solar activity through the Force, giving him the power to destroy stars..."

(taken from Wookiepedia).
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Palpatine is an amateur compared to Naga Sadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Palpatine is an amateur compared to Naga Sadow
    Palpatine is an amateur compared to most other Sith Lords that lived before the events of the Lucas movies =)

Naga Sadow could blow up stars, what more needs to be said?

Darth Nihilus from KoTOR 2 drained the life from an entire planet, killing most of the Jedi Order, including Master-level Jedis.

The biggest advantage the Jedi ever had over the Sith was clear thinking. The Sith Lords tend to go slightly crazy with lust for power and make mistakes =)

The exceptions are few and far between, the only really famous one being Marka Ragnos.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-05 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    I fear somebody may have already given this answer, but surely the best reason to side with the sith is simply: "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil."

I don't understand why so many people are lured to the Sith.

I can't really complain, while all of them will be ooOOooing and aawwwing over force lightning and Jawas Bioware will just continually improve the republic to balance things the players out
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Because they're evil and they don't make excuses. Typically the dark faction in other games is given off as misunderstood.

Yeah I don't get it I keep hearing they're bad ass, they're so bad ass.
    They make good villains, but I don't get why treachery its cool, why murder for nothing but personal power is cool.

I'll play a bounty hunter maybe even a scoundrel if light side. I get the super goody two shoes type Jedi are boring, but I think troopers and grey or almost get Jedi are way more bad ass
    Last edited by tripplebooya; 2011-11-08 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chastity View Post
    I fear somebody may have already given this answer, but surely the best reason to side with the sith is simply: "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil."
    In KOTOR, the Jedi violate the mind of an enemy to convert him into one of their own operatives, then play dumb about the whole thing for most of the game. Sounds pretty damn evil to me.