Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Well, they mentioned the 'generator shed' in this episode, so that question was answered. Solar panels are now on the top of my Zombie Apocalypse Survival Shopping List, though.

You guys can eat canned cat food, I'll be microwaving burritos.
    Well, glad they cleared up the generator bit . Yeah, solar panels are pretty nice, tho I did see a home version of wind powered devices you can get, (not in the show, to clear that up. heh) about 600 bucks, can power a few items too. Would think you would have to have about 4 for a house to power it all!

I have to agree to, the Glenn Scene was a little odd. But who knows, when you don't know how long you might live for, sometimes a quickie is needed. /shrugs.

Still bugged they are drawing out her missing tho. Was hoping this season was not going to be about looking for her for X days. But does open it up for Merel. (as we saw in the sneak preview)
    Last edited by Nazdreg; 2011-11-07 at 09:42 AM.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    The Glenn getting laid scene felt very out of place... he didn't have much former contact with that chick and then BAM!... sexy time. That would be like me going to class tomorrow, asking the girl I sit next to how her weekend was, and then taking her to the bathroom for a hammertime love making session.
    In a zombie apocalypse no one is there to judge you :P Also she knew Glenn liked her but was just too shy so may as well make the move since well, who else is she gonna be with.
    Loved the episode esp with the zombie in the well. Wonder how the zombie got inside their farm perimeter and fell inside the well without anyone noticing?

am I the only 1 annoyed about how stupid this show actually is, prime example, shane shooting the fat guy when the zombies won't catch up with them anyway, and them actually fighting and the zombies not catch up with them at that point, it's just bad, really really badly made, it pretty much just sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    The Glenn getting laid scene felt very out of place... he didn't have much former contact with that chick and then BAM!... sexy time. That would be like me going to class tomorrow, asking the girl I sit next to how her weekend was, and then taking her to the bathroom for a hammertime love making session.

And I agree with Direshadow, the Cherokee Rose was a very cool scene. Daryl just gets more awesome each episode.

Also, it looks like Daryl's brother is coming back next episode, that'll be interesting.
    I'm pretty sure in a post apocalyptic world the last thing your going to do is take someone on a date and get to know them better.
    Pretty much beggars can't be choosers.

Also everyone seems to always be busy so finally being alone is a no brainer when it comes to stripping naked with someone you barely know lol

Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    Loved the episode esp with the zombie in the well. Wonder how the zombie got inside their farm perimeter and fell inside the well without anyone noticing?
    I was thinking by the way Maggie reacted to T-Dog bashing it's face in, which it could as Glenn asked if it was her 1st time seeing something like that. I was thinking it could be her brother. Or was it a step brother she had? I forget.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

This show is getting so boring. The comics were 10x better. By this rate, we'll have The Governor in season 7/8. Too much drama over the kids, the writing is just horrid that you can see the actors aren't really into it either.

Character development in the comics was so much better; Glen was a badass scout, Carl actually played a big role (could most likely consider him a main character at one point). They could have done all these things, but with all the problems they've had with budget cuts, Darabont being fired, the show is being veered in a direction that doesn't make this appealing and the drop in ratings show.

Now, I'm not the one that applauds over constant zombie action, but the route this show is taking is just sad.
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2011-11-07 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    This show is getting so boring. The comics were 10x better. By this rate, we'll have The Governor in season 7/8. Too much drama over the kids, the writing is just horrid that you can see the actors aren't really into it either.

Character development in the comics was so much better; Glen was a badass scout, Carl actually played a big role (could most likely consider him a main character at one point). They could have done all these things, but with all the problems they've had with budget cuts, Darabont being fired, the show is being veered in a direction that doesn't make this appealing and the drop in ratings show.

Now, I'm not the one that applauds over constant zombie action, but the route this show is taking is just sad.
    Ok so if you dont like the Tv show go ahead and don't watch im pretty sure the show will do fine with millions of other people watching other then you

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    Ok so if you dont like the Tv show go ahead and don't watch im pretty sure the show will do fine with millions of other people watching other then you
    Personally, I found the comics pretty lacking in content after seeing what an amazing job the series did at filling in the gaps. Thats fairly common in comics & manga translated to the screen, but *shrugs*.

As far as the Glenn scene goes, I think it was a needed counterpoint to the death and loss of hope being pounded in the last few episodes... and anyone that doesnt understand how people that have been eyeing each other in a group setting can suddenly drop their pants while alone, probably hasnt gotten laid...

and yeah... the whole 'if i was the last man on earth...' makes it easier to hook up too...

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    am I the only 1 annoyed about how stupid this show actually is, prime example, shane shooting the fat guy when the zombies won't catch up with them anyway, and them actually fighting and the zombies not catch up with them at that point, it's just bad, really really badly made, it pretty much just sucks
    Theres a very high chance its you, I am enjoying it myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    I was thinking by the way Maggie reacted to T-Dog bashing it's face in, which it could as Glenn asked if it was her 1st time seeing something like that. I was thinking it could be her brother. Or was it a step brother she had? I forget.
    Most likely it was some family member at least :P

However, I'm hoping the farm situation wraps up quick and they move on.. I can guarantee that from what was hinted at in the last episode that we're going to have an EPIC moment within the next two episodes :P

If I had one complaint I would say that at times the whinyness of the show gets too me a tiny tiny tiny bit. And this Sophia thing has dragged on way to long.. find her alive, find her dead.. I don't care anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post

However, I'm hoping the farm situation wraps up quick and they move on.. I can guarantee that from what was hinted at in the last episode that we're going to have an EPIC moment within the next two episodes :P
    Left 4 Dead style last stand in the farm house woot!!!

Loved this season so far. I hate having to wait a week for the next episode though, lol.

Hoping Daryl doesn't get killed off, definitely my favorite character on the show. It would be even shittier if he does die, it's by the damn snake that spooked the horse in the preview. Though, I doubt it. It looked like when they showed Merle, he was in the woods standing over someone. Thinking it might be Daryl in the creek he was refusing to help. He was an asshole and could be pissed at his brother not coming back to help him.

Hoping the whole Sophia thing gets wrapped up soon, too. Almost just want them to find her dead.

I thinking Hershel and his crew are hiding something. If I remember right, he said his wife was bit and I have a feeling he might be keeping her in the barn or attic or something, Shaun of the Dead style. The walker in the well was way to fat to just fall down in there, especially with the cover they had over it, if he did happen to wander onto the farm. I think it was someone they knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ I don't think the well zombie was an obese human. It's been down there so long stuck waist deep in water that it just got super bloated.

That would be cool if Hershel had a walker tied up somewhere, but I don't really see that happening seeing how down to earth and sane appears to be.

I had that thought too, but like someone else said earlier, the way Maggie reacted to it was like it was someone she knew. She bashed one in the head when going out to look for Lori after Carl had been shot with no problem and watched Daryl shoot it afterwards.

Left 4 Dead style last stand in the farm house woot!!!
    In your dreams. It's gonna be the lameass drama mess for the rest of the season I bet. Been going worse every episode so far. I'm all in for good story telling, dialogue, drama, and the whole package. But this series is starting to get plain boring.

Not to mention there being so much inconsistency in every god damn episode this season that I occasionally wonder why I even bother. Oh yea, and nearly everything that happens is predictable. Yay for that :|
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2011-11-08 at 06:23 PM.

My thoughts about the series so far:

Not enough zombies.
    Boring locations.
    Deep characters and backgrounds, with actors portraying them not having the skill to pull it off.
    NOT ENOUGH ZOMBIES
    Stupid decisions. "We dont allow guns here" "Lets split up". Wait...this is a zombie show...right?
    No zombie tools. Why no boom boxes for distractions? Why doesnt everyone have a gun and a melee weapon?
    Seriously...where the #%$^ are the zombies!? You can tell when a zombie is gonna pop up half the time just based on dialog.

All in all, I put it with falling skies. 2 new shows, bunch of bad acting, boring locations, and CONSTANT head scratching decisions made by the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Yeah anyone who thinks this show is one of those zombie killing fests they're wrong. It's more about the characters than anything.

Remember the thread is still tagged as spoilers!

I thought the highway scene was awesome.. It was one of those things where I couldn't stop watching till it was over. As far as the little girl goes my guess is that she won't be found. Also judging from the preview they showed on Talking Dead they may be looking to take the kids out of the equation all together.
    the first season was good, but the second is going downhill fast. reminds me of a daytime drama with zombies.

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    it's kind of a morbid joke reincarnated in the series. the guy had a effed up leg and would probably have died... not saying it was right, but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post
    the first season was good, but the second is going downhill fast. reminds me of a daytime drama with zombies.
    agreed 100%.

The only bad episode in the first season was Vatos, but season 2 is just riddled with horrible character development and terrible writing. They took a good show with amazing potential and turned into a 'daytime drama' with no focus on any characters. There is absolutely no development on Carl nor Glen, both of whom were complete badasses and deep development in the comics.

Even the writers forget their own story. We need water, let's forget the big truck with gallons and gallons of water and go find some in a well with a zombie.

Awful editing as well. They kept showing the group pulling up rope, making progress, and then we cut back to Glenn and he's still in the exact same position, almost in reach of the zombie.

You could consider these filler episodes, but come on now, try harder please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think instead of shooting otis he couldve just cut he hand and wiped the blood on a rag, and threw it in a direction they were not headed so the zombies wouldve orgasmed over the smell of fresh blood. I only say this since the black guy cut his arm on a car when the herd was going by and they instantly smelled the fresh blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    Don't you think instead of shooting otis he couldve just cut he hand and wiped the blood on a rag, and threw it in a direction they were not headed so the zombies wouldve orgasmed over the smell of fresh blood. I only say this since the black guy cut his arm on a car when the herd was going by and they instantly smelled the fresh blood.
    I don't think that would work. Once they realized there was nothing to eat they would continue after the people running.