Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    I'm baffled by the amount of snipers using the tac light or laser sight on their snipers. I mean why?
    None of the other upgrades I've unlocked so far seem useful. Suppressor? Defeats the purpose. Flash Suppressor? Reduced accuracy seems dubious (plus I haven't unlocked it).

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    None of the other upgrades I've unlocked so far seem useful. Suppressor? Defeats the purpose. Flash Suppressor? Reduced accuracy seems dubious (plus I haven't unlocked it).
    Yeah, but the tac light and laser sight give away your position. You should just not use an upgrade if you don't have anything worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Metro sucks!*

*unless you're medic

[IMG]*PICTURE*[/IMG]
    Nice work blowing your own trumpet heh, nah seriously nice score.

How does B2K "conquest assault" work? I've watched 2 gameplay videos and I can't tell any difference from the regular conquest.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'm still annoyed about the PS3 getting Karkand a week early. I mean really? So EA had to annoy people by the stupid preorder bonuses that they had with BF3, but now their going to annoy people even more by giving content to a different platform earlier than others? And don't even think about giving me that "It's just a week, It's not a big deal" lecture.
    If you pay full price game, YOU BETTER get the same release date for content or whatever the same time everyone else does.
    You bought the game knowing that PS3 got things a week early, it was clearly stated on the Origin site, and in small prints.

Regardless of how much it annoys you (doesn't annoy me), you could have got the PS3 version. They can do what they want.

You seem very angry. You need to calm down, it's just a game :P

I would agree with you if it was necessary medical supplies lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    At best in closed quarter combat the snipe gun can be used as a typical bolt-action rifle. But please dont forget to turn the light off when you are camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    How does B2K "conquest assault" work? I've watched 2 gameplay videos and I can't tell any difference from the regular conquest.
    I think one team starts off with less capture points. So start at a disadvantage, although I have heard people saying that you also have to take flags in a particular order (which would defeat the object of conquest I Think).

However I have heard others saying that it will include 7 CP maps, which would be good.

But yeah I believe its when one team has more points than the other at the start and thats all.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    from bf 2142 wiki page, i would assume it will be the same.

In Conquest Assault, which is identical to normal Assault in both its coding and function, the PAC starts with one uncapturable flag (an immobile titan), while the EU starts off with the rest of the flags and an immobile titan which can be captured by PAC.

also this from ea forums

Only one team has an uncapturable base. The other team has standard capturable flags. If the other team loses all their flags (known as being outcapped) they cannot spawn, and unless someone on that team goes and gets a flag back, will lose due to ticket bleed.

so it's basically Rush with flags, instead of mcom's
    Last edited by dabros; 2011-11-08 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post

In Conquest Assault, which is identical to normal Assault in both its coding and function, the PAC starts with one uncapturable flag (an immobile titan), while the EU starts off with the rest of the flags and an immobile titan which can be captured by PAC.

also this from ea forums

Only one team has an uncapturable base. The other team has standard capturable flags. If the other team loses all their flags (known as being outcapped) they cannot spawn, and unless someone on that team goes and gets a flag back, will lose due to ticket bleed.

Also, I have read from numerous sources although none from journalists, that the Conquest Assault mode will be available for all vanilla maps also as it comes as a game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post

also this from ea forums

No its not basically Rush if you ever played Karkand on BF2 this is exactly that. BF2 had a couple maps that had one team start with a uncapable and the other had all the bases

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    New footage of Strike at Karkand and Gulf of Oman, both look absolutely amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZz0...&feature=feedu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZxZ5...&feature=feedu
    Oh, I can't wait to see how many people hop inside that pit on Karkand fora free nade kill. I can see the multi-kill points already.

This game is great, soooo much you can unlock its crazy.

I also got MW3 and in comparison It is very disapointing. All the maps on MW3 are small and sniping is all about quickscoping not real sniping. So very glad BF3 is the better game.

Deleted
    Been playing BF3 for the past few days now and I suck balls. For some reason I'm having an extremely hard time actually scoring more kills than I have deaths. Horribly frustrating at times. It would seem that the upgrades you get over time make a huge difference. Maybe a little too huge. It'd be nice if higher-level people weren't tossed into the same games with helpless nubs like myself :P

All things considered though, the overall experience is pretty epic. I find myself thoroughly enjoying the graphics, effects, sounds, etc, and when I am actually on a roll and do well there's not much more that I could wish for from a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    Been playing BF3 for the past few days now and I suck balls. For some reason I'm having an extremely hard time actually scoring more kills than I have deaths. Horribly frustrating at times. It would seem that the upgrades you get over time make a huge difference. Maybe a little too huge. It'd be nice if higher-level people weren't tossed into the same games with helpless nubs like myself :P

All things considered though, the overall experience is pretty epic. I find myself thoroughly enjoying the graphics, effects, sounds, etc, and when I am actually on a roll and do well there's not much more that I could wish for from a game like this.

I sucked dick too my first 3 days of playing, its mostly just knowing the map and where people like to run and hide. Once you get the feel for it, You will get kills like crazy. And remember, nades are your friend.

If you quickmatch you won't be.

There is an underlying skill system that matchmakes you.

Unfortunately, being good and having unlocks do not go hand in hand.

In conquest maps, your frag score consists of 20% from gun duel, 30% vehicle kills (more if you actually train heli skill to high level) and 50% from long-range sniping (both snipe guns and rifles)/messy firefight/backstabing/camping. Im pretty bad when it comes to duel, but still manage to get 1.2 KDR. Not too bad IMO, lol.

Unlocks is essential to heli/jet, not soo much to tanks, somewhat important to infantry (wall hacking IFR scope & mortal :P).
    Last edited by kronpas; 2011-11-08 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    I hope that they will nerf that IRNV and hard... i have it in 4 weapons and its way too much OP... like are they ever see a real NV??!!? You just get blinded if ya wear those thing in daylight.

EDIT:

Realy sorry about this post and i took some research and found this video from YOUTUBE (suprise...). Its very similar whats in the game and looks like they can use it in DAYLIGHT too. Hope i could get it for my IRL .308 rifle.

Video
    Last edited by mmoc5146b6238f; 2011-11-08 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    I play as an engineer 2/3 of my playing time. In such a game as BF3 where vehicles are massively outclass normal infantry and so common, having a RPG launcher ready is quite handy.
    This is the only thing that is really frustrating me. I'm by no means good and it's my first experience in a battlefield game so maybe it's just how the series has always been but while dropping med packs and rezzing was great fun I couldn't stand the inability to do anything at all to a tank. Basically I started as an engineer and figured I'd go medic because they seemed to be a bit more helpful to the team. When I couldn't do anything at all to a tank though, and when I realized how extremely powerful basically all vehicles are compared to an infantry I went back to engineer. Maybe if I was a higher level I'd have some kind of offense against a tank as a medic but at the current time I can do nothing against them and I find myself going engineer in almost every situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    This is the only thing that is really frustrating me. I'm by no means good and it's my first experience in a battlefield game so maybe it's just how the series has always been but while dropping med packs and rezzing was great fun I couldn't stand the inability to do anything at all to a tank. Basically I started as an engineer and figured I'd go medic because they seemed to be a bit more helpful to the team. When I couldn't do anything at all to a tank though, and when I realized how extremely powerful basically all vehicles are compared to an infantry I went back to engineer. Maybe if I was a higher level I'd have some kind of offense against a tank as a medic but at the current time I can do nothing against them and I find myself going engineer in almost every situation.
    The idea is you have to work as a team, you have to rely on the engineers, like they have to rely on you :P