Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightsaber colors

Hope this doesn't break NDA, but is your lightsaber color a choice, or random?

10+ Year Old Account
    Choise, you can get Crystals that change your Lightsaber color, and depending on your LS/DS choise get red for Republic and blue for Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there's more colours then Blue, Red, Green & Purple! because i would LOVE an Orange or Pink lightsaber!

Deleted
    hmm in the films its always been blue for the jedi and red for the sith , so i guess it will be the same . As well tho i guess other colours will be available , after all mace windu used a violet coloured lightsaber.

in other star wars games there were lightsabers of all different colors, the usual green, blue and red seen commonly in the movies, as well as violet, silver, and orange

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    hmm in the films its always been blue for the jedi and red for the sith , so i guess it will be the same . As well tho i guess other colours will be available , after all mace windu used a violet coloured lightsaber.
    No it wasn't and no it wont.
    Why have the urge to post wrong stuff like this ?
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Choise, you can get Crystals that change your lightsaber color, and depending on your LS/DS choise get red for Republic and blue for Empire.
    Lightsaber colors are NOT restricted by faction.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume it would follow a similar progression as the previous Old Republic games, depending on what you choose you get assigned your first Lightsaber (Sentinal was yellow, Knight was Blue and the last sub class was green), but after that quest, your initial colour could be changed by visiting a cave and retrieving various coloured crystals, or buying special crystals for absurd prices or a by doing a long and tedious quest chain. (Grey / white crystal from KOTOR 2 anyone?)

If i was a betting man, i would assume it's the same. There is just to much customization for them to overlook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    Blue or green. And, in the one case, purple, like you said.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Lightsaber colors are NOT restricted by faction.
    But they are restricted on morality i.e if you are not DS and not Empire you won't get red color.

There's blue, green, red, yellow, and purple at least. And the pre-order bonus crystal is supposedly yellow with a black outline?

But they are restricted on morality i.e if you are not DS and not Empire you won't get red color.
    You are wrong. Trust me, i'm in BETA.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://scifi.about.com/od/starwarsgl...olors-Mean.htm

According to The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force, lightsaber colors originally indicated a Jedi's role in the Order. For example, Jedi Consulars, who focused on non-violence, carried green lightsabers to symbolize peace. Jedi Guardians, on the other hand, carried blue lightsabers as a symbol of uniformity and solidarity.
    Just in case anyone was wondering...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm fair enough, so if i roll a Jedi Knight i can get a red lightsaber if go full Light Side?

Hmm fair enough, so if i roll a Jedi Knight i can get a red lightsaber if go full Light Side?
    yeah. no problem. As long you have Artifice

Ultraviolet lighsaber. Also known as blacklight or fluorescent lightsaber. How epic would that be?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

That doesn't mean BETA has all the features in yet. He's right about morality, the developers said that's the way they'd be going about it.

I don't know much about SWTOR and don't really plan on playing it, but wouldn't it feel weird if Sith could use blue & green lightsabers, and Jedi could use red ones?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, just because you're from Germany doesn't mean people just attach that man with the funny moustache to your persona. You're allowed to be an indvidual within a group.

http://scifi.about.com/od/starwarsgl...olors-Mean.htm

Even within the Star Wars universe, the meaning of lightsaber colors is not always certain. Jedi vs. Sith: The Complete Guide to the Force, for example, states that the idea of lightsaber colors reflecting their wielders' personalities is a "popular notion," but incorrect. Rather, lightsaber colors depend on the type of crystals used to create the blade.
    Last edited by GallowsZA; 2011-11-09 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    I hope there are black lightsaber/blaster crystals