Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Moonkin Form & Glyph of Moonkin Form

Just wanted to suggest introducing a minor glyph that would allow Blance Druids to benefit from the talent [Moonkin Form] without actually shapeshifting into a Moonkin. Why is this a good idea? Well, I see 3 reasons:

1. A lot of us Druids don't like (or are bored of) the Moonkin Form.
    2. Quite a few Druids would really enjoy seeing their armor in combat.
    3. Seriously now, why the F not?

[Moonkin Form], currently:
    Shapeshift into Moonkin Form, increasing Arcane and Nature spell damage by 10%, reducing all damage taken by 15%, and increases spell haste of all party and raid members by 5%. The Moonkin can not cast healing or resurrection spells while shapeshifted.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement impairing effects.
    Ok, we can't revamp the talent from "form" into a simple "buff" and slap in a glyph that would remove the visual effect. It won't work for obvious reasons, so it has to stay as a "form". We can't just add a [Glyph of Moonkin Form] that would allow the Druid to maintain caster form when shapeshifting into Moonkin Form because that wouldn't make any sense.

What we can do is add a [Glyph of Moonkin Form] that "alters the appearance of Moonkin Form", similar to the new Glyph of Shadowform, although with a small difference - by "alters" I mean completely removes the sh!tty (I mean beautiful) visual effect.

p.s.: yes, similar topics have been made in the past but we, unlike Priests, haven't been heard yet.
    p.p.s.: I wouldn't mind a similar glyph for every form (yes, every form) because my female nelf has the sexiest 2h animations in this game that I never get to see.
    Last edited by Dewinter; 2011-11-08 at 01:50 PM.

Then why not name the new glyph [Glyph of the Moonkin's Blessing]? It sounds better/ makes more sense and would still be able to provide the same bonus

You can name it whatever you like for all i care as long as it gets the job done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love moonkin form, and dearly miss perm tree form. I detest the new tree form i've glyphed the old form

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    I love moonkin form, and dearly miss perm tree form. I detest the new tree form i've glyphed the old form
    Good for you

I don't like moonkin form since it's been the same for the past.. 5(?) years.

Please give glyph or just remove/make it into a CD

Why can't they just make it the same way as tree of life form? it works as a buff, when used you enter the form and get some benefitial buffs, for example more armor, more dmg increase, immune to snare etc. and i think that could actually have been a way to solve the balance druid problem in pvp. in rated bgs we are a strong player to have on the team, but within arena we are completely useless if being trained by lets say a dk. its just an idea, but i think that would both close some problem doors we have had open for quite some time. but ofc it may also open a few new doors.

Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm iunno that's kinda taking away from every thing that is a druid, they are shape shifters. The priest change i can see but the nature of a druid is to take on a different form.

Awsome sig made by :Eis
    Jayne Cobb: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

Deleted

Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestux View Post
    Hmm iunno that's kinda taking away from every thing that is a druid, they are shape shifters. The priest change i can see but the nature of a druid is to take on a different form.
    Exactly. Maybe Moonkin's should get a bit of a redesign so they appear more badass as you level up, but removing the shapeshifting aspect of the form would suck. Not to mention that is raises questions as to why a non-shapeshifted balance druid wouldn't be able to cast restro spells.

The priest change made sense, this doesn't.

I seem to remember reading that during Cata development Blizz were toying with the idea of a 'moonkin-less' balance spec so you could do this.

A glyph doesn't seem to be the best way to do it. I think having an extra talent that gives a buff when you aren't in moonkin form, like 5% haste or something would work. That way, you could choose what you preferred. Fury get a talent choice for 2 Handers or 1 handers, and so do Frost DKs.

But I doubt that will happen, especially with the new Talent re-vamp in MoP. Unless one of the talents was something like "You gain X while you are not shape shifted (Being in Moonkin form cancels the effect)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Deleted
    I like how people choose to play a class and then complain about a fundamental aspect of that class, ie, being in a form. It's like rolling a hunter and bitching about not being able to heal.

doomkin form is the only reason I dont play balance...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

i would prefer the glyph solution rather than the cd option, it was bad enough they removed perma tree

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I like how people choose to play a class and then complain about a fundamental aspect of that class, ie, being in a form. It's like rolling a hunter and bitching about not being able to heal.
    I choosed to play druid before 6 years...things can tire you up.

Deleted
    I'm not a fan of removing perma forms, I play as a kitty and find it hard to play anything else because clawing and scratching a target is just too awesome :3

However I love that they introduced some customisation for kitties and bears, so perhaps having the same type of changes available for boomkin would help solve a few boredom issues and allow balance players to feel a little more unique, but without compromising the fundamentals of being a druid.

It's something I'd like to see anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestux View Post
    Druids are shapeshifters yes, but shapeshifting does not require you to be in an shapeshifting form all the time to act. Shapeshifting is the ability to transform. and thats it, the time within that form is not relevant to be a shifter or not..
    besides, balance would still remain shapeshifters of the nature. but why did blizzard change the perma tree of life? and why cant they do the same with balance druids? back in TBC you were in tree of life all the time and that worked just fine. now its an buff you trow up to empower your healing.
    Last edited by Buubba; 2011-11-09 at 01:25 PM.

The main theme of playing a druid is having shapeshift forms. I am among the many who miss perma-tree form. I deliberately farmed Tournament dailies just to get a nice tree companion for my resto druid.
    If anything, losing perma-tree form made me stop playing my druid, whats next? Tanking without bear form?

Also, I can only assume that you have never typed /dance in moonkin form. The dance alone justifies it.

If you absolutely MUST see your gear, just shapeshift out of moonkin form when not in combat, after all thats the only time you should have time.
    When I'm raiding, I don't focus on how awesome I look, I just want the boss to die.

that is a bit lame to say dont you think? some people have been a moonkin for several years, eventually people do get tired of the same old same old form.
    being a balance is not like being a hunter or a mage, on those you can see the gear. forever changing gear that you think is awesome and makes you wanna play that character more. even now when transmo comes out, you guys can run around with the super awesome tier gear of yours while we still need to be in our boring form that we have been in for the past 6 years.

Most people are telling the OP that they rather stay in Moonkin form, but that's why it's a nice idea as a glyph. You have the option.

I for one would love the idea.

I absolutly love moonkin form... i wish i dident have to exit it to mount etc.

Uh no - form changing/tree opinions are cosmetic - healing is not.