Thread: Post Your UI

And new Lui aswell Looking ahead to maby finaly change back to Stock UI :P

"LUI v3.6.5Beta - WoW Patch 4.2
    To keep people up on recent changes that doesnt like alphatesting, here's our newest sample. The team has, mostly been swamped with real life so that's why there wasnt much word from us in some time.

Good News is, i'm getting some free time very soon and will be working on a few nice big features. New major version coming after 4.3 launch and compatibility is established"

from

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...130-LUIv3.html

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Tukui v14 is coming soon... just wanted to put that out there.
    Well take it back in. The more people that post their own UIs that they have made, and the less that go "lol I has tukUI its so cool" the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Wow interface says... "Upload in progress"

Stay tuned for more info...
    I'm genuinely keen. Thanks in advance

But mine uses TukUI as its base... WHAT THEN!?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninkai View Post
    But mine uses TukUI as its base... WHAT THEN!?!?
    I don't mind if your UI is a direct modification of TukUI (for example, If you were Elv posting ElvUI). What annoys me is someone posts "here is my UI, spent tons of work on it." And it turns out to be ElvUI with recount.....THAT is what grinds my gears.

This WAS my UI back in Vanilla (what's up first Ragnaros kill!). Yes it was cluttered..

EDIT: Jeeze, stats have inflated a ton since Vanilla...
    Last edited by proteen; 2011-11-09 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Well take it back in. The more people that post their own UIs that they have made, and the less that go "lol I has tukUI its so cool" the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I don't mind if your UI is a direct modification of TukUI (for example, If you were Elv posting ElvUI). What annoys me is someone posts "here is my UI, spent tons of work on it." And it turns out to be ElvUI with recount.....THAT is what grinds my gears.
    At least we no longer have to see the countless versions of the SpartanUi monstrosity. /thankful

Deleted
    So much Tukui/ElvUI hate.

I changed some of the bar colors to match each other better. Does anyone have a really cool looking bar texture? One that I can apply to the entire UI as I prefer it like that. I want something more than just a flat texture, but there has to be a nicer one than this.

And yes, the alternate power window is 1 pixel off in height & not having the shadow applied to it, which I obviously fixed just now...
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-11-09 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted

Jasje's Edit of Tukui. I moved the frames a bit. The Filger setup combined with Weak Auras are self made with inspiration from Touchymcfeel. Trying to keep the middle as clear as possible yet providing all useful information in a minimalistic way. Still fixing some stuff and the frames' positions/sizes aren't 100% done yet.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    The Filger setup combined with Weak Auras are self made with inspiration from Touchymcfeel.
    I'm also using Jasje with similar ideas to yours, however I would love to see an export of your filger setup because I am having trouble getting my buffs/debuffs to line up like that!

Also, what are those timer bars that move from the left to above your unit frame? they are very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by z0mg View Post
    As a former UI destroyer, i can understand this.

Stared with random unconfigured addons, then got oUF + Caellian (which is what TukUI has been made of), then got TukUI.

Nostalgia of my first "self-made" UI (i managed to rip and shop wow textures lol)

Some ICC time

The update i had in Cata start (yes it's TukUI)

I'm not saying that my work is better than others, and tbh, i think i'm very behind many posters here, both in UI quality and skills. But at least from the screens i posted you can say that someone has put some kind effort on realizing his UI.

Specifically about TukUI, i used it a lot, but then i found extremely annoying to wait for the work of others to be done so i could replicate my edits from patch to patch - much simpler to just write my own UI
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

This is the UI I use aka BeneaUI. I have changed a few things around to fit my liking such as replacing stuf with oUF(Lure I believe or maybe, possibly mono) and switching skada to recount since my guildies made fun of me for using skada. Other than that its for the most part the same stuff from the original download.

http://i.imgur.com/aUL48.jpg

Nice just some tips:
    - get rid of shadow on the timer font on cooldown timer
    - correct font size on the castbar
    - correct font/size on hotkeys
    - grimreaper would look good with the font you use on other addons
    - overall it will look better if you set a standard template for all the fonts through your ui
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    I'm also using Jasje with similar ideas to yours, however I would love to see an export of your filger setup because I am having trouble getting my buffs/debuffs to line up like that!

Also, what are those timer bars that move from the left to above your unit frame? they are very cool!
    I am not 100% done with my UI yet so I am not going to upload anything. If you still want it, I expect it to be done by the weekend and I can send it to you then.

The timers are just DBM, skinned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z0mg View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Tuk or Elv. It's the fact that you get a never ending stream of nitwits posting 'their' UI, which is just TukUI again. Or worse, TukUI with SexyMap. The thread is called 'post your UI', not 'post someone else's UI'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Tuk or Elv. It's the fact that you get a never ending stream of nitwits posting 'their' UI, which is just TukUI again. Or worse, TukUI with SexyMap. The thread is called 'post your UI', not 'post someone else's UI'.
    That's a pretty dumb argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Come on people, let's stay civil please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go. Check em out !

http://i.imgur.com/KsEjB.jpg <- On my hunter, MSBT Outgoing has been moved to the right a little more

http://i.imgur.com/XwFwr.jpg <- Ignore the red boxer, I was highlighting something to show the addon author

Feel free to ask away !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    And where would you draw the line then on what's a "Your UI" and what's not? I like my UI, it's different from the default ElvUI implementation, yet by taking away ElvUI it would collapse, meaning I can't post it as it's not mine. So say you add a texture to <insert random Unitframe addon>, give it a color and a border you are cool and it's "Your UI", while instead you dragged some pre-made frames and applied a style to it.

Mind you, not pointing fingers, trying to flame, <insert more here>, just really curious on what's done and what's not from that point of view.

Deleted
    Here is mine, nothing special but I like it cuz I made it myself

http://i41.tinypic.com/i3fkib.jpg

Questions are welcome, and tips to improve it are more than welcome!