Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where are the elder dragons?

Where are the elder dragons and what are they doing? Do we know or have any knowledge about their whereabouts at all? If they're so huge, then why don't they just fuck up Tyria? What're they waiting for? If we don't have any hints on this at all, then what are your personal theories?

I don't know that much about elder dragons but what I do know is this. The reason they have not fucked up tyria is because they have been in a deep sleep for 100s of years I think only 2 or 3 have woken up and the fire guy (I forget his name) has been fuckin tyrias underground up. the undead dragon (i think) did fuck up the now charr home lands by creating a giant scar in the land(think deathwing scar in the badlands but more badass and purple). As for there motives im not sure.

Correct me if im wrong (I dont know GW lore as well as WoW lore) but from what I understand they are deep withen the planet, under mountains (in some cases they are the mountains) and deep under the sea. They are massive big...very big... VERY VERY BIG.
    Last edited by Geronis; 2011-11-10 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronis View Post
    Correct me if im wrong (I dont know GW lore as well as WoW lore) but from what I understand they are deep withen the planet, under mountains (in some cases they are the mountains) and deep under the sea. They are massive big...very big... VERY VERY BIG.
    Kralkatorrik (the crystal dragon) rose and flew north, leaving a big trail behind him where he flew. So if he awakened and flew north, then where did he go? Why didn't he stay and make Tyria go to shit? I want to know what he's doing up there, haha. I dunno about the other ones though.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kralkatorrik
    appears to be inside of a large hilly area...chilling

An interview implies that the dragons fight among themselves as well as against the races of Tyria.
    AND...

Zhaitan will be the only Elder Dragon that players physically encounter in the initial release of Guild Wars 2.
    I'm not sure why the awakened dragons don't just completely fuck Tyria though. Seems that they have the power to do whatever they want.
    Last edited by Coke; 2011-11-10 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kralkatorik woke up, bursting out of the mountain and flew SOUTH down through the crystal desert, and he's now somewhere in there which cut off all contact with elonia via land.

Zhaitan is over near orr i believe, and his undead army cut off all contact with Cantha

Primordius is still sleeping, and i believe jormag is somewhere in the northern shiverpeaks...

And as someone else said theirs supposed to be a deep sea dragon that hasn't stirred yet
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronis View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kralkatorrik
    appears to be inside of a large hilly area...chilling
    That pic just totally creeps me out >.> It's like an entire mountain range, but made out of a dragon ><

(Thank you for the correction. I wasn't quite sure about where he went).

Primordus did wake up though. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus He's just underground.
    So even if we know where they are, are they just sitting around chilling? They could've killed everything by now.
    I did see that somebody said that the Elder Dragons fought amongst themselves, which seems like a logical theory. Perhaps they're having territorial disputes.

I sound like a huge nerd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    (Thank you for the correction. I wasn't quite sure about where he went).

Primordus did wake up though. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus He's just underground.
    So even if we know where they are, are they just sitting around chilling? They could've killed everything by now.
    I did see that somebody said that the Elder Dragons fought amongst themselves, which seems like a logical theory. Perhaps they're having territorial disputes.

I sound like a huge nerd.
    I doubt their fighting amongst each other since they're all spread out pretty well, they're probably just doing their dragon things for now
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Here's video that show Kralkatorrik from GW1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UaSyjWE#t=177s, give some idea of scale of these. In the end of that video it show pale tree too.

I really really hope that infighting thing happens in the game. I love bad guy vs bad guy fights. In fact im just imaging a DE were 2 elder dragon armies are fighting each other and we have to make a b line to the 2 champions fighting each other. And instead of the the champions doing some bullshit your "enemy is my enemy thing" the fight turns into one big free for all.

What are their dragon things though? I don't understand how even though they're all awake, they aren't really doing anything. Or at least it doesn't seem that way. We see their generals and stuff in the gameplay videos, but other than that there doesn't appear to be any traces of them. Of course, it'll probably be different once the game releases and we actually get to see all there is to see. But are they just sitting there? Are they flying around like Deathwing did in Cataclysm? Why haven't they fucked with any of the major cities at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Kralkatorik woke up, bursting out of the mountain and flew SOUTH down through the crystal desert, and he's now somewhere in there which cut off all contact with elonia via land.

Zhaitan is over near orr i believe, and his undead army cut off all contact with Cantha

Primordius is still sleeping, and i believe jormag is somewhere in the northern shiverpeaks...

And as someone else said theirs supposed to be a deep sea dragon that hasn't stirred yet
    To correct you all the Elder Dragons have awakened primordius was the first to awaken at the end of eye of the north he's currently fighting the dwarves underground this will clarify things a lil better http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elder_Dragon.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

What are their dragon things though? I don't understand how even though they're all awake, they aren't really doing anything. Or at least it doesn't seem that way. We see their generals and stuff in the gameplay videos, but other than that there doesn't appear to be any traces of them. Of course, it'll probably be different once the game releases and we actually get to see all there is to see. But are they just sitting there? Are they flying around like Deathwing did in Cataclysm? Why haven't they fucked with any of the major cities at all?
    Well primordus is driving out a-lot of the underground races out of there homes to the surface and making giant tunnels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lion's Arch got ass raped by Zhaitan raising the entire continent of Orr...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

What are the tunnels for? (Yay, more questions nobody can answer)
    Haha I'm so curious about all of this. It seems so strange to me that they haven't really done anything noticeable yet, but I guess that's for us to find out as the game progresses. I just really want to know. =( Why is the game not out yet? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Lion's Arch got ass raped by Zhaitan raising the entire continent of Orr...
    That's true, but then why did he stop there? I don't understand, haha. I know it would kind of ruin Tyria if the dragons just went all out, and thus wouldn't be quite as fun of a game if it was all fucked up. But I still want to know the reason that they have, if they have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the tunnels for? (Yay, more questions nobody can answer)
    Haha I'm so curious about all of this. It seems so strange to me that they haven't really done anything noticeable yet, but I guess that's for us to find out as the game progresses. I just really want to know. =( Why is the game not out yet? D:
    Most of the tunnels dug out by the Dredge were for the expansion of the Stone Summit dwarves kingdom/ empire.

That's true, but then why did he stop there? I don't understand, haha. I know it would kind of ruin Tyria if the dragons just went all out, and thus wouldn't be quite as fun of a game if it was all fucked up. But I still want to know the reason that they have, if they have one.
    Because they don't have to lift a finger if they don't want to. Zhaitan's got an entire undead armada at his disposal...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

We dont know much about the dragon's motivations. Its entierly possible that they have their own agenda with eachother and dont see the mortal races as any more important than we would view ants. You may stomp on ants if they get in your way or if they anoy you but its not worth the effort to wipe them all out. If they are fighting eachother its also possible that the reason we only see minions for the most part is they are useing said minions for a proxy war. As massive and powerful as the dragons are said to be a direct conflict between 2 or more could destroy the teretory they are fighting over leading them to not want to engage eachother directly.
    The races of Tyria are unable to understand their intelligence, motivation or even gender, as the Elder Dragons are primordial forces. To Tyrians, they are no different from the natural disasters they are described as. However, each of the Elder Dragons have their own unique motivation and ways to act, be it in what they do or how they corrupt things.

Who is John Galt?

Nothing being confused with Deathwing, these might have other motives with Tyria, besides screwing up the world. Let's wait for the release mm-kay?