Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    I absolutly love moonkin form... i wish i dident have to exit it to mount etc.
    just fyi... Use leyaras locket while in boomkin then mount up, when the buff expires you will be in boomkin on your mount. And your mount will be tiny

ON TOPIC: They really just need to update the moonkin models (and gives trolls moonkin with tusks, really, do it nao) And if people don't like the new boomkin forms, introduce a glyph, just like they did with tree, that makes your moonkin the old model. But I feel like if they make it fundamentally the same, like they did with cat (essentially same thing with more polygons and some nice color options), people won't mind it. The reason some people don't like new tree is because its completely different, not just more polygons on the treant skin. Sure its the same skeleton, but the model is not even remotely similar.
    Last edited by Vraizan; 2011-11-09 at 02:48 PM.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

have you seen how lame the wrath animation is on male night elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buubba View Post
    Druids are shapeshifters yes, but shapeshifting does not require you to be in an shapeshifting form all the time to act. Shapeshifting is the ability to transform. and thats it, the time within that form is not relevant to be a shifter or not..
    besides, balance would still remain shapeshifters of the nature. but why did blizzard change the perma tree of life? and why cant they do the same with balance druids? back in TBC you were in tree of life all the time and that worked just fine. now its an buff you trow up to empower your healing.
    I didnt like the change to trees either. I just wouldnt see the point of a druid with out shapeshifting. might as well break them all into there own classes

Awsome sig made by :Eis
    Jayne Cobb: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

What could be more of a sulution is the barber shop. as a tauren you can change the skin, maybe give druids a feature that makes them able to change the skin color, and other outlook stuff, that would solve it all if you ask me. no need for either a glyph of a major change in the spec itself. maybe add 2 more options on the barber shop where you can add for example less feathers, more, other stuff like a big neckless with some sort of druid mark.

I HATE the moonkin form.

Only reason why i never played my Balance druid for more than a few hours after lvl85.
    Most annoying form ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
    Good for you

I don't like moonkin form since it's been the same for the past.. 5(?) years.

Please give glyph or just remove/make it into a CD
    point of removing ? non ? thats why we play balance druid or just Druid right for the forms ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcdragon View Post
    The main theme of playing a druid is having shapeshift forms. I am among the many who miss perma-tree form. I deliberately farmed Tournament dailies just to get a nice tree companion for my resto druid.
    If anything, losing perma-tree form made me stop playing my druid, whats next? Tanking without bear form?
    Gonna have to agree with this guy here. I played before there was treeform, and I remember thinking it was silly when they added it, but when they took it away it seemed wrong. I remember when moonkin form was added and we all thought that was a joke, but it's cute and it's become a part of the class now. If you dont like using your forms, why did you roll a Druid? I agree moonkin could use some graphic enhancements and maybe even some customization options similar to what they did with feral forms, but removing it altogether would be a bad thing imo. If you want to glyph it off like the shadow priest glyph, by all means, but stop taking away druid forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guattari View Post
    Exactly. Maybe Moonkin's should get a bit of a redesign so they appear more badass as you level up, but removing the shapeshifting aspect of the form would suck. Not to mention that is raises questions as to why a non-shapeshifted balance druid wouldn't be able to cast restro spells.

The priest change made sense, this doesn't.
    I personally, and I'd bet most of us here who have played moonkins for years, think they should let our colors changed based on hair color like bear and cat do... It's an obvious fix. Let us be different colors! horn options based on, as an example from a troll view, different tusks= different horns in forms.

A whole revamp of the form would have effects like the tree of life change did. Some would like it, some wouldn't. Either way it's work for blizz just like the rest.

Let us customize how our owls look!

How bout a glyph of moonkin armor that lets us wear our armor over our moonkin form..... how about that?

Customized colors based on hair color, different horns based on the same barber shop changes, and a glyph that lets us show armor over the feathers.

Personally I would like a Glyph of Arrakoa (like the skettis trinket) would also be awesome.. and that form is already made in the game, and even has a dance and sleep animation with it already..

^I wish the game was more dark and sinister for horde.. Would be awesome to look like that ^
    Last edited by Kembo; 2011-11-09 at 10:22 PM.

Druids have never been shapeshifter in lore. They are about nature in general. There have never been any famous druid that used to change into Moonkin form. I am lore guy and I want my druid to cast spell in night elf form. i think an option to hide Moonkin form would be great. Since when Malfurion change into Moonkin to cast badass spell?

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda funny I stumbled apon this topic, because I'm leveling as moonkin JUST to have moonkin form lol, it's so cool in my eyes (together with the blizzard store moonkin hatchling :P). But I can definatly understand dps druids wanting to be able to see their armor in combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Druids have never been shapeshifter in lore. They are about nature in general. There have never been any famous druid that used to change into Moonkin form. I am lore guy and I want my druid to cast spell in night elf form. i think an option to hide Moonkin form would be great. Since when Malfurion change into Moonkin to cast badass spell?
    ^this

to all the Lore & RP ppl

quit with this "druid is shapeshifter class why remove it??"
    Even if that were true(which it's not) then update the model or give us the choice to decide if we want to look like a furry ball like we've done for the last 6 years or finally get to see our gear without standing afk in main cities.

easy way - add glyph that alters the form just like they did with shadowform. Seriously Balance/Cat/Bear druids are the only ones that can't really benefit from Transmogg tool, can't see their armor, been staring at the same dull crappy form for few years etc.. I don't play druid just because I want to actually see my gear progressing..

Hard way - make armor visible on the forms. Like bears in armor in the Golden Compass series..

Deleted
    Isnt moonkin form, that what makes balance druids unique, and special. Same as back in the past the tree form did? A balance druid without moonkin form, is, in my eyes, just another caster like mage, or warlock. If you dont like the form, roll a class like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Hard way - make armor visible on the forms. Like bears in armor in the Golden Compass series..
    Now that would ROCK...!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linknl View Post
    Isnt moonkin form, that what makes balance druids unique, and special. Same as back in the past the tree form did? A balance druid without moonkin form, is, in my eyes, just another caster like mage, or warlock. If you dont like the form, roll a class like that.
    So because I don't like looking like a furry ball every single time I log onto the game (but enjoy everything else moonkin has the offer - as in playstyle)
    I should reroll?

get real.

Deleted
    I agree completely with OP.

Looking at that orange crap every raid, I don't even like the sounds in moonkin form. Sounds like pig screaming when you take dmg in it... and shifting into moonkin sounds like elephant farted. Awful.

Makes no sense resto druids are in caster form, moonkins not...

A little offtopic.... just occured to me, Pandas in MoP would be ideal for druids. You have a BEAR in "caster" form with visible armor so pandas were potentially first druids to become druids with no forms. And another idea, when "shifting" into cat they could make a model to look something like worgen so you have visible armor in cat form as well... and make it glyped so druid can choose appereance (new or old forms)
    One can only hope -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll a mage nab. ^^

But seriously moonking really could use something that would make it more reasonable for arena... Id love to play as doomking in arenas and focus on my druid 100% Its just that none wants a insane aoe/cyclone/root/dot machine in their group. Reason is prolly dispels.Yep Dispells r things that should be fucking removed from the game or boost every classes that rely on dots or similar effects example: Last 20 rounds in arena on my lock. Healers have been dispelling every dot I put on the targets. The 4sec silence and minor useless dmg aint enough. So I suggest if u dispell UA, FS, LB etc etc u simply /delete ur fucking healer automatically ^^

Back to the post.
    HAH m8 seriously dont play boomking if its so "ugly" or u wanna see ur character while in combat. Dosnt that tell how easy pve is or how sucker u r in pvp if u r watching ur toon while depsing/pwning? :S

I must say, out of all the graphics in the game, Boomkin makes me cringe the most, just ahead of Goblins. I just don't like the way they look, walk, cast or make sounds and I find them purely irritating. However, removing the form is silly and it should only be a glyph imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a druid from vanilla, I truely feel the same way about my druid. Not just in balance, in resto too, I've stopped playing him purely because I'm sick of being stuck in crappy forms and not seeing my armor/progression.

I don't want update for moonkin form I want an option to hide it.