Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    hi, im looking for a macro that will allow me to cast hymn of hope, then cancel the channel and go back into shadowform. i tried
    /cast hymn of hope
    /stopcasting
    /cast shadowform (and also tried /cast [noform] !shadowform)

neither would cast shadowform though. thanks in advance for any help

edit: never mind sorted it
    for anyone interested, this is what i used

#showtooltip hymn of hope
    /cast shadowform
    /cast !hymn of hope
    /stopcasting
    Last edited by Viggers; 2011-11-05 at 11:40 PM. Reason: a nice guy in trade helped me out

Deleted
    did they remove /target macros?

Quote Originally Posted by t0xaris View Post
    did they remove /target macros?
    No.
    Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Is it possible to write a macro that:
    1. saves the name of your headslot
    2. change the helmet to one in my bag
    3. change the helmet to the first one that was saved.
    (The changing between the helmets is easy.)

If you could explain me how to save a headslotname and how to use it afterwards to equip it, i would be grateful

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gendar, I'd honestly just make the two head-slot items into named Equipment Sets (that ignore all the other slots), and use /equipset <setname> to swap them.

I was afraid that it would be a bit complex.
    A short macro like:
    /equip name1
    /equip name2
    could be the easiest way to go.
    The saving of the name from the first helmet would just make it better for lazy use (e.g. questing and the helmet changes every 2 levels).
    Nonetheless, thanks for your answer!
    I would be happy if someone has an idea, but if it doesn't work, i take the easy way.

Just curious what kind of helmet you have that you need to swap it so often?

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I have one macro for cooking (toggle show/hide from the hat; swap to cooking hat; open the cooking..umm..page? [english is not my first language]).
    Another macro is pretty much the same, but for fishing.
    Now i have farmed the Circle of Flame (wowhead.com/item=11808) for a transmogset for 4.3, but the effect when you use it is matching my set. So i can swap to it now and then and click it for fun. Just a little idea i came up with (not THAT important..).
    Last edited by Merador; 2011-11-07 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendar View Post
    I have one macro for cooking (toggle show/hide from the hat; swap to cooking hat; open the cooking..umm..page? [english is not my first language]).
    Another macro is pretty much the same, but for fishing.
    Now i have farmed the Circle of Flame (wowhead.com/item=11808) for a transmogset for 4.3, but the effect when you use it is matching my set. So i can swap to it now and then and click it for fun. Just a little idea i came up with (not THAT important..).
    Care to share those macros? just for convenience

Deleted
    Use Power Auras to track it then click the button, don;t think you can auto do it any more.

Ok so im trying out Heal-bot for the first time (long time grid user) and as of right now i have a 3 button mouse (2 normal buttons and the mouse wheel click) and as a holy paladin i really have 4 main spells i go to, Holy light, divine light, holy shock, and word of glory.
    My request is a Word of glory macro.
    I would love that it casts WoG ONLY if i have 3 holy power, if i dont then it only casts holy shock. I dont know if that could work and i have no idea how to make a macro that could do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

It's not possible for macros to make a decision for you based on things like holy power, buffs, target health percentage etc...

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Care to share those macros? just for convenience
    #showtooltip cooking
    /cast cooking
    /equip chef's hat
    /equip Name-of-your-helmet-here
    /run ShowHelm(not ShowingHelm())

It will open the cookingbook (or whatever it is called), show your helmet, equip your chef's hat.
    On the second click it will close the book, hide your helmet and equip your helmet.

Deleted
    is there a macro I can use as a dk that lets me right click on a player if they are dead to cast raise ally (in combat only) otherwise open the regular player menu? I would like to do so without a mod key if possible:

something along the lines of
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] (exists, dead) Raise Ally; (exists, nodead) Menu

Anyone can give me a needed hand

Deleted
    Would have to use Clique or similar to do that. I think you can set out-of-combat settings there.

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot View Post
    Really? That's odd, I always just assumed they were. Thanks for the heads up.
    The difference I would say is that stances change your action bars whereas Presences do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    The difference I would say is that stances change your action bars whereas Presences do not.
    As far as I know, Metamorphosis is a stance and doesn't change your bars.

I'm looking for a macro that lets me cast Hellfire if I left click, and does a /stopcasting if I right click. I know I have to use [button:1] and such, but not sure how to do a casting and a non-cast command with them. Is it possible?

Deleted
    Are you able to bind Lightning ball and Lava burst on 1 button without having to use shift/ctrl/other buttons
    just press 1 and when lb is rdy you cast that if it isnt you cast lightning bolt?

Deleted
    Hey folks.
    I am looking for a macro for an Arms PvP Charge/Intercept.
    I am not the best at macros, and this is what I have come up with so far

/cast [@mouseover, harm, stance:1][harm, stance:1][] Charge;
    [@mouseover, harm, stance:2/3][harm, stance:2/3] Battle Stance;
    [@mouseover, help, stance:2][help, stance:2] Intervene;
    [@mouseover, help, stance:1/3][help, stance:1/3] Defensive Stance;
    /cancelaura Bladestorm

Basically I want to be able to switch to Defensive Stance (first button press) and Intervene (second button press) if I have a friendly target either selected or mouseovered.
    I also want to cast Battle Stance and Charge if I have an enemy selected.

Would it be possible to get some help with this please?