Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    ''Location: In the state of Denial.''

hihi
    Ah yes, taking potshots at me based on my joke location. How original of you, nobody's ever done that before.

EDIT: Thanks to you, I finally uploaded an avatar. I hope you're happy.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2011-11-09 at 07:08 PM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Ah yes, taking potshots at me based on my joke location. How original of you, nobody's ever done that before.
    Really? I'd imagine more people would see that. Glad you like the joke though!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's..a mesmer. Not sure why everyone else is so sure it won't be.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Questions whether it will be =/= sure it wont be

It will be a non-healing monk!!

... or just a mesmer.

I'm very thrilled about the mesmer profession, dont get me wrong. But it seems to take them ages to announce this thing. It would almost be a let down if it was "just a mesmer" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    It's..a mesmer. Not sure why everyone else is so sure it won't be.
    I'm not saying it won't be. I'm just saying that it MIGHT not be. Given how GW2's playstyle will differ from GW1, even if it IS the Mesmer, it will have significant changes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I'm not saying it won't be. I'm just saying that it MIGHT not be. Given how GW2's playstyle will differ from GW1, even if it IS the Mesmer, it will have significant changes.
    It's a given that it will change a lot simply due to the focus of the game and the fact that certain mechanics are gone in GW2 that were in the first game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's a given that it will change a lot simply due to the focus of the game and the fact that certain mechanics are gone in GW2 that were in the first game.
    Which is why I'd rather not see people get all hyped up about it being the Mesmer, because if it's significantly different, people might be more pissed than happy.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PivotDream View Post
    Has to be some sort of Druid character. Or perhaps something totally different. My money is on Shapeshifter though.
    Druids aren't in this game... rangers are the nature lovers, it refers to them constantly as the children of melandru (goddess of earth/life). If you want a shape shifting nature person be a norn ranger

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Returning Profession. (Possiblity of 10, subtract Ele, Necro, Warrior, Ranger and Thief (assassin), leaves us with with 5 possibilities, Monk, Ritualist, Paragon, Dervish and Mesmer)

Scholar Class. (Leaves us with Monk, Ritualist and Mesmer)

Feels like a Mesmer. (Mesmer.)

Mesmer fans will not be (completely) disappointed. (Mesmer again.)
    They also said that Monk will NOT be returning, and earlier (before thief was released) said that assassin would not be one of the profs because it's native to cantha, so if it's native to cantha, which the rit is as well, that leaves only 1 more returning scholar prof.. it HAS to be mesmer that or they lied to us and are making a new prof..
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    They also said that Monk will NOT be returning, and earlier (before thief was released) said that assassin would not be one of the profs because it's native to cantha, so if it's native to cantha, which the rit is as well, that leaves only 1 more returning scholar prof.. it HAS to be mesmer that or they lied to us and are making a new prof..
    My entire post was directed at mesmers. Also, the Assassin does not have to return because the thief covers every major aspect of it and even has the same skill names.

Also @Smrund.

I'm just stating the facts. I'm not debating whether or not it will be the same as the GW1 Mesmer, I'm just reiterating what Guild Wars 2 developers have said. If you've got a problem with that, take it up with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just stating the facts. I'm not debating whether or not it will be the same as the GW1 Mesmer, I'm just reiterating what Guild Wars 2 developers have said. If you've got a problem with that, take it up with them.
    I'm a political scientist.

When someone starts a sentence with:
    "I'm just stating the facts..." or
    "I'm not debating..." or
    "I'm just reiterating...."

Then they're doing exactly none of those things, and saying "take it up with the Devs" is an argument to authority and a logical fallacy.

I don't really mind that you think it's going to be the Mesmer. I don't really care that you're pretty damn sure it's gonna be the Mesmer. What bothers me is the smug self-righteous attitude you take to everyone who even hints at disagreeing.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    What if it's a Ritme? A ritual Mesmer! Which, in my opion, wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Oh well, but we won't know until they are ready to reveal it....but it really is taking them a loooooooooong time. God I'm so curios!

Heh, I'd actually prefer a Ritualist over a Mesmer. Or better yet, a Dervish over any of them but that's not to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Heh, I'd actually prefer a Ritualist over a Mesmer. Or better yet, a Dervish over any of them but that's not to be.
    I wish we get a dervish at some point though, they're so awesome in Gw1. But they'll need a major overhaul for Gw2.

Mesmermesmermesmer/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    My entire post was directed at mesmers. Also, the Assassin does not have to return because the thief covers every major aspect of it and even has the same skill names.

Also @Smrund.

Lol I know I was just stating more facts that helps support why it'd be Mesmer

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 08:53 AM ----------

"I'm not debating..." or

Then they're doing exactly none of those things, and saying "take it up with the Devs" is an argument to authority and a logical fallacy.

I don't really mind that you think it's going to be the Mesmer. I don't really care that you're pretty damn sure it's gonna be the Mesmer. What bothers me is the smug self-righteous attitude you take to everyone who even hints at disagreeing.
    Wow, someone thinks that people lie a lot...

But either way, the devs have pretty much told us "it's going to be Mesmer" if it's not I'm pretty sure there will be a huge uproar.
    However, I doubt it'll be the same mes as it was in GW1 I have a feeling they'll mix some rit elements into it and make their whole summoning spirits into a more conjuring illusion sort of thing..
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    What I do know is it's gonna be a spellcaster class most likely. I don't want mesmer. Sure, take some inspiration from it, but I want something new. A mix of shapeshifting/mesmer? Sounds cool to me. Some kind of jester magician who can shapeshift into large demonic puppets or something
    Though I don't think this is likely, but one can wish. Mesmer with another name (Illusionist?) and some differences seems likely (Like assassin > thief). A nature type class should be added too. Maybe in an exp, I dunno
    Last edited by mmocf128060ac7; 2011-11-10 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

"I'm not debating..." or

That may be how it works with political statements, but I'm not a politician. What I said stands and has been argued ad nauseum. When people say that they "think its going to be a druid/ rit/ derv, etc.," I point out why it wont based on what the developers have said.

You're not the only one that gets bothered by other people.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-11-10 at 03:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I hit 12 points in the Hall of Monuments last night, unlocking:

"Baroque Mask - an elegant harlequin mask."

Pretty cool if I ever decide to roll a *REDACTED!!!*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shriekbat View Post
    What I do know is it's gonna be a spellcaster class most likely. I don't want mesmer. Sure, take some inspiration from it, but I want something new. A mix of shapeshifting/mesmer? Sounds cool to me. Some kind of jester magician who can shapeshift into large demonic puppets or something
    Though I don't think this is likely, but one can wish. Mesmer with another name (Illusionist?) and some differences seems likely (Like assassin > thief). A nature type class should be added too. Maybe in an exp, I dunno
    Lol man the nature class is ranger, trust me, I came to gw1 from wow ad was bummed by the lack of Druids, but ranger fits pretty snugly in that void, and the norn as a race are shapeshifters, so if you want shapeshifter look at them, they'll get 4 facials that'll let then take on the form of a bear, raven, snow leapard, or wolf