/10letters
    Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    I feel obligated to post here, HI HOTTIES
    now uhhhh....bye /wave
    Pinkie!

Damn, she's already gone.

Why do people get so excited for single player games?

Yes, a new game with thousands of hours of playtime in it is coming out! Now I can be foreveralone and no one can stop me! Makes no sense.

you mean the Skyrim thing Lysah?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Why do people get so excited for single player games?

Yes, a new game with thousands of hours of playtime in it is coming out! Now I can be foreveralone and no one can stop me! Makes no sense.
    I like playing games alone, no annoying people to tell me what to do and how to play, and asking me to do them things, it's on my own time.

But, if you're talking about Skyrim, yes, the hype is tiring.

....how did you know O_O

You guys must have ESPN or something.

By all means, I have enjoyed a lot of RPGs in my time, but I would never skip work and stay up from midnight release day to play Final Fantasy Tactics for 38 hours straight by myself.

Skelington just can't wait to see the aftermath. It will be about 10 times as intense.

I'll probably get Skyrim for Christmas, but the hype makes me not want to get it at all.

When you build your hopes up to extreme levels all you can be is disappointed.

People idealize the game, now more than ever, since they haven't played it yet (or are just starting), just as nostalgia works.

I expect Diablo III to be horribly disappointing. All I can really be is pleasantly surprised!

I expect Diablo III to be horribly disappointing. All I can really be is pleasantly surprised!
    Except if it meets your expectations?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the same. I tend to go in with low expectations, only to enjoy myself. I think that's why I liked Green Lantern so much, the reviews were atrocious. But in the case of Diablo 3, I really expect it to bomb.

One of the reasons Skelington doesnt follow upcoming games and reviews so very much. He likes to be pleasantly surprised.

So you are not really expecting it!

No I am, they've removed like 80% of the content they had originally planned and EXTREMELY simplified the game, and have still pushed it back a year and a half from the original planned release date...makes me feel like they've just had one massive ass screwup after another and have basically only actually started working on the game like six months ago. Also, considering they're hiding 98% of the game from us before release, it kind of screams to me like they expect their D2 fans to be disappointed, so they're going to get us to waste our 60 USD first, what do they care, it doesn't have a monthly sub anyway, they just need to ride the hype and get their millions of copies sold to cover production cost.

Of course, it's also Blizzard, so I really doubt they're actually going to do THIS bad, but I'm still expecting it.

Blizzard just seems to get progressively worse each year. I can't speak much about Diablo. WoW, well we all know from numerous threads. But Starcraft... honestly RTS, the genre that was Blizzard's figurehead. I don't know why they keep fucking it up with stupid shit like "super units" and redundant units and ofc Terran always having a significant advantage over the other 2 races.

Maybe they still can raise the price?

Anyways, going to sleep. Night.