Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuervos View Post
    That's not true at all... those who follow the code are slaves to the greater good.
    Hmmm..... Not sure what you are talking about and how its relevant to this conversation. The question was whether or not there are "badass" Jedi, as in ones that are, for lack of a better name, blacksheep Jedi.

Deleted
    Joleen Bindo. From Knights of the Old Republic, also from Bioware, and he also exists in the ToR continuity (in the distant past though).

If you want to know how far you can go as a Jedi without falling to the Dark Side, I guess you can start with that character, and from there use your imagination and come up with an own character who similarly doesnt follow the Jedi code. Not sure if you will accept him as "badass", but he sure demonstrates that disobedience and maybe even a "renegade" path might be possible.

I'm not allowed to post links yet, please look him up on youtube. He's like, the cynical humorous Morgan Freeman-Jedi with some nice stories (and probably dirty jokes).

He's not officially "employed" by anyone (he lives an exiles life), but he has fully developed Jedi-Powers, and decides to join the protagonist to safe the Galaxy from the Sith. He can give the impression that he's "neutral", but it gets obvious that he belongs to the light side really.
    Last edited by mmoce4a9f54a9f; 2011-11-11 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked Jolee Bindo up, and he's pretty awesome. That's what I was looking for, a jedi who isn't afraid to be silly and show his true emotions, rather than being a "turn the other cheek hear no evil speak no evil" type.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Reading through the jedi lore and whatnot, it wouldn't seem fun to be a jedi, what with celibacy and containing your emotions etc. Were there ever any unorthodox, badass jedi that spat at the jedi code, yet still served the republic and never went to the dark side?
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ganner_Rhysode

Closest example of your criteria I could think of. His last stand was fucking epic, and certainly qualifies as badass.

Plo Koon freakin badass

Deleted
    Myself I find Kyle Katarn pretty badass. Probably my favourite jedi.

Edit: link for those who are interested:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyle_Katarn
    Last edited by mmoc53afbdba40; 2011-11-11 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    This guy didn't exactly turn to the darkside or anything, but he is pretty badass.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kit_Fisto

Is this restricted to characters in the old republic era? I feel like it must be, given all the comments about "herp derp jedi cant have relationships" when the new order after the fall of the empire had a....somewhat different approach.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ganner_Rhysode

Closest example of your criteria I could think of. His last stand was fucking epic, and certainly qualifies as badass.
    GAH you posted Ganner before i could, dude was a true badass, and lets not forget, Anakin Solo, 16 year old jedi who could hold his own against multiple Yuuzhan Vong warriors who could defeat some full fledged jedi knights in one on one combat.
    people can trash talk the EU as much as they want, i love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Depends on what you mean by badass I suppose...not all Jedi are necessarily celibate either, it's only the more "recent" (ie, movie) timeline (and maybe a few hundred years prior, I'm suspecting myself it's only after they thought they wiped out the Sith they instituted the whole celibacy thing) that the Jedis are really strict on that; going to TOR and older, you can find several examples of Jedi couples and some children out there, and obviously the EU stuff after the movies support this as well.

That being said, to me badass means kicking ass, which almost all Jedi are capable of. Examples, look at Obi Wan, Yoda, Revan, etc. The dude Malgus killed in the Deceived trailer was apparently a top flight master as well.

General Hoth from the first Darth Bane book was a B.A.M.F IMO.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/General_Hoth

That is why evil is always awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mace

Freakin

WINDU

he looked at the Lightsaber forms other people used, though yeah, they're pretty cool... but I want one that's like... 100x more badass... hmm.. that doesn't exist.. guess I'll just have to dig up some ancient form that's been disallowed by the Jedi for being too close to the Dark Side, and fix it, making it my own style.

Vapaad FTW my Sentinal is going Watchman, just so he can use Juyo
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Mace Windu was probably one of the most boring and static characters in Star Wars' history. On the other hand, George was never an actor director, and he had no idea how to properly write characters.
    So, basically... I guess Luke Skywalker matches that description pretty nicely?

Other than that, pfft. Nothing about the prequel jedis was awesome or "badass".
    The basic idea, sure, it could've worked out in a proper character-driven plotline. But the execution was all wrong and sterile and cynical. Argh.
    It boggles the mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I guess Luke Skywalker matches that description pretty nicely?
    Luke had a short love affair with the darkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    GAH you posted Ganner before i could, dude was a true badass, and lets not forget, Anakin Solo, 16 year old jedi who could hold his own against multiple Yuuzhan Vong warriors who could defeat some full fledged jedi knights in one on one combat.
    people can trash talk the EU as much as they want, i love it
    Yeah I don't know why people trash the EU so much.... some of the best stories are there, imo.

Yeah I don't know why people trash the EU so much.... some of the best stories are there, imo.
    The stories told without Lucas' self obsession you mean. But my favorite Jedi of all time was A'Sharad Hett. The fact that they forced him darkside after Order 66 I discount as hyberbole and complete slander. Specially since he figured out what Anakin did to the Sand People before he became a Knight and chose to make Anakin fess up to it.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

All I know is I hope Ganner isn't a restricted name in SWTOR, because that is totally what I want to name my jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is I hope Ganner isn't a restricted name in SWTOR, because that is totally what I want to name my jedi.
    if its taken just go with The'Ganner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Mace. Windu.

Like what type of badass has a purple lightsaber? Seriously. Mace Windu.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog