Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ive already seen this video

and after years of lineage 2 im pretty sure that this game wont be playable because of the attitude to players.
    Koreans dont know what means balance. also they wont bother with optimisation so it will never run on my system
    also there will be tones of donators

yes. its another fail clone of diablo.

If it's Korean and has "mmo" in the title, don't expect too much in the way of balance. I've had enough of that in Lineage 2, RO, Granado Espada, and Aion.

This is in no way like the Lineage I remember.. this is more like a throwback to Lineage one, which was built to be more or less like Ultima
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    looks really really nice I must say, but I will be getting Diablo 3... becuase its Diablo 3 :P

I really liked the preview, but i'm tired of this "we must do everything online" trend. If it was an offline game like diablo 2 i would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince View Post
    I really liked the preview, but i'm tired of this "we must do everything online" trend. If it was an offline game like diablo 2 i would buy it.
    It's an MMO.

I don't think you're getting the point.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand why people seem to think that games with no monthly fee kill other games. MMO's are one thing, they require a larger amount of time invested to be successful and often come with a monthly fee, meaning for most people you have to choose which game to play. Games with no monthly fee are something completely different, I mean you're essentially limiting the amount of great content you can experience by refusing to appreciate both games and rather hate on one and only play the other. Great example of this would be the GW2 VS WoW debate or this VS D3.

GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee and so far isn't aimed at a competitive market in terms of progression mainly because they are trying to make a great accessible game for everyone. The biggest bosses are world bosses and the largest groups are 5 mans, meaning some competition may develop but not on the scale of sponsored teams ala Paragon, For the Horde, Ensidia etc. They are trying to attract a different audience, and comparing the two would be like comparing a 5 star Vegas hotel to McDonald's, both being very successful because they have different target markets.

This is a bit similar but so far both games look great, and considering this game hasn't been announced all that long ago it will come out at least 6 months after D3. This gives dungeon crawler lovers enough time with D3 and the opportunity to save up funds for the next game. Killer? I don't think so. Possibly great addition to the genre? Yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulli85 View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

lol not a Diablo killer im a huge Diablo fan but I got into the MMO scene back in 2003 because of Lineage 2 so I was really looking for Lineage 3, to my surprise they went back to the Lineage 1 formula (it was a Diablo 1 competitor) instead of staying with the Lineage 2 formula.

Anywayz, since you guys like games like Diablo I was thinking you would like to see and maybe follow this game.. it just got shown so it probably wont be out for at least 2 years, but it looks promising.
    Amazing!!! It seems very fun and innovative!
    Thank you a lot!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brince View Post
    Well considering D3 is Also Online only, Makes sense for games of the same genre to do that aswell.

Game looks good, and by the time it is released I will be done and bored of D3. so it is something to look forward to.

"so far both games look great" - Kildragon said the truth. I don't know whats all the hype about D3 and whats the hating on other games.
    For me:
    D3 looks really good and have a nice story but it doesn't bring anything new.
    LE also looks great and to me it looks like Vindictus where you create a party and do missions(or go solo and do the same missions) which i didn't like. BUT the drag thing is just sooooo nice. I wish more games to have cool new features.

It has good, simple mechanics to be implemented and playable on tablets (iPad), which is a smart move imo. The innovation I see is that people will be able to play an MMO on their tablet without having to carry a keyboard and a mouse. Tablet computers are the rising platform for a lot of people in the future; it's a good idea to ride that trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things. First of all, these developers are taking a global market into consideration and in case you haven't noticed, the US is lacking severely in terms of accessible internet. Most developed countries that are being targeted by these games such as Germany, England, France, the eastern European countries, the Asian countries and even some areas of Russia have a much more developed and efficient internet system than the US. For these targeted regions the connection requirement is rarely ever an issue.

Secondly, the online requirement provides a lot of benefits that were unavailable without. Simply look at Steam if you want a current example. By being online, you get to store all of your information in a cloud, meaning a hardware failure or change of hardware won't cause you to lose all your progress. On top of that, it provides security bonuses, due to requiring a constant connection Blizz can monitor account activity far better. This comes into play big time while managing micro transactions where third parties were often involved in the previous games. It also provides better customer service, stable servers, quicker bug fixes and the opportunity to reverse unwanted changes, because changes are stored for a certain amount of time similar to WoW. Your little brother got on and sold all your gear or you had a bug that caused an irreversible decision to be made? It can now be fixed far easier due to all of this info being stored.

Quote Originally Posted by v2nkata View Post
    D3 looks really good and have a nice story but it doesn't bring anything new
    Wait, really? I mean, at a basic level it has classic Diablo gameplay, but it has a ton of new features, you know. Certainly more than any of the Diablo clones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Wait, really? I mean, at a basic level it has classic Diablo gameplay, but it has a ton of new features, you know. Certainly more than any of the Diablo clones out there.
    I missed something then. Could you message me the new features to fill my missing info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by v2nkata View Post
    I missed something then. Could you message me the new features to fill my missing info.
    If you've followed Blizz at all over the past 10 years you should probably have realized a trend in their game development. They tend to refine the concepts that work previously, make them better, polish everything up more and add some neat new features. These include the new spell system, the auction house, a new class, a new event system, a new PvP system and a much bigger focus on online co-op play and interactions with other players.

Here's the link http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/faq/

So they are certainly adding new features, but I definitely like that they are staying true to what D2 was. This will mix the feelings of nostalgia with the excitement of a great new game and storyline, without feeling stale or too much like D2. They did the same thing with SC2, have had this design policy with WoW for a long long time and will most likely continue it. IMO, it's a smart thing to do because if you change things too much people become hostile and angry that you're messing with their beloved classic games. This is how Blizz has kept such a large following of gamers over more than a decade without creating a new game every year. If you've noticed, most other franchises come out with a new game every 1-2 years to stay relevant whereas Blizz has decade long gaps between their games, which do nothing to diminish excitement for the new games.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played lineage yeaaarss before wow .. very good seige and hero memorys

Looks very good, i love korean styled games (wich ncsofts always makes) ..

Gief beta nao!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

it could be nice on kinect\wii

blizz should deal with it too

Quote Originally Posted by ssambakd View Post
    It has good, simple mechanics to be implemented and playable on tablets (iPad), which is a smart move imo. The innovation I see is that people will be able to play an MMO on their tablet without having to carry a keyboard and a mouse. Tablet computers are the rising platform for a lot of people in the future; it's a good idea to ride that trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by swdan View Post
    it could be nice on kinect\wii
    Those two are both really interesting perspectives: From what others have said however, we should understand that these games require serious hardware. I wonder if there would be either a trimmed version in terms of visuals possible for said tablets etc.

Deleted
    The part where they showed me the "MMO" part of the game just confirmed my suspicion that this game isn't even remotely intended to reach the western market. It falls in line with a multitude of korean games with exactly the same interaction and game progression.

That said, this game seems to be doing all it sets out to do very well and brings the combat to a whole new level, which is great for the intended audience.

The comparison with Diablo III is a bit ridiculous though, not even the same genre of a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    The part where they showed me the "MMO" part of the game just confirmed my suspicion that this game isn't even remotely intended to reach the western market. It falls in line with a multitude of korean games with exactly the same interaction and game progression.

That said, this game seems to be doing all it sets out to do very well and brings the combat to a whole new level, which is great for the intended audience.

The comparison with Diablo III is a bit ridiculous though, not even the same genre of a game.
    So many words but you basically said nothing.

NCSoft is a global player ever since they've released Lineage. What "multitude of korean games with exactly the same interaction and game progression." do you mean?