Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I think that, though it'll be a good (if not excellent) game, there's still going to be a lot of disappointment, crying, and ragequitting for sure. If the ebb and flow of playerbase is strong enough, the devs might have no choice but to knee-jerk nerf/buff/change the game's dynamics to suit them.
    Yeah. Just like WOW fanbase (and the amount of switchers is not the only one thing at fault for that).

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem for me is that the player base will have a large amount of Star Wars freaks who arent necessarily good gamers, and they will want things changed to be more accurate to the movies than perhaps will be logical game-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    ^clearly hasn't played the beta

Videos don't do the game (or any game) justice.
    Yes, videos overhype the games to insane amounts. They look so much cooler than the game itself that the game becomes a disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never thought rift looked good, never tried it and never will but Swotr is definitley a game I want to try and think might do well, the first month, like any first month of an MMO, will be a bit shaky but eventually you'll be left with a community of people plying a (hopefully) good game.

Not as into it as other people are though, not in beta or havn't even looked at a way to get into beta I'll probobly just buy it shortly after its launch and try it out.

Well Bioware has a reputation for making good games, and I bet that the witnessing to the massive casual playerbase that wow generates will allow them to ignore most whiners. I was interested in this game for a bit, but when wow effectivly ignored anything non raid in their patches, and made anything not new patch obsolete, I decided to jump ship as the game really took most of the fun out of MMOing. Heck even my great guild could help me get through most of the WOTLK pains. Funny thing is, that Cata started pretty fun for a while, until the accelerator on the upgrading of gear was set in overdrive. Ynow though its pretty bad when you cant even farm anything that is worth it, becuase bots n such have already killed that part of the game. Sad thing is that raiding isnt even the fun it was now that firelands got a 3month nerf befor e patch sigh. They even nerfed herioc Firelands which was plain stupid, it takes a acheivement point in the game away cause it makes it less challengeing to even blink at....... it will be painful for wow for quite a while until Blizz actually puts some real effort back into their game instead of pushing out several rehashed titles that just didnt hold water to their previous products.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    We're at rave reviews right now, and launch will go through saturation point and overhyped until people realize this game won't "kill WoW" and then we'll see the backlash.
    I'm getting so sick of that term..when will people realise killing a game is nearly impossible without a process of people slowly leaving the game, the game ain't dead till Blizz pulls the plug, therefor stop refering to it as ''killing'' and call it competition thank you very much and people better hope that this game leads to solid competition otherwise we'll keep having WoW on the top and Blizzard will remain lazy because they won't have to compete with anyone.

Remember WoW fanboys and WoW haters: Competition between the two companies leads to better games for both. (unless one of them decides to drop one of their target demographic and goes for another one which has potential to become more profitable)
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-11-14 at 04:08 PM.

It will be so much fun! I can't wait!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    What DOES concern me is the community. There's people already crying about PvP, gear, Operations, Flashpoints, companions, clothing, pets, mounts, space combat etc etc.. and they HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME!! Not even Beta!!!!
    I'd be careful about putting too much insight onto a forum that's open to anyone (not just current customers) that's not really well moderated atm.

Wait until it's closed off to non-subscribed people before judging the community.

For all we know (I am really reluctant to say this, but it's not outside the realm of possibility) it could be people from a rival MMO (not any specific one, mind you) deliberately posting this stuff to throw people off the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    my point exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Yes, videos overhype the games to insane amounts. They look so much cooler than the game itself that the game becomes a disappointment.
    I'm sorry you guys feel that way, but it is quite clear you are basing your opinions on pure speculation because you haven't played beta yet. Those of us with real experience will be right here waiting for the nay-sayers to come back begging for forgiveness

I'll admit, the original WoW trailer was cool, but was absolutely misleading regarding the game.

Only thing im concered about is the first month of the flood of wow players that are gonna converge on the game,bash it and ruin the community for a month or 2.Till they get bored and return to the game that is the death of the MMO genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    I'm getting so sick of that term..when will people realise killing a game is nearly impossible without a process of people slowly leaving the game, the game ain't dead till Blizz pulls the plug, therefor stop refering to it as ''killing'' and call it competition thank you very much and people better hope that this game leads to solid competition otherwise we'll keep having WoW on the top and Blizzard will remain lazy because they won't have to compete with anyone.

Remember WoW fanboys and WoW haters: Competition between the two companies leads to better games for both. (unless one of them decides to drop one of their target demographic and goes for another one which has potential to become more profitable)
    Honestly, even if I never got back to WoW this is what I am hoping for. I am hoping ToR and GW2 and whatever else hits the market really shakes them up, and makes them get their act together. So far though, I am not seeing that in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    alot of trollers and alot if ppl asking where crap is and why they can't do XY or Z. general bitching about any given thing because ppl as a whole are cry babies. its the nature of the beast now-a-days. i think the most common spam/bithing will be "WUY DANT I HAZ LITSABR??????" on Tython or Korriban...

Deleted
    I am so curious to see what people think of the game after a month. After spending 3 weeks in the beta, I cancelled my pre-order, so obviously the game is not for me, although since this was beta, it is quite possible that they are making the needed changes.

If after a month we still see these glowing reviews/previews, I may just be baited to try it out again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    alot of trollers and alot if ppl asking where crap is and why they can't do XY or Z. general bitching about any given thing because ppl as a whole are cry babies. its the nature of the beast now-a-days. i think the most common spam/bithing will be "WUY DANT I HAZ LITSABR??????" on Tython or Korriban...
    Or even worse, "How does I cover?" "What class are you?" "Bounty hunter" /facepalm

#reallifeexperiencesftl

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I am so curious to see what people think of the game after a month. After spending 3 weeks in the beta, I cancelled my pre-order, so obviously the game is not for me, although since this was beta, it is quite possible that they are making the needed changes.

If after a month we still see these glowing reviews/previews, I may just be baited to try it out again
    Just the 5 days I had a month ago have convinced me that swtor is my personal WoW-killer (and I loved WoW since launch).

But I don't begrudge you that you've come to the conclusion that swtor isn't for you, because it certainly will not be for everyone. It's a very different step for an MMORPG to take (making story the central part of the game).

The first month I expect to be irritated with the people that don't like the game ranting in general chat channels. The 2nd month however, I expect some to go back to WoW and more new players to come in and a generally better community to take shape.

What always gets a chuckle out of me though are the people that seem to have a vested interest or love affair with Blizzard that say, "You'll be back in 3-6 months". I invested for more time, blood, sweat and tears into 5 years of EQ than I did in 7 years of WoW, but I didn't go back to it and I won't return to WoW either.

All things being equal, I just hope for stable servers and no login queues. With the largest launch in MMO history, those two are going to be hard targets to hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Or even worse, "How does I cover?" "What class are you?" "Bounty hunter" /facepalm

#reallifeexperiencesftl
    wow...just wow. thanks, other games, for homogenizing every class to the point where when a new game comes out, they expect every class to have all skills 24/7...

Hello.

All I wanted to say is those guys who left wow for swtor(and they are plenty), they were really bad players in wow.
    They will be bad in swtor so they will just do same as in wow, cry until game devs submit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I have no concerns about game balance, class balance, polish, etc etc.

What DOES concern me is the community. There's people already crying about PvP, gear, Operations, Flashpoints, companions, clothing, pets, mounts, space combat etc etc.. and they HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME!! Not even Beta!!!!

That just shows an absurd amount of stupidity imho, judging something without experiencing it first, in any way, shape or form.
    To be honest, anything is going to be a step up from the WoW community. So many unpleasant people playing this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuboid View Post
    To be honest, anything is going to be a step up from the WoW community. So many unpleasant people playing this game.
    the worst part is, WoW's community is its own fault. the game teaches u to do NOTHING except when u start and have to do ur new shiny spell on a training dummy. im not saying ToR teaches u to tank or heal or even dps, but they do have each class being able to dual-role during a fight (like a IA healer dps'ing all the while without taking dramatic hits in either dps or healing) which could add more complexity, or could be truly awesome. im leaning towards awesome though.