74. This poll is closed
  • Light side of the force

22 29.73%
  • Dark side of the force

40 54.05%
  • Don`t care -> Chosing the contrary to what census will reveal

12 16.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    When i made my guild last month, PVP, East coast, there was about 7200 empire guilds VS 4400 alliance guilds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    I on occasion take a dump in the shower so I don't have to wipe but never pee in there. That is just gross!

I'm guessing Empire will outnumber Republic by as much as 2:1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather play an Empire character who does good deeds instead of a Republic character who does bad deeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=124706

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=266481

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294680

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwuman View Post
    When i made my guild last month, PVP, East coast, there was about 7200 empire guilds VS 4400 alliance guilds...
    It's not going to be that fair of an assessment working on those numbers. A great many people are waiting for guilds, and a HUGE number of guilds on the site will not be guilds because they only have 1 or 2 people in them, and they don't meet the 4 preorder criteria.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I play alliance in wow... time to go to the dark side and play Sith in SWOTR :P Of course... im not actually gonna buy the game lol. Waiting for a trial. This weekend's massive stress test beta Ill be out of town for
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    So, there will technically be four different affiliations?
    You won't be able to switch sides, but there are multiple possible endings to your class questline.

The devs mentioned stuff like a Sith Warrior can try and redeem himself, or a Jedi can become a ruthless "do what needs to be done" type of guy.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Honestly the fact that you can't use force lightning on the light side is the only reason I'll play empire but still choose the "light side path". When it comes down to the choice of shooting lightning bolts or throwing rocks the choice is clear.

Also if you ever watch videos of the Beta you almost always see people picking the dark side choices in conversations. I honestly expect a huge population of empire over republic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I play alliance in wow... time to go to the dark side and play Sith in SWOTR :P Of course... im not actually gonna buy the game lol. Waiting for a trial. This weekend's massive stress test beta Ill be out of town for
    It was quite a while iirc until WoW got a trial (a year or so seems to me). Rift still doesn't have one (I think?) or didn't have one for a long while too.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Making a Shadow anyway, might make an imperial of some sort if enough of my friends want our playgroup to be empire.

In these kinds of games, I pretty much design the character with a personality in mind and just choose the story based on that. My Inquisitor is a complete snarky dickhead. Not just an asshole, a super condescending, callous, sarcastic SOB, so I can assume he'll be racking up dark side points like crazy. As for my other characters, we'll have to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW didn't vote in the poll as it's confusing (and probably already has skewed results due to people not understanding the options).

Just look at the signatures in this poll. How many people have Empire signatures compared to Republic? That should give you an idea of the balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    Just look at the signatures in this poll. How many people have Empire signatures compared to Republic? That should give you an idea of the balance.
    False logic. That would be trying to construct an entire games worth of players from a very small percentage of players on a non-SWTOR focused webpage. Hell even based on the main SWTOR site it would be fairly impossible to gauge due to even those polls containing barely 10% of the population. I believe it'll balance out over the entire game. Some servers will probably have a slight advantage on one side or the other, but I think with Bioware's plans on assigning premade guilds to certain servers it should be decently balanced.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    False logic. That would be trying to construct an entire games worth of players from a very small percentage of players on a non-SWTOR focused webpage. Hell even based on the main SWTOR site it would be fairly impossible to gauge due to even those polls containing barely 10% of the population. I believe it'll balance out over the entire game. Some servers will probably have a slight advantage on one side or the other, but I think with Bioware's plans on assigning premade guilds to certain servers it should be decently balanced.
    Says the guy with an Empire signature. lol

I'm merely pointing out a trend. You don't have to try and turn it into a debate about 'faulty logic.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    Wow, you shouldn't be let anywhere near statistical data gathering.

The company/government that employs you would crash and burn.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Wow, you shouldn't be let anywhere near statistical data gathering.

The company/government that employs you would crash and burn.
    My opinion is too much for you to handle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off guys.

Also, there are polls about this already, both faction and alignment, so I'm closing this.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net