Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only thing i am curious about the legendaries at this juncture is this. Sinister strike/revealing strike. Did they forget mutilate seeing as assassin rogues don't use sinister or revealing at all. Is this an oversite or a shaft to assassin rogues?

Deleted
    Combat with a main hand dagger thats 1.8?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyaz View Post
    The only thing i am curious about the legendaries at this juncture is this. Sinister strike/revealing strike. Did they forget mutilate seeing as assassin rogues don't use sinister or revealing at all. Is this an oversite or a shaft to assassin rogues?
    Neither, the only reason for the buff for combat is to make them viable

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmaz View Post
    Thats why it has the 45% buff to sinister strike/revealing strike nab
    Last edited by mmocc0bb8a366b; 2011-11-15 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    ....I know. nvm, 10char

Deleted
    Join arena. rogue with legendary open on you /leave

ah nod nod i getcha now rofl Im running on fumes just got home from the stinky prison work. Thx for the quick reply

Deleted
    Overpowered is overpowered, gratz on the Gladiator ranks next season.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Yeah, beacuse every rogue pvping will have an easy road getting the legendaries. We bashed the argument a thousand times, among the few rogues who will get the legendaries, even fewer plan to do serious pvp, and only a part of them will be successful.

Sure, legendary team is unbalanced. But nothing has been done with shadowmourne and warglaives, so i don't think this time will be different.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

you do realize that due to the ramp up time on the proc that there will be very few actual rogues gaining the proc in pvp right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got one of the clusters in 10 man but it wouldnt allow me to open it to retrieve the shadowy gems
    "you cannot open this while collecting" or something along those lines
    the quest im on says I need 333 shadowy gems
    so im confused...if I cannot open the clusters how does this work?.
    Im not going to lay down and walk away, im going to turn my back and face the future!.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but i was wondering at this time when all we know are the PTR stats, what spec these are looking to be best itemized for?

I personally think it will depend on how long the buff stack lasts. If it was a 1min buff, then there is a good chance we could get a proc off. But we would have to set up a burn in that proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by snookiee View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but i was wondering at this time when all we know are the PTR stats, what spec these are looking to be best itemized for?
    From what we can tell they're tuning the stacking buff proc rate different for each spec, so hopefully it's equally useful to all three.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to PvP, I think that some people also seem to fail to notice that the graphic for our proc is VERY visual. Who would not CC a rogue when they see huge wings pop out fo his back? It's a 6 second duration and it's not that hard to control someone during that period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

that's what the 45% buff to revealing strike and sinister strike is for. To make up for the wrong speeds on the mh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please have this thread stickied or something, so the forum won't be in abundance of "LFR and the legendary" etc threads? Pretty please?

The Legendaries will have a greater impact on PvP than you realize.

I know a Rogue from this season who couldn't even make 1550 in 3's, but after he got Heroic Daggers from Firelands he swiftly made 2K rating.

I watch him beat other Rogues wielding 378 daggers with ease, and when they call him out on his daggers and he equips his Arena 378 daggers he in turn gets face rolled.

So yes, Legendaries will have an even great impact. Maybe not enough to turn a Casual player into a Gladiator over night, but enough to carry an average rogue to Tier 2 relatively easily.

There is a reason the 70s brackets Melees are constantly trying to get a hold of War Glaives, and Legendary bows.
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2011-11-17 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    There is a reason the 70s brackets Melees are constantly trying to get a hold of War Glaives, and Legendary bows.
    I've done arena at level 70, 80 and 85. The reason level 70 and 80 players want such weapons is because at those brackets it's all about who can do the biggest burst the quickest, while at 85 you actually need to CC and such. At 85 you can survive those big bursts, at 70 and 80 you just drop if someone opens up on you.

I think your friend just got better. Sure his damage went up as well with those daggers, but the difference isn't that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I've done arena at level 70, 80 and 85. The reason level 70 and 80 players want such weapons is because at those brackets it's all about who can do the biggest burst the quickest, while at 85 you actually need to CC and such. At 85 you can survive those big bursts, at 70 and 80 you just drop if someone opens up on you.

I think your friend just got better. Sure his damage went up as well with those daggers, but the difference isn't that big.
    I don't think he got better so much as a Rogue using 378 daggers is never going to come close to a Rogue dual wielding 391 daggers (even with the -180 resilience loss). I think this may be magnified in 4.3 with arena weapons only being item level 397, and Legendaries likely being closer to item level 420+.

The lack of raiders in the upper brackets will probably make this a complete non-issue at the end game of PVP, but I imagine that the lower ratings will be terrorized by these Legendary daggers with players eager to try them out in the Arenas. After all almost any comp can tunnel their way to 2200 while utilizing very little CC and relying solely on BURST DPS and a Smoke Bomb.

Either way I'm not concerned about it at all as long as the Rogue class isn't nerfed to compensate for this.