Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    The problem is the movie industry takes really great movies and remakes them into shitty ones just to make a quick buck.

It would be nice if they would reverse the idea and turn cruddy movies into really good ones. The hobbit was mentioned earlier - the cartoon was a childhood favorite but by no means a great movie (or magical like the novel) - but the movie industry will convert it into another (hopefully) great film like the LotR series. ... it seems to be the rare case. More of these needed.
    I agree with this post 100%, I mean Voldemort hugging Drako in the last movie? WTF

Anyways, totally looking forward to The Hobbit.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not really a remake thing, but I like what they did with Game of Thrones... Well I like the concept of taking a large story like that and making it into a TV Series (In mini-series format) that tries to stay true to the story. I can't stand when they make movies based off of books and cut out 90% of the story to make it fit within their time limit. As for movie remakes I would like to see a remake of Last Starfighter, or Dark Crystal (but only if they use the Henson Creature shop puppets and don't use CG anywhere in the movie)

Once World War Z comes out, I'll be wanting it remade into a longer multipart story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeaus View Post
    ALL the Transformers: WHY?...i dont like any movies that have an established story line ( 4 or 5 years of cartoons and a 3 hour anemia movie ) and they dont use it other then the main characters and then they messed up on those. Bumblebee was a VW bug not a camero. Prime was a mack truck with a trailer not a peterbuilt. Shockwave was a boom box that had cassette tapes that made ravage, runble and screech not a satalite with a wurm mount thing. Skyfire wasnt a washed up SR-71. he was a Veratech fighter jet that the Autobots could actually sit in. he was freaking hugh. ill stop here on that.
    Actually GM had a stroke of genius when they landed the contract for Transformers. They created so much hype for the Camaro it isn't even funny and they also showcased a few of their other upcoming cars, including the new Chevy sonic and quite a few of their concept cars. Also, you have to remember that only so many things can be done realistically before you have to compromise and change some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    What's sad is that J.K. Rowling had final say on what the movies would have in and leave out and switching sceens and whatnot. So I don't see anything else being better because the friggin author allowed these to be like they were
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    The first film was true to the book (book was short, so everything fit into the film), but after that, Hollywood was going through directors for each movie like tissues. If anyone read the books they could see missing or inaccurate parts that seemed to be made that way to shrink an epic story into a short movie that little kids could sit through entirely before having to use the bathroom. The extended home video versions are better, which meant going to see them in the theater was a waste of time (and money).

With changing directors so often, each movie ended up with it's own mood, which was annoying.
    Am I one of the few that read the books and loved how the movies were done? Each one was about 2hrs long (about the same length as the LotR movies) and included what the author wanted. The directors put their own twist on each one which I feel was brilliant. That being said, adjusting to each one was difficult. Christopher Columbus did the first 2 and I feel he did them with a bit too juvenile of a feel. HP: PoA was a movie that I didn't like at first, but it grew on me with time. I guess I'll leave it there, but just remember that each person has their own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to agree with the robocop guys especially with today's technology shit would be insane as long as we get some good people working on it.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robocop 110%!

Deleted
    Remade:
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean 4. On Stranger Tides
    2. The Terminator 4

The Hobbit I wanna see made into a movie. And I know, that will happen.

Ender's Game. I hear there is a movie in the works, but I doubt they'll get it right :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Remade:
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean 4. On Stranger Tides
    2. The Terminator 4

The Hobbit I wanna see made into a movie. And I know, that will happen.
    See my above post, bottom of page one.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 02:57 PM ----------

they are currently making snow white. but there's no dwarves, and the twilight chick is snow white.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I'd like to see Star Wars 1 through III remade with quality acting and writing.

I'd like to see Snowcrash be made into a movie, though there is one premise of it that I'm sure they'd change.

I'd like to see Hollywood drop the idea of remaking Old Boy. You're going to do a terrible job, so just stop before you embarrass yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'd like to see Star Wars 1 through III remade with quality acting and writing.

I'd like to see Snowcrash be made into a movie, though there is one premise of it that I'm sure they'd change.

I'd like to see Hollywood drop the idea of remaking Old Boy. You're going to do a terrible job, so just stop before you embarrass yourself.
    Yeah, finding a half-black half-Korean who can act well will probably be impossible. :P

15 year olds having sex isn't that uncommon anymore :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Want an American version of Akira with Japanese actors. Also Star Blazers, though I liked the Japanese live action one. I don't think an American version would be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    ...Ps. now that I think about it, remake Eragon but do it right.
    This. This. This.
    The inheritance cycle are some of my favorite books, and Stefan Fangmeier and Fox just completely obliterated the story and replaced it with one corny 104 min. turd. I was completely disgusted lol.

Close second: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. It was like Eragon 2.0.

No more, quit remaking good movies into shitty movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonball, Tekken and Avatar. Please. While Avatar was at least somewhere near "ok", Dragonball and Tekken were complete, absolute crap.

Other than that, I don't like remakes that much. Very few of them are actually good, and I despise "englification", i.e. taking a foreign movie and remaking it with english actors. Why? Why can't you just watch with subtitles like the rest of the world? Your new versions suck anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    15 year olds having sex isn't that uncommon anymore :P
    It was never uncommon and never will be. Displaying it in a movie with an older murderer though? Yeah, the hypocrisy crowd in the states will have a meltdown over that.

Mad Max nuff said B-)

Peter F Hamilton books...but each book would need about 4 films I reckon

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the idea, but these kids watching shit movies like Insidious and Paranormal Activity should see a new Toxic Avenger.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either Avatar: The Last Airbender done right; or the live action Death Note redone as an anime film.