How well will this PC "run" ?

Intel i7-2600

(SLI) 2 x GTX 570

Cooler Master HAF 932 Avanced

8 GB VENGEANCE/HYPERX 1866 Mhz

OCZ Agility 3 Series, 120 GB 525/475 MB r/w

Samsung 500 GB, 7200 rpm

MSI P67A-GD65

I am really completly new to building computer specs, but I can understand on most people that the cpu in this computer is actually worse than i5 ?

If its not alot.. then I dont care about it.

But tell me your thoughts on this pc spec, mostly for Battlefield 3 and Diablo 3. And perhaps some 25man raiding.

btw i am not gonna build it my self, a company is.
    Last edited by Hb; 2011-11-19 at 12:54 AM. Reason: changed the PC build

the i5 2500k will preform better in gaming, only very slightly but other then that it looks really good, make sure if you get the i7 or i5 its the "k" version means its unlocked and you can overclock it.
    maybe can get a better HDD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX i use one of these and theyre really good
    Last edited by Cleetuss; 2011-11-18 at 11:51 PM.

It will work, but it's not really well spent money. Would be easy to shave off 500€ with no visible effect on WoW or D3 performance, and only minor difference in BF3.

Depends really on how much money you have to spend, and if you want to buy all goodies or just get a sensible gaming computer.
    For a well balanced sets look here ->http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds at 1500 or 2000 gaming builds.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Why are you spending this much and not getting an SSD drive? Also why is your hardrive 5400rpm? With the huge price increase on hard drives due to shortages do yourself a favor and just buy a 128gig Crucial M4. Also it might be better to wait on this if you can with new GPU's coming out next year and a new intel CPU, supposedly around Q1.
    Last edited by Esg; 2011-11-18 at 11:54 PM.

If you're putting that kind of money into everything else might as well change that drive out for a 7,200 RPM drive and get a SSD.

Thanks for the "feedback" so far.

But considering I do not have the skills to build a pc up I cannot use that link that u linked. And also the company building these computers are the best in my country other sites, which the same price has far worse pc specs. And also they refuse (for some reason) to change the CPU in this build.. kinda annoying but I guess I have to live with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esg View Post
    Why are you spending this much and not getting an SSD drive? Also why is your hardrive 5400rpm? With the huge price increase on hard drives due to shortages due yourself a favor and just buy a 128gig Crucial M4.
    Windows + WoW + BF3 and his SSD will be close to capped already.

Deleted
    Change the HDD to a 7200 rpm variant like WDC Black or Spinpoint F3 and gt an unlocked cpu i5 2500k or i7 2600k/2700k and you are golden. I would personally go for just a single GTX 580 and get a decent 128/256 gb SSD but 2 580s will give you a nice boost in BF3.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOLOLOLOLOL 5400rpm HDD. Get ATLEAST a 7200rpm. Also, why not get a SSD? You don't need an i7, go for the i5 2500k, overclock it. It performs the same/better. Also, you probably don't need dual gtx 580's either. All that saved money and you can get a pretty good SSD. Believe me, they are worth it. Boot up in 13secs for me on an M4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Okay I do not have much knowledge on hard drives. What does RPM do? The reason I took this hard drive is because the site, does only have a 500gb 7200 RPM hard drive and I want more, so I took this. Guess I can go with 2x 500gb 7200 RPM

RPM is rotations per minute, so a 5400 drive is 33% slower then a 7200rpm hard drive, and a 7200 hard drive is already super slow compared to an SSD drive.

Deleted
    I'd suggest waiting, theres been reported that intel will start selling ivy bridge CPU's in Q4 2011/Q1 2012. Unless you desperately need the upgrade, i would personally wait.

i cant even stress how easy it is to build your own PC im in now way good at computers and still managed to build myself one from scratch without a hick up. You should really look into building it yourself, save $$ and get the parts that YOU want not what this site recommends, or has avaliable.

Deleted
    If you can recite the alphabet, count to 10, can use google and are not colour blind then you have all the skills you need to build a PC, Its like lego at play school if you just read the instructions and a guide or two :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Okay I do not have much knowledge on hard drives. What does RPM do? The reason I took this hard drive is because the site, does only have a 500gb 7200 RPM hard drive and I want more, so I took this. Guess I can go with 2x 500gb 7200 RPM
    Generally the higher the RPM the faster the drive will be able to access data, obviously there's other things that effect this but assuming same specs all around a 7200RPM drive will perform better than an equivalent 5400RPM drive option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    And also they refuse (for some reason) to change the CPU in this build.. kinda annoying but I guess I have to live with that.
    Very simple. Tell them to make the changes, or you change the store. I seriusly doubt that with such a bad customer service it would be the best place in the country to buy high end gaming computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Windows + WoW + BF3 and his SSD will be close to capped already.
    Windows + WoW takes around 40GB... I haven't played BF3 so can't say how much it takes from HDD but the torrent is about 13GB. Does it really expand to more than 50GB or you exaggerating a little?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well considering I do not have a computer atm, I am not that much willing to wait, also considering I have to be home for atleast 4 weeks due to a surgery.

Yeah, definitely get a SSD as a main drive. You have have a ~120GB ssd for windows/wow/other games, and a separate regular hard drive for music/what doesn't fit on the SSD. These really make your computer feel a lot faster.
    You should also get a i7 2600K instead of a 2600, that way you can overclock it down the road if you want to, and it only costs a little bit more.
    If you absolutely will never overclock a 2600 is fine, but overclocking is easy now a day.

Overall that computer will be pretty powerful.
    Last edited by JS17; 2011-11-19 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esg View Post
    RPM is rotations per minute, so a 5400 drive is 33% slower then a 7200rpm hard drive, and a 7200 hard drive is already super slow compared to an SSD drive.
    It isn't that cut and dry as platter size and density all play a part in speed. However as a rule of thumb you could perhaps go by this.

Well if you are just gonna buy this and never upgrade the parts get an i5 2500k, an SSD drive (Crucial m4 is most reliable/$, intel is reliable as well but more costly). You dont really need 16 gigs of ram, 8 is more then enough for everything but its pretty cheap so it doesn't really matter. I would recommend just buying 1 500g 7200rpm hard drive atm, due to the flooding in Thailand prices have pretty much gone up more then double and will start to come down soon. You also need a cooler for your CPU regardless if you get the 2600 or 2500, corsair H80 or H100 are good but there are other options if you dont like closed liquid cooling.