Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    No, what people complained about regarding attunements was having to pull new people through them each time - not them in itself. Most of the attunements were (imo) well thought out, and a damn shame they removed them since it meant people had to have a minimum of brain activity to be able to raid.

Blizzard saying "all should be able to see end content" is crap. If people cant figure out how to play then the game just might not be for them, or they just cant raid.
    So you're saying not being able to raid, has something to do with brain capacity? Hmm...that's not very clever.

It's natural for them to want a lot of people to see the content they spend so much time and effort into making, so they find ways of enabling that. Now, not being able to raid might have several reasons, such as:

A real life with real people in it and no way to set 4 hours into just sitting like a duck in front of a computer
    Trouble finding a guild that raids during hours that fits the individual
    Bad luck in server with guilds being full on their class.
    Don't want to raid for loot and progression, but still very much able to handle fights and simply have a wish to see content.

Attunements did not take any more brain activity than sitting, staring at a screen, remember what you're seeing and pressing buttons...which is basically what this game requires from you, apart from the time to spare. Don't flatter yourself or anyone else that did them. My brother had all attunements from TBC, and he laughs when people want to see them brought back, and he remembers how people used to whine about them being there...

We have no attunements today, and I highly doubt the people pwning Karazhan would have been able to jump straight into HC Rag and pwn him...despite their "brain activity".

A huge whine infested and highly subjective post is all this turned out to be. Good riddance.

I used to love her-Common Sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    A huge whine infested and highly subjective post is all this turned out to be. Good riddance.
    HEY...there just went your tank..........................the one that ACTUALLY had skill.

Quote Originally Posted by nietz17 View Post
    I agree with the rest of your post as well, but I thought this quote stuck out to me.

Most companies will print a survey on every receipt and then offer a prize or free product if you go online and tell them about your visit. Most companies will conduct product surveys and pay people to critique their product. Most companies will take interest in what those critics say, because it will make their product better.

Blizzard has instead closed this thread on the EU WoW forums (the OP by Zell, pt2), because they are not interested in hearing the negative views that people have on their cash-cow of a game. Fingers in the ears and saying "la la la la la" only works when you are 6 years old.

They have effectively silenced what we all see on their official forums, which is legal censorship. I have no problems with that because its their space. But what kind of company censors the feedback they have coming in, just because it can be viewed a bit negative? There was no flaming or hate speech, it was all clean discussion by rational adults.

We have moved the discussion to another site, and the great majority of the posts found here continue to be responses that agree with the original post by Zell. Blizzard will see this response soon as it loses more subscribers.
    Doomsayers are getting really tiresome. I distinctly remember seeing the blue post that the OP did have valid points, and the reason for locking the new thread was simply the same reason threads are being locked anytime...spam, repeating, etc etc.

Zell's points are opinions, the people thinking he's right, AGREES with him...doesn't make him 100% correct, doesn't mean there's not millions of people that would not want his WoW of choice back.

Bookmarked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    And they still won't tell me who he is...

Ah well, I lost my interest. It's the same QQ stuff most people post BUT with good grammar etc...you can say it isn't but it is. If you wanna quit than just quit...that's what I did. I find it rather pointless in stating the obvious on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    And they still won't tell me who he is...

Ah well, I lost my interest. It's the same QQ stuff most people post BUT with good grammar etc...you can say it isn't but it is. If you wanna quit than just quit...that's what I did. I find it rather pointless in stating the obvious on a forum.
    he is a normal dude that posts on the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell
    For all who’ve played a part, I thank you and will ever thank your part in my time. For those about to contribute little more than dumb trolling below this thread, you have my congratulations.

It seems Blizzard will ruin their own game to keep you.
    TenLetters

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    how about i throw this into your thinktank? A possibility of a sold/given away account
    He's staying to help his guild through the current expansion as I read in his post. 4.3 is coming soon, and I think that was all he said he was staying for.

I've been playing this game for double the time zell has... so thats 8 years now including vanilla betas

what should I say? I've played every single patch that happened to come out since the very first release.

It has never been worse than it is today and I totaly agree with Zell. The only time I log in is to slay Ragi 25HC every wednesday and log out after those 2 hours of borning raiding. This content has NOTHING to offer me anymore.

The only reason why I dont call it quits is my world ranked raiding guild and the fact that we are going to progress raid 4.3...

But if MoP fails within the first, let's say, two months... good bye WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying not being able to raid, has something to do with brain capacity? Hmm...that's not very clever.
    If you took the time to properly read what I wrote I said that it shows you got minimum brain capacity to do an attunement (not just being able to raid as you simplify it to) - and besides that it shows you are willing to spend the time to be ready to raid at all.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

what's more harmful?
    someone "whining" about why they quit, or several million leaving without giving a reason.
    the dissent of zell or whatever his name is shouldn't offend you so much, if you don't agree with whatever he said then leave it be. are you somehow hurt that someone can't find enjoyment in this game when you can?

he quit for x reason. you play for y reason. people are different, that's perfectly fine.
    perhaps a lot of people that also played for x reason have quit, perhaps not.

pointing out that only whiney qqers have quit and have made the game better is pretty closed-minded, most of my friends quit this game during cata, and i don't agree that them leaving made this game any better. i certainly wouldn't say i enjoy the community more than i previously did, i certainly wouldn't recommend this game to any of my friends.

he explained why he no longer enjoyed the game, if you made a post about things you enjoy in the game you wouldn't appreciate people making stupid lolfanboy comments, and it likely wouldn't be tolerated.

whether he is a "whiner" or not really depends more on your open-mindedness/empathy than anything he actually said.

stop putting the QQ stamp on everything you don't agree with, just accept it as a difference of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    TenLetters
    an example of ppl thinking the opininons are facts how about we play the gfame cuz we like it and are not emo about every single chang e?
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

nice post, I agree with pretty much everything he said.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    TenLetters
    One wonders why trolls salute anti-trolling text.

Am I the only one who gets a headache reading all the "I agree with everything he wrote" posts? I mean it's a rather long list of very specific things he dislikes...you agree with ALL of it? Really? That has to be some kind of shining... hurts my brain trying to imagine how so many people can just be so much alike. (Yeah I'm an optimist, I assume people are not just saying this to flame against blizzard...that's probably my problem)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

If you took the time to properly read what I wrote I said that it shows you got minimum brain capacity to do an attunement (not just being able to raid as you simplify it to) - and besides that it shows you are willing to spend the time to be ready to raid at all.
    And gearing up, writing applications, learning your class and actually raiding etc etc, doesn't? Hell...I spent all that time in attunement-free ICC without being ready...

Attunements = fun for some, but in no way mandatory for driven raiders.

One wonders why trolls salute anti-trolling text.
    I really think OP's point did not need my input at all.

Blizzard saying "all should be able to see end content" is crap. If people cant figure out how to play then the game just might not be for them, or they just cant raid.
    I really don't get why people hate that raiding is now accessible to people who spend less than two hours a day playing. Seriously, I don't. Why is it bad? Blizzard did not want another Naxx40 where only roughly 10% of the playerbase even saw the inside of the instance, and only around 2% cleared it. All that development time spent for 2% of players to see KT while it was current. And that was a good thing, apparently? =/

If it's a "special snowflake" problem, then deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".