Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Norn = Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Norn = Viking
    Nope, they are huge Nordic Warriors who are very spiritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I always loved the Vrykul in WoW and wanted to play as them, so Norn was the obvious choice.
    I love you.

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reward View Post
    Because of viking and the nordic concept so have I chosen Norn.
    ...and you.

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Norn because they are burly, tough and look really cool armored up.
    ...and you.

I am playing this game because of the Norn. Everything about them from their size/look, to their philosophy, to their spirituality, to their location is perfect. I would not consider any other race.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2011-11-18 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Nope, they are huge Nordic Warriors who are very spiritual.
    And by spiritual you mean they're drunk on spirits

I would say Norn. Why? Nordic inspiration, animal spirits, huge badasses. Will probably be a male norn ranger. Wolf pet, follow the wolf spirit. Will be awesome. Oh, and I would probably have chosen female norn, until I saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5nnsmk1H4 video, at the 1:22 mark. That made me choose male. Though I will probably have a female norn of some class.

The sylvari look cool, as the thought of playing a plant person is nice. I will stay far far far away from those deformed creatures called Asura. Charr would be nice as I usually go for the beast races.

So, Norn, Charr, and Sylvari would be the race choices for me.

Eye of the North was my favorite story/expansion in GW1.

How do you watch this:

And not feel heroic?

Whats awesome is the Norn feel their glory is certain. They only need to live up to it.

That's powerful motivation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Eye of the North was my favorite story/expansion in GW1.

How do you watch this:

And not feel heroic?

Whats awesome is the Norn feel their glory is certain. They only need to live up to it.

That's powerful motivation.
    The worst part of that was the player created norn... Looks like Big Foot...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching newly allowed Youtube videos of humans, blue humans, green humans, red humans, and humans with circuit boards on their faces, I'm so glad ArenaNet has gone to the effort to designing distinct races to give us real choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gay... all the human intro's on youtube are for nobles...

Charr totally! Ever since I saw them way back when I started playing Guild Wars, I thought "It would be so badass to play one of these!" So that's why :P

Only other race I think would be epic would be the Elonian Centaur from Nightfall, who remembers those? They were bitchin'

None of the races really say much to me at the moment so I'll likely just be human at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Materiabandit View Post
    Charr totally! Ever since I saw them way back when I started playing Guild Wars, I thought "It would be so badass to play one of these!" So that's why :P

Only other race I think would be epic would be the Elonian Centaur from Nightfall, who remembers those? They were bitchin'
    I don't like centaur.... as a mythical creature period. In any game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartuc the Bloody View Post
    I don't like centaur.... as a mythical creature period. In any game.
    Except the ones fucking shit up in Kryta, Elona and the Shiverpeaks.

Mythical arrows and Mythical swords sure do hurt for being mythical.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Except the ones fucking shit up in Kryta, Elona and the Shiverpeaks.

Mythical arrows and Mythical swords sure do hurt for being mythical.
    What? I meant I don't like centaur, in real life lore or in video games I just don't like them period. Lol get butt hurt some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartuc the Bloody View Post
    What? I meant I don't like centaur, in real life lore or in video games I just don't like them period. Lol get butt hurt some more.
    So you don't like a fantasy creature/race in any fantasy setting? That's silly. Also, I LOVE their centaurs. They actually look like horse people instead of someone cutting off a human torso, lopping off the horse's head, and sewing them together.

Generic centaur-

Guild Wars 1 centaur-

Guild Wars 2 centaur artwork (can't seem to find really good images of them)-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Getting off topic a bit:

Him and many other centaurs! I would love to put in a lengthy note to AreneNet to perhaps make a "faction" of centaurs that perhaps follow in the footsteps of Ventari. I know one centaur did (Ehrgen Windmane), but I would love to see them as an actual race to choose from. Also considering ArenaNet has given them armor that actually fits too.

Some choices for your Biography could be like:

Farmer/Rancher/Homesteader- You tend to the crops/animals of your peoples, to make sure that even the centaurs on the front line get food. You've also become very agile at tending to the wild beasts that threaten your flocks.

Nomad/Merchant- You've given up your sedentary lifestyle of your peoples in search of a new path. You seek the riches of the world, and also to make coin on the side for yourself.

Sworn Soldier- You are a trained weapon. You are thorough in slaying any enemy that threatens your people, your land, and your way of life. You will gallop/march to the sound of the Great Warhorn, crushing enemies under your hoof!

Maybe it's just me, but centaur don't get enough attention either. Recently in D&D 4e, they made them a Large creature, meaning it won't fit in their crappy 5ftx5ft squares anymore. Even though I swear most horses are 5ft in body length. But it also means that people can't choose them as a race anymore unless the DM let's you be one (and luckily my husband is a nice DM, others have said "Human, Elves, Dwarves only." in some campaigns).

Also, I do realize how people love to demonize most races. But here we now have playable Charr, with three separate Legions to choose from, and one defect Legion- the Flame Legion (or Gold Legion). So I don't see why we couldn't maybe have centaurs. I mean, they're already in the game, they'd just have to put their customization/starter zone in a patch or expansion.
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2011-11-19 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real problem would be with armor models, because nothing that worked on other races would work on centaurs and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The real problem would be with armor models, because nothing that worked on other races would work on centaurs and vice versa.
    Well, you could rule out dresses altogether (not that I care for them). You would see the "human" upper half dressed up, while bits and pieces of the armor or "street clothes" adorning the horse half. They could even give females the chance to have their tales braided/preened while wearing some of the more fancy stuff.

Plus they already have some sexy armor that fits the horse half-

I guess I hate to see such a good race with many potentials just discarded by most MMORPGs/RPGs/Table-tops. And I know that ArenaNet would implement them the right way, and not disappoint.

Plus, it would be another unique race to add to their repertoire that they already have going.

Know what, I'm going to make a huge email about these guys and send it to them. Suggestions are a plus!
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2011-11-19 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Added more stuff.

Still a bit off topic, but it's cool if he doesn't like centaurs. I'm typically not a -huge- fan either, they just get overused a lot and they're often just generic baddies. But I do really like what ANet has done with them as far as models go, and some of the animations that I've seen in GW2 videos look really really nice.

That said, I still do agree that a playable centaur race would be sweet. Have always wanted to play the "bad guys" from these games--the centaurs, the naga/serpent people, dragon-things, you name it. But I think since they're usually so different that devs would have to really commit to it to overcome seemingly simple things like "where put boot armorz"