Poll: Average log In wait time?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SWTOR launch date average log In wait time (how long do you think)

When SWTOR comes out there will be a massive log In queue on all of the servers. Now I'm not big Into waiting forever to log In Into a game, as most people should be like.

How long do you think the average wait time Is to log In?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    idk, i know i dont like the game at all, to me it feels weird and not something im interested in, but like i said it my opinion.

Post constructively next time. No infraction, just a warning. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-11-21 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electroso View Post
    idk, i know i dont like the game at all, to me it feels weird and not something im interested in, but like i said it my opinion.
    I appreciate your constructive post.

It will be bad in the beginning but give it a few weeks or a month and it will go down.

LULZ seriously 30min,,...try 3-4 hours if not more. Rift had nowhere near as much hype as ToR and they had 5,000 person queue';s on launch date. God could you imagine ToR?

After early access I might have to take a break, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Headstart of 5 days for me. Once I log in, I probably won't allow it to log me out. Avoiding queues and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Electroso View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to establish your point of view of the game and constructively answering the question in the original post.

I think the waits will be around 10-20 minutes considering that they will have a lot more servers up and they are controlling the floodgates as best they can. At peak play times, possibly up to 30 minutes, but who knows. We lack sufficient details on exactly how they plan on letting people in (daily, hourly, exc.).

Edit: I base this off my experiences last beta weekend, where peak times the wait was upwards of 30 minutes. Since it was a weekend test designed to test the server stability and queue system, I can assume that they intentionally overloaded the servers to simulate a worst possible case launch. There were also quite few servers available to play on at the time.
    Last edited by Marksman79; 2011-11-21 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    LULZ seriously 30min,,...try 3-4 hours if not more. Rift had nowhere near as much hype as ToR and they had 5,000 person queue';s on launch date. God could you imagine ToR?
    Yes. Unless BW adds more servers, I suspect the wait times can be ridiculous. With them placing guilds on servers it MIGHT make it easier.

I got a 10-20 minute queue on the beta a couple weeks back, I expect a 20-30 on live, though. Hopefully they'll add enough servers so it stays low...

bioware will get a good sense what they need to do with the number of servers with this upcoming beta test from nov 25-28

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Yes. Unless BW adds more servers, I suspect the wait times can be ridiculous. With them placing guilds on servers it MIGHT make it easier.
    We all know what that results in. I only pray Bioware paid attention to Rift. Trion caved to the qq and added extra servers, but there plan seems to have been to consolidate all along. Who knowsssss

They also did not have the money that Bioware/Lucas Arts do. Bioware will have way more server space then Rift did at release, considering they are expecting more ppl then in RIFT. I'm thinking a 30min - 2 hours at most. Also that's the point of these weekly stress tests and pretty much inviting everyone who signed up for testing or pre-ordered the game to test. Servers are almost as populated as they will be at launch during the weekend tests, at least with this game since it has been hyped for years.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2011-11-21 at 03:29 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know what that results in. I only pray Bioware paid attention to Rift. Trion caved to the qq and added extra servers, but there plan seems to have been to consolidate all along. Who knowsssss
    The issue is new servers are just a quick fix. You ALWAYS run the risk of having to close servers if you open a lot, just to fix the new flood of people. So, what do they do? Open a lot and then consolidate later? People will call doomsday/QQ. Or do you just let the people wait in the Queue? People will QQ and call for new servers.

Damned if you, damned if you don't.

During the first "stress test" I had no problems.

I logged in at times like 12 and 6 on every day and never had to wait more then 10 minutes (many of the times straight through). Sometimes even after scheduled shut downs where everyone would be logging back at once I had no problems.

I logically picked a server with an obscure name though to avoid overcrowding because people thought playing on servers like "Revan" was special. Just be wise like that and you will certainly have less problems.

Kloonda Malitia had no problems with my stress test beta

I had a 10 min queue just once during the beta. So I would say it would be about that.

On beta a couple weeks back I had a queue well over 2-3 hours, but I also picked Leviathan. Stupid I know.

We'll get a good idea this coming weekend with probably well over 2 million invited to the party. I also expect every server to be brought up and tested during this. It will also give them a good idea how to handle launch in a month. If they are running 1-3 hour queues with 5000 in line, they'll probably work to increase capacity. Either by beefing up the existing servers or add additional ones in.

Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    On beta a couple weeks back I had a queue well over 2-3 hours, but I also picked Leviathan. Stupid I know.

We'll get a good idea this coming weekend with probably well over 2 million invited to the party. I also expect every server to be brought up and tested during this. It will also give them a good idea how to handle launch in a month. If they are running 1-3 hour queues with 5000 in line, they'll probably work to increase capacity. Either by beefing up the existing servers or add additional ones in.
    yeah, next weekends beta test will answer our questions better then any guessing could do, plus give them 2 weeks to help beef up the weak spots.

Also, they have phasing set up for in case 1000's of people try to log on to the same spot on the same server, it should help but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    i had about an hour Q the other weekend. right after servers went down for maintenance. other than that, got straight in. im betting on at least hour-long ques next weekend.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Non ending easily. I was in the beta weekend a couple weeks ago and there was 5000+ in the queues so it took an hour or more on some servers. On different servers the wait was like 20-40min. I expect a lot more people playing at launch then the beta so i expect the queues to be higher.