I keep saying "Use motherboardstands" so often I feel retarded in doing so, and people complain when I do..
    This will encourage me to keep saying it whenever someone has troubles ^^

Which case do you have, Platinus? The Arc? If so, use the ones that on the box (that the screws came in) says they are motherboard screws. :]

Deleted
    I bought the Phantom. (Read signature, duh :P) I couldn't find it in White so I got the black one.

Now the screws are either 6-32 screw or the ones without name, wich i suspect is from Gigabyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I have too many screws! Wich ones do I use to screw down the MB with? (After I've used the standoffs). What does it say on the bag?
    Take one of the left over standoffs and check it with the different screws that you have.

Oh, Phantom *nose wrinkles*
    Well. They usually have a head consisting of part hexa-screw and part round-screw (below the hexagonal), if you understand what I'm trying to say.
    They could have a bit of the screw that's "slät och inte skruvad".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Take one of the left over standoffs and check it with the different screws that you have.
    They both work, one goes down deeper tho, should I use that one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not make it harder than it really is, shall we

Try screwing them in gently, whichever fits better should be used? Don't force it in and if it feels tough to screw or you can't get it tight enough, you probably have wrong ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Let's not make it harder than it really is, shall we

Try screwing them in gently, whichever fits better should be used? Don't force it in and if it feels tough to screw or you can't get it tight enough, you probably have wrong ones.
    Haha, sorry. My first build and don't want anything to go wrong!

I tried the ones that went deeper and they seemed to work fine.

I SHALL NOW GO TO CABLE MANAGEMENT!

10+ Year Old Account
    asus board. 3.0ghz quad core processor, 2 nvidia gtx 460s, coolermaster haf case, w7, All razor peripherals ( naga, lycosa, carcharious, nostromo goliathus extended edtition)

Pictures are being dumb but all are normal on my website link at bottom of post

http://www.rotomon.com

* User received an infraction for huge images. And fixed them.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-11-21 at 09:11 PM. Reason: clarifying picture issue
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude too big!! Resize to less than 800x600 or just provide links to the pics.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-11-21 at 09:11 PM.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    As much as I love your triple screen setup, thumbnails please.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Rag screenie is amazing.

Deleted
    Bah, can't figure out where to put the phantom front connectors and such. The manual doesn't really cover that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Motherboard model?

Deleted
    Bah, can't figure out where to put the phantom front connectors and such. The manual doesn't really cover that..
    Basicly, the front connectors should be labeled with someting, like USB or HD AUDIO. Search the motherboard manual, especially read up on the bottom ports of your motherboard, that's where all the connectors are (notice the blocks with pins in them, that's where your connectors go in, usually they're labeled on the mobo aswell but it doesn't hurt to read up on them).

They should be labeled. The motherboard should also have these colourcoded so that you can cross-reference with the (motherboard)manual.

Take a look at this image. Its a Z68X motherboard, so it should be similar to yours. It's that piece in the bottom left hand corner of the image. Each color represents something on the front IO panel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Motherboard model?
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 REV 1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Basicly, the front connectors should be labeled with someting, like USB or HD AUDIO. Search the motherboard manual, especially read up on the bottom ports of your motherboard, that's where all the connectors are (notice the blocks with pins in them, that's where your connectors go in, usually they're labeled on the mobo aswell but it doesn't hurt to read up on them).
    But there are some pins that don't have a similar name on the motherboard if you know what I mean. Well, I'm going to bed now, I'll have to work on it more tomorrow.

Bottom right of the motherboard.

There's a small, white thing that comes with your mobo. It has names corresponding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 REV 1.0

But there are some pins that don't have a similar name on the motherboard if you know what I mean. Well, I'm going to bed now, I'll have to work on it more tomorrow.
    Probably your start/reset/hdd led pins. It's hard to know what you're talking about without pics, sorry : /