Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I think what you're mostly asking for is more customization, and I agree.

But scrap worgen females and rebuild them, that will never happen. Not even when the old races get new models.
    They wouldnt have to be rebuilt just swapped out. The files for the alpha still exist. It would probably be more work to adjust the current model to have the same level of customization proposed, which is already present in the alpha.

Welcome, but I was just stating how I'd feel. Heck I actually have 2 worgen females. My druid who is best described as a forest child, and my hunter that is best described as a primal. Their looks support the personalties I have given them. So to suddenly have a completely different look as proposed, would effect my characters in an un-repairable way. I'd have to scrap the characters I worked hard on completely and start from the ground up.
    hello alewen/khalia, we mEet again.. Happily almost all of the fAcial markings present in the current model were also available in the alpha, and your character would still look very similar.
    Last edited by starlord; 2011-11-21 at 11:58 PM.

I like both the male and female worgen very much!

Deleted
    I really don't see why people think total reskins/new models would be so catastrophic; i've yet to meet a single person who wishes Druids had their old feral forms back, and they spend at least 80%+ of their time in them.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    They wouldnt have to be rebuilt just swapped out.
    But look at what I said. I'd be pretty upset if I logged in expecting my usual character only to find the character is no longer matching the character I created.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldnt have to be rebuilt just swapped out. The files for the alpha still exist. It would probably be more work to adjust the current model to have the same level of customization proposed, which is already present in the alpha.

hello alewen/khalia, we mEet again.. Happily almost all of the fAcial markings present in the current model were also available in the alpha, and your character would still look very similar.
    Rebuilt. It looks nothing like the current, and would likely require new animations.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I like both the male and female worgen very much!
    Me too, which is why i want to see them given the same level of care & attention that other races have gotten.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me too, which is why i want to see them given the same level of care & attention that other races have gotten.
    They did, just all at once instead of in two doses.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Rebuilt. It looks nothing like the current, and would likely require new animations.
    The alpha model already has an almost complete animation set, only missing dancing and Running Wild. They are actually a lot less buggy than the animations on the live model.

There is an old version of the model viewer that will display them: http://code.google.com/p/wowmodelvie...K.rar&can=1&q=

As for the thread topic, I really hope they will take a second look at the model. The worgen were a rush job and it really shows. However, I'm fairly cynical about Blizzard and suspect that nothing will happen, even though they have acknowledged that the female model is unpopular.
    Last edited by 7seti; 2011-11-22 at 12:25 AM.

Im not sure what you have seen of it, but it has the exact same animations, just bug free since blizz made the new model taller & thinner without adjusting for the tearing it would cause. The primary difference is in the facial structure and hair. I have seen others state that the files are still present in game, so again.. A simple swap, more or less.
    They did, just all at once instead of in two doses.
    I completely disagree, since worgen have subpar customization even to vanilla races. They have an entire slot left blank, and the males human to worgen ties were not changed from their placeholder alpha. The female has tearing and severe clipping that exists to this day (its tough to say if the hair clipping through everything was intentional or not..) compare them to the goblins in terms of quality & customization... Its obvious which one is more polished.

Darn iphone messing up my posts...

I agree so much. The Worgen race feels like it was finished in a hurry. The goblins are amazing in details, hair, animations, expressions...the worgens don't look sane when moving, and are lacking so much detail.

Just look at the male 2h melee animation...it's ALWAYS a barrel-roll, it's SO annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    But look at what I said. I'd be pretty upset if I logged in expecting my usual character only to find the character is no longer matching the character I created.
    the current faces were based off of the alpha ones, so your character would still look quite similar. Just with more hairstyles & (probably) different colored eyes.

I realize it might be a lot to ask, but i think they should at the least get more customization & glowing eyes (to match the males)

Deleted
    Why is it male worgens have glowing eyes but females don't? Love to hear the excuse

the current faces were based off of the alpha ones, so your character would still look quite similar. Just with more hairstyles & (probably) different colored eyes.

I realize it might be a lot to ask, but i think they should at the least get more customization & glowing eyes (to match the males)
    For me though, would be asking too much to log in and not have my snarl, and the face looking completely different, like in my own opinion the alpha model looked like a hybrid fox/cat wearing a wig. I would not appreciate such a drastic edit to my character on that magnetude. Now if the eyes one day were glowing... I probably could live with that. But beyond that, I don't think I could live with any other changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    For me though, would be asking too much to log in and not have my snarl, and the face looking completely different, like in my own opinion the alpha model looked like a hybrid fox/cat wearing a wig. I would not appreciate such a drastic edit to my character on that magnetude. Now if the eyes one day were glowing... I probably could live with that. But beyond that, I don't think I could live with any other changes.
    Well that is why i think now is a good time, since everyones characters will look a bit different. Im sure some will miss the old vanilla models, just as some missed the old druid ones. Everyone got used to them after a while. Blizz has admitted the current worgen model has not generally well recieved as well. But it would be up to them. I mainly just want bugs fixed & customization brought up to par with the goblins for both genders. Blizzard made its name on quality and attention to detail, its a shame worgen dont show it.
    Last edited by starlord; 2011-11-22 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Curse this touchscreen!

10+ Year Old Account
    i like all the suggestions on the worgen revamp except on the reverting the females to alpha. no. just no. i know I'm like the one guy on this forum that likes the wrogen models as they are and so I'm not ashamed to say i like them a shit load better then the alpha versions. but thats just my opinion, they aren't supposed to be lil cuttle bugs you can snuggle with after an arena, as they are now they look like they would rip your face off because thats what a werwolf would do ( yes i know they aren't officially werwolves but lets face it they are) and i like them that way. if anything they should just change the voice up a bit but i know that would never happen.
    Last edited by psdew1813; 2011-11-22 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    i like all the suggestions on the worgen revamp except on the reverting the females to alpha. no. just no. i know I'm like the one guy on this forum that likes the wrogen models as they are and so I'm not ashamed to say i like them a shit load better then the alpha versions. but thats just my opinion, they aren't supposed to be lil cuttle bugs you can snuggle with after an arena, as they are now they look like they would rip your face off because thats what a werwolf would do ( yes i know they aren't officially werwolves but lets face it they are) and i like them that way. if anything they should just change the voice up a bit but i know that would never happen.
    Well its only the females that seem to get the most flak, the males fit well. Unfortunately the female lost some of its feralness when it was given the :3 smile & bedroom eyes :/

I think the rogue here looks pretty scary, for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCK1...e_gdata_player

But thank you for your support!

10+ Year Old Account
    i fully agree with u

and its not because ur quoting me in ur sig

Well that is why i think now is a good time, since everyones characters will look a bit different. Im sure some will miss the old vanilla models, just as some missed the old druid ones. Everyone got used to them after a while. Blizz has admitted the current worgen model has not generally well recieved as well. But it would be up to them. I mainly just want bugs fixed & customization brought up to par with the goblins for both genders. Blizzard made its name on quality and attention to detail, its a shame worgen dont show it.
    If the Chuck Norris preview is any indication, then the Human Male model, isn't changing all that much. Blizzard did say they wanted to approach the revamping carefully so as not to alienate the players who like their vanilla characters customization. From appearance, it looks like all they are doing is increasing the polygons, fixing the digits/fingers, and giving them actual wrists instead of just going arm to hand. So if the revamp is just a touch up to bring them up to cataclysm's quality, then they succeeded I think.

If you are expecting people to login to a completely different shaped human character, I think you will be disappointed. That's probably why they are focusing only on the vanilla and BC models. Those models have a lot of rough/flat edges in them and don't got the skeletons to do the complex moves the new models have. So when we see our revamped characters, they will look the same, shape/feature wise, just more advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    You are not the only one. I love my worgen female. I don't want to see her changed at all. Well I should say Worgen Females, as I got a baby hunter I am working on. But even still, people like their character looks, Blizzard isn't going to alienate their playerbase by making people think they are logging into their celin dion style character to find the character changed to Winona Ryder style.

If the Chuck Norris preview is any indication, then the Human Male model, isn't changing all that much. Blizzard did say they wanted to approach the revamping carefully so as not to alienate the players who like their vanilla characters customization. From appearance, it looks like all they are doing is increasing the polygons, fixing the digits/fingers, and giving them actual wrists instead of just going arm to hand. So if the revamp is just a touch up to bring them up to cataclysm's quality, then they succeeded I think.

If you are expecting people to login to a completely different shaped human character, I think you will be disappointed. That's probably why they are focusing only on the vanilla and BC models. Those models have a lot of rough/flat edges in them and don't got the skeletons to do the complex moves the new models have. So when we see our revamped characters, they will look the same, shape/feature wise, just more advanced.
    indeed, the chuck norris model is only slightly touched up.. With a new head and hair model ;p

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 07:23 PM ----------

A quick face comparison:

15+ Year Old Account
    Even though I already like the current female worgen model, I wouldn't mind going back to the alpha worgen female face model.

Not the alpha hairstyles though, I think they look terrible. The current hairstyles are much better.

Well its only the females that seem to get the most flak, the males fit well. Unfortunately the female lost some of its feralness when it was given the :3 smile & bedroom eyes :/
    Looking at the alpha female worgen faces in the post above mine, most of them also have somewhat of a :3 smile, so that's not actually a new thing.
    Last edited by Spellweaver; 2011-11-22 at 03:49 AM.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan