World bosses in MoP

Just wondering if its likely that there will be any world bosses in MoP, really liked them back in the day BoEs <3
    Do gnomes have a vibrate setting?

well... yes, that's one of the things they've promoted on blizzcon, stated in blue posts, and been on the front page :3

10+ Year Old Account
    they said they want to do it, lets hope!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    they said they want to do it, lets hope!
    dance studio anyone?

I wouldn't get too excited for the return of old-school world bosses that we know of from Vanilla and BC in MoP... Sure, Blizz said they're bringing back the idea of World Bosses to MoP - but I'm kinda thinking it MIGHT be in a very different way...

I'm actually kinda half-expecting MoP's "World Bosses" to end up being special PVE scenarios where 25 people can queue up to fight them.

Which, honestly, wouldn't be so bad if they don't start until 25 people join up in the queue or something... But yeah, I'm NOT counting on the traditional World Bosses (tanking, healing, patterns, ect...) we know and love. (remember, PVE Scenarios SUPPOSEDLY won't require a tank/healing/DPS kind of setup).

Edit: Some textual clarification pointed out by Ben Evans. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2011-11-22 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Sure, Blizz said they're bringing them back - but I'm kinda thinking it MIGHT be in a very different way...
    Blizz won't bring completely same bosses back since it will provoke anger among gamers.

aslong as there most Wbosses im happy
    Do gnomes have a vibrate setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Evans View Post
    Blizz won't bring completely same bosses back since it will provoke anger among gamers.
    No - I meant bringing "them" back - (ie, the idea of world bosses). I didn't mean they were LITERALLY bringing Azuregos, the four dragons, Kazaak and co. back. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't get too excited for the return of old-school world bosses that we know of from Vanilla and BC in MoP... Sure, Blizz said they're bringing back the idea of World Bosses to MoP - but I'm kinda thinking it MIGHT be in a very different way...

I'm actually kinda half-expecting MoP's "World Bosses" to end up being special PVE scenarios where 25 people can queue up to fight them.

Which, honestly, wouldn't be so bad if they don't start until 25 people join up in the queue or something... But yeah, I'm NOT counting on the traditional World Bosses (tanking, healing, patterns, ect...) we know and love. (remember, PVE Scenarios SUPPOSEDLY won't require a tank/healing/DPS kind of setup).

PvE Scenarios won't have more than 3 people, meaning no raid scenario. I really don't like it when people (in this case, you) see a good idea and come along to sprinkle a rain negativity and pessimism upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    PvE Scenarios won't have more than 3 people, meaning no raid scenario. I really don't like it when people (in this case, you) see a good idea and come along to sprinkle a rain negativity and pessimism upon it.
    Ummm... no - they're not just 1-3 players... they scale according to the type of scenario...

Here's the exact quote. I think you totally misinterpreted what he said... as I underlined the important bits.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    These are short instances for a few players. The amount of players will vary on what type of scenario it is. A Scenario could be for three-players for example, and these are all designed for players that are playing their characters in similar ways as when they are questing.
    Again, it SCALES depending on the type. The moment I heard this the very first thing I thought of might actually be a cool 25 player invasion scenario if enough people join up!

Ironically I'm not raining on anybody's parade as I actually LIKE the idea of a World Boss working that way... I'm just thinking along the lines of Blizzard - and I can see them more implementing World Bosses via PVE scenarios more than in the traditional way.

I'm just warning people that it might not be the same old method of "Quick! Get your guild together and lets head to that boss before the other guild nabs them!"

Not to mention, how are World Bosses going to work with 10 man guilds? Hell, if they're able to be done by 10 people - you can potentially pug that boss before any guild has all their ducks lined up and in a group.

EDIT: Although I now read the first part saying "These are short instances for a few players" so you could also possibly be right too that they won't extend to raids... (though I can't see why not...). Though 10 people isn't a lot... at least in my book. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2011-11-22 at 06:42 PM.

Ummm... no - they're not just 1-3 players... they scale according to the type of scenario...

Here's the exact quote. I think you totally misinterpreted what he said... as I underlined the important bits.

These are short instances for a few players. The amount of players will vary on what type of scenario it is. A Scenario could be for three-players for example, and these are all designed for players that are playing their characters in similar ways as when they are questing.
    Again, it SCALES depending on the type. The moment I heard this the very first thing I thought of might actually be a cool 25 player invasion scenario if enough people join up!

Ironically I'm not raining on anybody's parade as I actually LIKE the idea of a World Boss working that way... I'm just thinking along the lines of Blizzard - and I can see them more implementing World Bosses via PVE scenarios more than in the traditional way.

I'm just warning people that it might not be the same old method of "Quick! Get your guild together and lets head to that boss before the other guild nabs them!"

Not to mention, how are World Bosses going to work with 10 man guilds? Hell, if they're able to be done by 10 people - you can potentially pug that boss before any guild has all their ducks lined up and in a group.
    Are you perhaps mixing Scenarios with world bosses? I got the feeling they were different
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Are you perhaps mixing Scenarios with world bosses? I got the feeling they were different
    Actually that's my exact point. I'm thinking that they won't be the traditional "World Bosses" we know, and might just be implemented as PVE scenarios.

Read my first post above... you're reading that post you quoted WAY out of context. :P

10+ Year Old Account

EDIT: Although I now read the first part saying "These are short instances for a few players" so you could also possibly be right too that they won't extend to raids... (though I can't see why not...). Though 10 people isn't a lot... at least in my book. :P
    I expect them to be Puggable; I imagine world bosses to be the MoP equivalent of Baradin Hold or Vault of Archavon.

Deleted

Really I think this is whats gonna happen.
    And I don't really like it :/
    Feels kinda like a raid then not like a worldboss...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldriel View Post
    Really I think this is whats gonna happen.
    And I don't really like it :/
    Feels kinda like a raid then not like a worldboss...
    Just because you "feel" it will happen doesn't mean it will.