Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm just kind of shocked that they'd choose ro kill off a character like that, seemingly without purpose. It really doesn't feel right that 4 random guys can kill him either, especially when he has the power to nearly single handedly mow down every Sith acolyte and force resistant droid on the Star Forge. After all that about Revan being 'power' incarnate, and the 'single greatest warrior of the age' I would've expected a more appropriate death. Offing him before hitting leval cap is just disgraceful.

Amusingly enough, I'd seen the revan stuff (didn't want to bother reading the book, was curious what happened with him) and clicked through here to see about HK

Revan was a powerful jedi, 300 years ago... he's been siphoned and stored and beat. Moreso though, what was appealing to me about the character in KotOR was his humanity. He wasn't some god like another poster said. He was your character, beating odds and winning the day, then heading off to help. His death, while hopefully nicely done, is a cap to his being a person.

As opposed to some of the UberSith types that populated KotOR2 and even the Emperor in TOR, that are simply alien in comparison. That might be their purpose, but I don't care for it from a story standpoint.

So, off to followup on HK51 I guess. (The droid, not the rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next Flashpoint: THE EXILE!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Actually, this is fair. Revan.. Revan was a badass in the book. He did something that I don't think any other known Jedi did. He used both the Light and Dark side at the same time.

He was powerful enough that the Emperor imprisoned him to drain his life. The Exile kept Revan healed when he was weak, and Revan mentally influenced the emperor through the drain.

You don't fight Revan at full power. You fight Revan after him being imprisoned for 300 years. The model I saw of Revan was fantastically done with the book though. The small details that were included in both model and book were...fantastic.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much for the theory I was going with - when I played in the Beta, I did the Revanite storyline on Dromund Kaas (and being a fan of the original game, I went "heretics? Fuck that, I'm with Revan"), and one of 'em implied that Revan was actually the Sith Emperor, and that's why he was in some kind of seclusion.

Then again, the gal who made that theory was an obsessive lunatic...

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Actually, the Exile is dead, having been killed off in the Revan novel.

I'm pretty sure hes alive on the republic side. I don't think there is any order in how the flashpoints play out. The republic and empire ones are mirrors of eachother, so I think the story just plays out differently.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I'm pretty sure hes alive on the republic side. I don't think there is any order in how the flashpoints play out. The republic and empire ones are mirrors of eachother, so I think the story just plays out differently.
    That's not correct, you free Revan from Taral, and he then goes to the foundry where he is defeated. Seriously though, I've never seen anyone else become one with the force like that, even the emperor's death was kinda bleh, though he does tear the place down I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    That's not correct, you free Revan from Taral, and he then goes to the foundry where he is defeated. Seriously though, I've never seen anyone else become one with the force like that, even the emperor's death was kinda bleh, though he does tear the place down I suppose.
    Well it just seems odd that flashpoints on the same level would be ordered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont think at lvl 30 you should kill him, maybe wound him and then at 50 finish him off?

I read an interview with the dev's and they said they will "never" use the "it was merely a setback" plot device...
    It's just a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levels mean nothing storywise. Levels are only a game mechanic for progression. In WoW, lvl 20 Blood Elves have to kill Darkhan Drathir, who is supposed to be a very powerful mage, so powerful that no one had been able to kill him yet. At lvl 60, we had to fight the Old God C'thun. At lvl 85, we fought his servant Cho'gal. Was Cho'gal stronger than C'thun in lore? Of course not! Same thing here. The only thing that matters is if Revan's death serves the story well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I think she got killed off at some point before the game
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Already butchering the lore. Watch out WoW, a new challenger appears!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Yeah, Shinryu said so above... I need to get that book.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I actually just did this FP on the imperial side a few days ago. I'll give you the ending and such which actually does leave some wiggle room for both HK and Revan to be alive. Don't scroll down if you dont want to see.

So after the FP is over, you are speaking to Malgus about what happened. HK is mentioned specifically, and it's said the Empire can rebuild him.

As far as Revan, when you get to him he talks about his long imprisonment with the Empire and so on and so forth, and how he's going to use the Foundry (tech like the star forge) to destroy the emperor. You fight him, and when it's over he says (referencing Malak) "In the end as the darkness takes me, I am nothing...now I know how you felt my friend". He has 1HP while this is all going on, and he disappears in a big flash of energy. No body is left. Whether he's alive or "one with the force" and will continue on in the story as a force ghost is speculation

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Read the Revan book. She is indeed dead, many centuries ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man... Zealous is going to be heart broken! I don't want them to cut off Revan, let's just hope he magically survives or something, or someone revives him. Do you know what the name of the flashpoint is?
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2011-11-23 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Oh man... Zealous is going to be heart broken! I don't want them to cut off Revan, let's just hope he magically survives or something, or someone revives him.
    If you want I can try to run it again tomorrow and fraps the ending and post it on youtube or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Oh man... Zealous is going to be heart broken! I don't want them to cut off Revan, let's just hope he magically survives or something, or someone revives him.
    NONONONONONONO!

I'm a Revan fanboy and i don't want him to be "magically ressurected" of something. BW already screwed up by making him a Boss in a lvl 35 flashpoint.

Let him rest in peace.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 03:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GSpotFrenzy View Post
    If you want I can try to run it again tomorrow and fraps the ending and post it on youtube or something.
    there is already several videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvEjL0GWJGk

Is it wrong of me to ask who they are? :S
    Raaaa!