Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saveiro View Post
    I recall someone from Blizzard saying that Demonology will use SB as filler, but that SB changes when entering Metamorphosis to something that sounds Demonic and melee'ish. Can't find the source yet. Think we, the Demonologists, will even have to be more melee than we already are, if they'll implement that. I'd like it, won't be bothered if they don't. Probably won't out-tank Bears anymore, but no reason not to try. (Muhaha)
    It's not on the calculator, I can only assume they dropped it when they tried to fight Majordomo and realised it was a stupid idea.

Seems there is alot of abilities and passives missing for almost every class, so I wouldn't totally go off saying haunt/chaos bolt etc are removed as final, could be they just forgot to add some of the stuff, or are still working them over.

(For example priests doesn't have mind spike, mind blast, or devouring plague)
    Last edited by Micke; 2011-11-23 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raiza View Post
    I'm looking forward to know how this demonic teleport will work.
    Definitely. As I see it it will probably be something like used where you stand + Where you target the ground afterwards. Could also be twice targeting.
    What I however think will be really funny is Demonic teleport = 70 yards. Demonic circle teleport = 40 yards.
    And bam the warlock was gone
    EDIT; Thinking about it the "where u stand" part probably wouldnt work since you would teleport yourself instantly :<
    Last edited by Dastey; 2011-11-23 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I believe this is already the case at very low levels; SB's cast time actually increases steadily as you move up ranks. It might be that this tooltip is representative of the low rank version of the spell.

Edit: Micke beat me to it.
    The abilities list the base damage as 879 Shadow damage (Shadowbolt) and 2051 Fire damage (Soul Fire) . That doesn't jive with a low level ability. These look to be the tooltip for the level 90 version of the spell.

Blizzard is known for using ridiculous tooltip damage on spells during alpha/beta when they don't care about damage yet until the design phase has been completed

Deleted
    Hello,

Is it me or bane of agony just turned into a bane of doom for affliction (meaning that it cannot not be spread around to all targets anymore) ?
    The wording on the spell is not clear for me (but maybe it's because i am not english)
    If so, they just turned us into shadow priests, only two dots to spread, a channeling filler ( malefic grasp being our mind flay :/)

Where's the fun with playing an affliction Lock in MOP (no haunt anymore, soul swapping only two dots :/)

I can see the fun for people playing pvp right now as the new spells or abilities seem REALLY cool, it's OK as i pvp quite a lot too, but as far as pve is concerned, i am REALLY annoyed and disapointed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Definitely. As I see it it will probably be something like used where you stand + Where you target the ground afterwards. Could also be twice targeting.
    What I however think will be really funny is Demonic teleport = 70 yards. Demonic circle teleport = 40 yards.
    EDIT; Thinking about it the "where u stand" part probably wouldnt work since you would teleport yourself instantly :<
    Target the same place twice and listen to the sound of infinity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Blizzard is known for using ridiculous tooltip damage on spells during alpha/beta when they don't care about damage yet until the design phase has been completed
    It's not ridiculous. It actually completely jives with the scaling from 85 > 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raahzel View Post
    Hello,

Is it me or bane of agony just turned into a bane of doom for affliction (meaning that it cannot not be spread around to all targets anymore) ?
    The wording on the spell is not clear for me (but maybe it's because i am not english)
    If so, they just turned us into shadow priests, only two dots to spread, a channeling filler ( malefic grasp being our mind flay :/)

Where's the fun with playing an affliction Lock in MOP (no haunt anymore, soul swapping only two dots :/)

I can see the fun for people playing pvp right now as the new spells or abilities seem REALLY cool, it's OK as i pvp quite a lot too, but as far as pve is concerned, i am REALLY annoyed and disapointed...
    No, you are correct. Affliction uses UA and Corruption, Destruction has Immolate and Corruption, and Demonology has only Corruption when it comes to multi-dotting. The one minute duration of BoA and BoD effectively remove them from being considered a part of the 'normal' rotation against a single target putting them in with longer term cooldowns and such. When GC said the 'ideal' number of abilities a class should be using was 4; this is the result; a total gutting and dumbing down of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    It's not ridiculous. It actually completely jives with the scaling from 85 > 90.
    We don't know anything about that scaling yet (squeeze or no squeeze), and Blizzard would never settle on an uneven number such as 1.7 for a filler nuke. It's more likely the cast time is for low level, and the damage is either placeholder, or lvl 90 values incorporated with the lower level cast time perhaps due to it being easier/faster than adding the damage for each ability they have at aquired level (numbers they likely may not even have begun working on yet).

Also as previous stated, this "talent calculator" is in an extremly rough state atm, and several vital things are missing from basically every class.
    Last edited by Micke; 2011-11-23 at 02:50 PM.

With the talents to reduce cast times being taken out, we don't know that blizz wouldn't make the cast time a base 1.7 sec cast. That's the problem with the majority of what we've seen so far, we're filling in the gaps in our knowledge with previous trends, when blizzard are actively changing what we know about the game, and talents, and how they interlock as a whole. Basically, it's extremely hard to draw any conclusions, or make any sweeping statements, such as "blizzard are ....." or "they won't......" because right now, we don't know, and we'll continue to not know until they either tell us more, or we get to play the beta ourselves.

I do believe some stuff is missing, judging by the priest talent doing something or other to Mind Spike, but MS being missing from the list of abilities and talents

Keep in mind people that blizzard stated that they wanted to make the stats more equal so beginners would have en easier choice picking their gear.
    - Intellect will be brought down closer to secondar stat levels
    - Secondary stat levels will be brough closer together

So if you think about it, it does make sense that they are giving a lot of abilities less cast time and giving talents that decreases cast time of XX since this will help in bringing haste down.

It is quite obvious Soul Fire wont have a 2 second base casttime. We wont be spamming instant Soul Fires sub 25%, and that stacking shit wouldnt stack to 40 for a 4 sec decrease, if it had a 2 sec base casttime.

Though we will probably not see it reach 40 stacks anyway due to haste getting soul fire below 4 sec anyway, but I guess you'd have to have the same base atleast but /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    What I didn't see yet or may have read past, is that INfernal/Doomguard are now 1 minute duration, 10 min cooldown

Also in regards to Blizz curtailing our dotting, I think Blizz is putting it's foot down on multi dotting, I came across druids Insect Swarm, and it only increases other damage, and is only useable on 1 target too. I think our multi dotting days are over

I was just thinking Affliction is going to be 100% DoT damage (WTB dark intent back) and mastery increases it by 1,63% per point of mastery, why do I just see mastery being nerfed for affliction? :P

Quote Originally Posted by noaim View Post
    It is quite obvious Soul Fire wont have a 2 second base casttime. We wont be spamming instant Soul Fires sub 25%, and that stacking shit wouldnt stack to 40 for a 4 sec decrease, if it had a 2 sec base casttime.
    You're confusing two talents in two trees. Demonology reduces soul fire to a base 2 seconds. Destruction's talent has pet attacks reduces the cast time of soul fire from 4-instant

Quote Originally Posted by Xeorm View Post
    You're confusing two talents in two trees. Demonology reduces soul fire to a base 2 seconds. Destruction's talent has pet attacks reduces the cast time of soul fire from 4-instant
    No, I am not confusing anything. Ofc, with Decimation, it will have a 2 second cast time, but to call those 2 seconds for "base" cast time is just wrong, as it will not have a 2 second cast time anymore for 30 seconds if used above 25% hp. It has a 4 second base cast time, Decimation reduces this to 2 seconds but bumps it back up to 4 for 30 seconds, if used above 25%. The previous post said "Soul Fire is now a 2 second cast time" (the one I argue against). If it had been said it was 2 secs base for Demonology, then it could pass as different interpretation, but that wasnt the case, so I just wanted to make it clear that it will in no way have a 2 second base cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    It doesn't start with any charges. You can put it underneath you and hang out for 14 seconds before you gotta move, 'cause on that 15th second it gains its first charge.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I wouldnt care too much about the short cast time of SB, this spell is obtained very early and the cast time of certain spells like this changes with higher levels today already. Also Fireball and Frostbolt have a 1.5 second cast time (trained at lvl 10) and i dont think this is intended and not suspect to change.