Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2011 Reader's Choice Awards.

http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/w...cid=25&gid=124

GW2 is lagging seriously behind. Vote for GW2 for the Most Anticipated MMO, Best Gameplay, and Best Graphics.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

It's just a popularity contest and since GW2 hasn't been in the news for a while it will lose that contest.

Never heard of readers choice awards, so i could care less who really wins it... but in all honesty, does the game you're favoring really have to win for it to be more epic? If you enjoy the game, it shouldn't matter whether or not it wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol who reads those sites other than ppl waiting for the next f2p mmo anyway? also how come they can vote for some games that aren't even out in categories such as best p2p game or the best MMO...

Out of the top 6 most anticipated MMOs currently, I only know one of those (Firefall)... Very surprised GW2 is in 7th and SWTOR is in 12th though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's just a popularity contest and since GW2 hasn't been in the news for a while it will lose that contest.
    This exactly.With Gamescom,Pax and G-Star behind us there has not been a lot of info coming out about Guild Wars 2.I look at this as a good thing because anytime there is a gap in info we will usually get some huge information when they post it.Like the 8th profession for starters,beta test date etc.

Right now Star Wars The Old Republic is gearing up to go live next month and a lot of focus is on Bioware.I'm willing to bet ArenaNet will release some new info soon.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

You're all a bunch of negative Nancies. Vote for the freakin' game already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    You're all a bunch of negative Nancies. Vote for the freakin' game already.
    Rofl, you sound like me talking to my computer screen! I tend to say shit out loud and confuse my poor hubby. XD

But yeah, all those MMOs are just dust in the wind to me, while GW2 will be my oasis of gameplay once it hits shelves (well, we'll be ordering ours but you get the picture).
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2011-11-23 at 07:21 PM.

Wait, hold on. It's an award for 2011 on a game that isn't out in 2011? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hells yes it is! <3

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    less intelligent and troubling questions, and more voting.

it's a readers' award for a website i don't even read, don't care

I don't think this site has any real standing or prestige, these titles mean nothing except to the people they cater too which incidentally are the ones that are voting.
    For example, Website hypes a game, members of that site vote the game up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    eh figure i'll vote anyways

Anyone notice the overwhelming representation of well-endowed females for these games? Not that I'm complaining. Boobage!

I'm quite sure those are fake stats, anyone and their grandmother can vote and sh.. bots are everywhere

Brawl Busters leading in almost every category with almost x3 votes than 2nd game

The whole vote is just a joke. Most of these games arent even MMOs (unless you count 8v8 as massive), and the majority of them look very subpar in production quality. SW:TOR having pretty much no votes while GW2 has near the same votes as Wolf Team? Yeah, this poll isn't going to be taken seriously

Best of all is under the category of "Most Classic MMO" the leading vote getter is a game called Cross Fire.

To wit~

"Cross Fire is an online, military-themed, first-person shooter for the PC."

Oh yea that most def. sounds like a classical MMO over the last 12 years. XD
    Last edited by Fencers; 2011-11-27 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Out of the top 6 most anticipated MMOs currently, I only know one of those (Firefall)... Very surprised GW2 is in 7th and SWTOR is in 12th though.
    I thought the developers for Firefall didn't want to call it an MMO either? Hmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The validity of this "Readers Choice Awards" is pretty weak. GW2 isn't even coming out this year.