Page 1 of 3
LastLast

World Of Warcraft TV commercial: Aubrey PLaza

I thought this was pretty funny.

Yes you can mine diamonds. http://www.wowhead.com/item=12800
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems more appropriate as a Minecraft commercial honestly.

Couldn't help but to think "Who?"

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

The funny point of this videos is:
    A celebrity representing a class (didn't see one in the video).
    An ingame character look like the Celeb and then do stuff ingame (didn't see that either).

Horribly failed imo.
    Also who is she.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Miles better than the stupid Chuck Norris one. What is it, 1999?

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't even include a single bit of anything that vaguely resembled gameplay, even the Chuck Norris ad managed to do that.

If this brings anyone into the game, I will start wearing a hat and then eat it.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

To the people saying HURR DURR THERE'S NO WOW SHOWN: NOT EVERY COMMERCIAL FOR WOW HAS OR HAS TO SHOW IT.

Thank you, Julie.

...I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Shes an actress who plays on a sitcom called "Parks and Recreation"

funny show, adorable girl. Jsut needs gameplay and Id think it would be pretty good, ya know, some female character in the tux outfit with a ton of pets or something :P
    "We are but simple mortals. We don’t have magical cosmic powers than can alter the fabric of the universe. We just have our equipment, the strength to carry it and the skill to use it."
    ::Grundy - Protection Warrior::

Knowledge is power, power corrupts. By this philosophy, school is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesarsalidus View Post
    Shes an actress who plays on a sitcom called "Parks and Recreation"

funny show, adorable girl. Jsut needs gameplay and Id think it would be pretty good, ya know, some female character in the tux outfit with a ton of pets or something :P
    And Julie Powers in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, if you've seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EQuestions View Post
    To the people saying HURR DURR THERE'S NO WOW SHOWN: NOT EVERY COMMERCIAL FOR WOW HAS OR HAS TO SHOW IT.
    Then how is it a WoW commercial? Also, I don't recall ever seeing a commercial with actual gameplay in it. Hell, if she hadn't said that she was playing WoW, I would have assumed it was a Minecraft ad.

No, Chuck Norris bladestorming through a wall and Mr. T throwing grenades at people does not count as gameplay.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea who that lady is, but it is a fun ad !
    http://rediscoverreading.wordpress.com/

Imagination is better than knowledge - Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Then how is it a WoW commercial? Also, I don't recall ever seeing a commercial with actual gameplay in it. Hell, if she hadn't said that she was playing WoW, I would have assumed it was a Minecraft ad.

No, Chuck Norris bladestorming through a wall and Mr. T throwing grenades at people does not count as gameplay.
    Did you not read what I wrote or just fail to comprehend it? Just because they don't show any World of Warcraft footage (slapped together or gameplay) doesn't mean it's not a WoW commercial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EQuestions View Post
    Did you not read what I wrote or just fail to comprehend it? Just because they don't show any World of Warcraft footage (slapped together or gameplay) doesn't mean it's not a WoW commercial.
    OH, so you think a barely known celebrity in an empty room saying they play the game is an effective way of advertising a product.

Calm down junior.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

WTB Vin Diesel in next commercial. Dunno if he still does, but I know for certain he used to play WoW

Deleted
    This one is crap. It's boring, even she looks bored, it further promotes the idea that gamers are antisocial pricks and shows no in-game footage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Same here - had to look her up, but still, I have no idea lmao

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    This one is crap. It's boring, even she looks bored, it further promotes the idea that gamers are antisocial pricks and shows no in-game footage.
    I'm pretty sure that's the point... She's acting just like her character from Scott Pilgrim acts. Even the censor bar that appearing over her mouth is something that happened a bit in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    OH, so you think a barely known celebrity in an empty room saying they play the game is an effective way of advertising a product.

Calm down junior.
    Just because you don't know who she is doesn't make her not a celebrity. She's been in movies and TV shows, she's a celebrity. And that's your opinion that this isn't an effective way of advertising the product, you don't have a single clue nor do I as to their intentions.

By using her, they could be trying to get fans of her (assuming female) that don't play. A female is probably more likely to play after seeing her rather than seeing a washed up old actor.