10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Takes really good muta control, though.

1 unlucky fungle...
    Yea... Mutas are sooo risky.
    You can lose too much army supply and resources way too quickly if you are not careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

can't believe idra lost that series vs nestea. he beat himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    can't believe idra lost that series vs nestea. he beat himself.
    Nothing out of the ordinary then. That game with Puzzle was hillarious, people are really hating on the amateurs but a GSL protoss got artosis pyloned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly didn't expect a guy like Leenock to get that far in the tournament, didn't even consider him winning it

MLG was truly awesome, I loved it.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I caught the finals and they were dissapointing again. I've yet to see most of it as I was at i44 and was watching the IPL4 qualifiers on the last day. Stephano just killed everyone again.

White-Ra is truely a gentleman though, me and my mate were watching him practice. He turns around says "watch this" plays the most amazing game of PvZ i've ever seen and after he wins turn around and says "Pretty good yeah?"

White-Ra's view on 1/1/1 = "Why is this shit so hard to kill?"
    Last edited by Alraml; 2011-11-22 at 08:27 PM.

Can I ask; why does everyone slag off battlecruisers?

Late game, fucking mental survivability. Literally, they just refuse to die. The damage is good but the main thing is they can take such an insane amount of beating. But all I see on forums is 'BCs are useless!!!'.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post

Late game, fucking mental survivability. Literally, they just refuse to die. The damage is good but the main thing is they can take such an insane amount of beating. But all I see on forums is 'BCs are useless!!!'.
    The issue is by the time you get BCs the other player will likely have upgrades. Upgrades hurt BCs pretty badly(Since they attack fast).

Also, for their cost, they don't do that much damage. Compared to, say, marines.(Though they do amazing damage per supply)

Because they get hardcountered by vikings/corruptors, they're fine in TvT but they require you to have complete air control.
    Against toss they're also fine I guess, but when you're at the point where you can throw up 4 starports, a fusion core and start making BC's you'll be better off just killing him with anything else that's far less risky.

Hey guys, another quick question if you don't mind (for those wondering, I've played SC2 for a month or so, but it's my first ever RTS so obviously theres a lot to work around. That said, I'm currently rank 11 bronze, so I'm not doing horribly for a total noob).

Late game, what do I do? Early-midgame I get. Playing protoss, like to get 4 gate and move dark templars near to the base to harass any expansions and/or move in if they have no detectors bla bla bla. However, obviously this fails sometimes, especially with terran and their scanner sweep thing. So then it goes to the midgame and eventually to the late game, where everyone is 200/200. Now, here I always end up losing, and I have literally no idea why.

I just don't know what I'm meant to be doing late game. Usually end up with 3-4 expansions and I have so many resources coming in that they stop being anything to worry about. So what do I do from here? Do I go with like 200 smaller units (saw someone do something close to that with marines) or go for the bigger ones, or a mix or what? Is it better to go with loads of stalkers, the problem being obviously that they pile ontop of eachother and take ages to spread out ect. Or should I go for aerial control? Or just go with the huge units, like an entire army of colossus'?

I'm just a bit confused as to what to do here and any tips at all would be welcome for the late game, because I always end up losing at this point. Like I said, I'm mostly playing protoss but any advice at all would help.

Thanks,
    DDE
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.

Deleted
    Hey guys, another quick question if you don't mind (for those wondering, I've played SC2 for a month or so, but it's my first ever RTS so obviously theres a lot to work around. That said, I'm currently rank 11 bronze, so I'm not doing horribly for a total noob).

Late game, what do I do? Early-midgame I get. Playing protoss, like to get 4 gate and move dark templars near to the base to harass any expansions and/or move in if they have no detectors bla bla bla. However, obviously this fails sometimes, especially with terran and their scanner sweep thing. So then it goes to the midgame and eventually to the late game, where everyone is 200/200. Now, here I always end up losing, and I have literally no idea why.

I just don't know what I'm meant to be doing late game. Usually end up with 3-4 expansions and I have so many resources coming in that they stop being anything to worry about. So what do I do from here? Do I go with like 200 smaller units (saw someone do something close to that with marines) or go for the bigger ones, or a mix or what? Is it better to go with loads of stalkers, the problem being obviously that they pile ontop of eachother and take ages to spread out ect. Or should I go for aerial control? Or just go with the huge units, like an entire army of colossus'?

I'm just a bit confused as to what to do here and any tips at all would be welcome for the late game, because I always end up losing at this point. Like I said, I'm mostly playing protoss but any advice at all would help.

Thanks,
    DDE
    against terran or zerg a good bet would be colossi and/or high templar. As a protoss myself they are useless against other protoss' however, and I find immortals to be MUCH better vs protoss than pretty much any other toss unit.

So, I just bought this game are the Protoss any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    So, I just bought this game are the Protoss any good?
    All races are viable, it's just about what fit's your playstyle. But yeah, protoss are great especially when learning the basics.

Then again, when first starting out it's anything but zerg which is a major mindfuck of wtf is going ons.

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by explosion987 View Post
    against terran or zerg a good bet would be colossi and/or high templar. As a protoss myself they are useless against other protoss' however, and I find immortals to be MUCH better vs protoss than pretty much any other toss unit.
    The problem with colossi is no targetting air units can be really annoying when they just use them to rape your face. Maybe if I mixed them with high templars? I dunno, I find getting aerial dominance as protoss really hard because we have nothing like vikings, a small inexpensive air unit that you can pump out at an insane rate. Should I supplement my colossi/HT army with anything? I generally like a few DTs for taking out expansions and cus they sex me up, its aerial dominance late in the game that I have trouble with (vikings and banshees raping me).

Deleted
    All races are viable, it's just about what fit's your playstyle. But yeah, protoss are great especially when learning the basics.

Then again, when first starting out it's anything but zerg which is a major mindfuck of wtf is going ons.

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 11:45 PM ----------

The problem with colossi is no targetting air units can be really annoying when they just use them to rape your face. Maybe if I mixed them with high templars? I dunno, I find getting aerial dominance as protoss really hard because we have nothing like vikings, a small inexpensive air unit that you can pump out at an insane rate. Should I supplement my colossi/HT army with anything? I generally like a few DTs for taking out expansions and cus they sex me up, its aerial dominance late in the game that I have trouble with (vikings and banshees raping me).
    stalkers will be fine for any air units. the only troubling air unit vs protoss is mutalisks, you will just need to outnumber/outupgrade them with stalkers... otherwise all is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking about buying a US key to play with my american friends, does anybody know of any region switcher of some sort?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I've been thinking about buying a US key to play with my american friends, does anybody know of any region switcher of some sort?
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=139082

SC2 Map Editor - Apparently I'm Just An Idiot

Well I was bored recently and I used to make maps easily in SC1. It was fun and you could do some neat things with the editor so after playing SC2 for a little while I figured I wanted to try to make a map.

Oh boy.. this map editor either hates me or I'm just a dipshit. It definitely isn't as easy or simple as the SC1 Map Editor, I'll give it that much. I want to work on a Custom UMS map (do they still call them that? or just Custom?)

I go to File>New, Document Type: Map, Dependencies: Custom, I select the multi one, click ok, it creates.

I click on Units, the Terrain just goes black... I don't know if there's a Fog Of War option I'm missing, perhaps I just can't find it but the terrain area just simply goes black. I can still place units and see them on the minimap but just blackness for me. I'm guessing it's a Fog Of War option but I'll be damned to know where it's at and all the tutorials on this editor are on an older version because mine looks nothing like theirs.

Another thing, let's say.. you place a unit on the map and you want to unselect it from placing another unit and you want to select the unit you just placed and move it around, how do you do this?

Example: I place a Thor, the cursor becomes a Thor as if you want to place another one, I don't know how to deselect it so I can click the original Thor I placed.

We'll start with those questions for now. If this thing is as big a pain in the ass as it's seemed to be so far, I probably just won't bother touching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else suffer from a "boxing syndrome" after playing SC2?

I mean when I sit down and do anything on a computer I start boxing the icons
    on the desktop. Same with random text on a random website, i start boxing it!

Another maybe unrelated symptom is that after every loading screen I try to split
    my drones which in most cases don't exist.

I recently started playing SCII's multiplayer again and I'm up to gold with protoss and terren (still pretty bad with terren and terrible with zerg). I'm trying to learn all the races so eventually I can start playing random, which seems pretty fun.

For you terren players; my favorite build is MMM (skill, I know :P) and I'm somewhat confused on what time I should be expanding. I usually build a CC around ~8 min mark game time. Should I expand earlier/later? Any insight would be helpful

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently took my S6 placement match, guess what rank I got after stomping a bronze?

SILVER! ;_; Why!? I was mid-high placed in gold last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that play team games are highly amusing. Had a garbage Terran player as a teammate in one game and we lose because he thought it'd be smart to run down our ramp and engage two armies in an open area, so that they can get a nice big concave and really maximize those Force Fields. Blames me for the loss because I refused to run down and suicide with him. Unsurprisingly, I managed to kill the majority of their combined armies before they finally took control of our ramp. He still insists that I'm a "faggot noob" and that I'm why we lost. Whatever.

Next game, he's on the opposing team. My zerg partner expands aggressively all game long, leaving me to mostly 1v2 their army for a large part of the game. I'm unable to expand much due to needing to keep a high unit count, but that's what resource sharing is for. Eventually my partner maxes on ultralisks and mutalisks (dude was on five bases), with 3/5 Ultralisks and 2/0 Mutalisks. I was eventually able to expand once his mutas were taking some of the pressure off me, and had a 3/1/3 Gateway/Robo mix with a few Colossi.

My partner finally says it's okay to attack now that he's maxed, so we attack. That asshat Terran from last game? He has 1/0 infantry and 0/0 tanks/vikings at 24 minutes. His partner at least had 0/2 Roaches. I looked at his resources tab after we crushed them, and he was on 2 bases with only 31 workers total. I politely informed him that upgrades are critical and that he needs 30 workers per base for saturation (24 on minerals, 6 on gas)... and that, by time he can secure a third he probably won't need a full 30 for his third, he could just transfer some workers from his main (which, by that point in the game, will begin to be looking a little thin.)

He told me to "stfu fag" and logged off.

sigh.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow