Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The "this is just beta" excuse got old the second someone first uttered that non-sense. If you've ever been in any other beta for any other game, you know that when the game gets to the point where it's extremely easy to obtain access to the beta (eg. 175,000+ beta keys given away), that you're more or less looking at the version you'll see at launch.

As for lag I only played for a few hours today but I stopped playing because it had gotten to the point where for minutes on end I couldn't even loot things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had no lag at all the entire weekend from Germany. The black screen you get when changing detail settings is normal, just wait a minute for the game to reload the textures.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I was going to make a long, drawn-out post, basically explaining what an idiot you were...but I think your post does a good enough job of that, OP.

I really don't know how else to explain the concept of B E T A to you. I'm seriously at a loss for words.

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    The "this is just beta" excuse got old the second someone first uttered that non-sense. If you've ever been in any other beta for any other game, you know that when the game gets to the point where it's extremely easy to obtain access to the beta (eg. 175,000+ beta keys given away), that you're more or less looking at the version you'll see at launch.

As for lag I only played for a few hours today but I stopped playing because it had gotten to the point where for minutes on end I couldn't even loot things.
    /facepalm

I swear I've been in every MMO beta for every major MMO since freaking UO. Beta is beta. It is NOT live. It is NOT the final version. If you guys think this beta is terrible because of lag and whatnot, you've obviously never beta'd more than, say, WoW. Especially since the ENTIRE PURPOSE of this current beta is to STRESS TEST their servers. Stress test = guaranteed lag for some people. Not that hard to figure out.

And with you gone, that's one less person in the queues to get on. Thank you for your selflessness!

Deleted
    i have played alot the last two days and i havent Experienced any lag at all.

Deleted
    Servers are very stable. Only minimal lag for me. When i think about the WoW Beta. This Beta is perfect.

Of course there are some bugs. But that is just normal and will get fixed.

Deleted
    I'm french and I've been playing on an US server for 3 hours believing it was an EU one so... yeah there is really no lag at all

I've been patching all day ._.

Deleted
    The only problem now is getting black screen and loading all textures from time to time or completely crash of computer:P
    No lags, no problems at all.

My server was full
    running with every setting maxed
    no lag
    problem? (troll face)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

Deleted
    They intentionally made a disproportional ammount of servers compared to invited beta players in order to stress test the servers. These problems are nonexisting under normal circumstances and the results from this stress test should allow measures to be taken (player limits per server if time doesnt allow any other fix) to prevent these problems from occuring at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I can't even log in, my PLAY button on my launcher is grayed out. Apparently a lot of people have this problem.

Judging by a majority of opinions I am seeing, it seems that this game is pretty fail.
    (In before someone quotes this saying that they think it is totally awesome and that this is the best game ever and complainers are just idiots)
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=654386

I played a bit just now, and even though I only played for half an hour, I could tell this game was not for me. I already played the mass effects several times, so the dialogue system at this point is just a pain to have to use AGAIN. The game feels just so clunky. Not laggy, just very unsmooth.

I pumped the graphics as high as it would allow me and they still looked worse than WoW. The combat was fast (maybe only because I was playing as a Trooper, a ranged rogueish class), but it had no thought. You just spammed one button every GCD (no cooldown, pretty much the auto attack of the class, yet you need to hit the button to use it), and you never had to worry about your health because you get an entire self heal and energy regeneration you can use after combat, with no cooldown.

I'll just keep waiting until Guild Wars 2, I guess. I already knew that a part of me really believed ToR was going to fall on its face.
    so.... you can tell if a game is worth playing based off 30mins of gameplay? amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    Every North American Server is full and has a que. True Story.
    They added several new servers about an hour ago to alleviate some of the queue problems. I have a L20 Commando on The Leviathan server that I just can't play because the queue is several hours long. Now I have a L20 Jedi Shadow on Keetael and haven't sat in queue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox165 View Post
    so.... you can tell if a game is worth playing based off 30mins of gameplay? amazing.
    I don't personally feel this way of course, but you can't knock on him for that. Unless you're saying everyone must play a game for 10 hours before deciding if they like playing or not.

Judging by a majority of opinions I am seeing, it seems that this game is pretty fail.
    Astounding. Trying to use a "majority" pulled out of thin air in order to appease your frustration. What's even more astounding is your ignorance. You haven't even played it and you labeled it as "pretty fail", not to mention the fact that this was a stress test.

I for one, haven't encountered ANY of the problems mentioned. And I give you my word (even though it doesn't really matter, as I pointed out due to it being a stress test). Lag? 120 ms, playing from Romania on US servers (if you're running on a dial-up connection, maybe mmos are not for you). No spikes whatsoever. Queue? Yes, you're gonna stand in queue if you're looking to play on the same server each time you login, but it seemed pointless to me, as I was merely testing out classes and stuff. Don't think I've gotten past level 16 on any of the characters I've made, though. However, I've seen A LOT of beta footage. A LOT.

I played a bit just now, and even though I only played for half an hour, I could tell this game was not for me. I already played the mass effects several times, so the dialogue system at this point is just a pain to have to use AGAIN. The game feels just so clunky. Not laggy, just very unsmooth.

I pumped the graphics as high as it would allow me and they still looked worse than WoW. The combat was fast (maybe only because I was playing as a Trooper, a ranged rogueish class), but it had no thought. You just spammed one button every GCD (no cooldown, pretty much the auto attack of the class, yet you need to hit the button to use it), and you never had to worry about your health because you get an entire self heal and energy regeneration you can use after combat, with no cooldown.

I'll just keep waiting until Guild Wars 2, I guess. I already knew that a part of me really believed ToR was going to fall on its face.
    1. I've heard this "clunky"-ness thing hundreds of times the past few weeks. Before I got to play the game, it really got to me. I thought that combat was really "clunky" because everyone said so. Wow's combat system is smooth, fluid. TOR's combat system is the same, only more lively due to the lack of auto-attack. Gives you more control over the battle.

2. Graphics worse than Wow's? Running a 10 yo configuration will do that, probably. Graphics are amazing, if you've got enough juice to max everything out.

3. Game "has no thought"? Fighting level 1 k'lor'slugs can do that. Try moving past those.

4. "I'll just keep waiting until Guild Wars 2, I guess. I already knew that a part of me really believed ToR was going to fall on its face." - I noticed this phrase too late, or I wouldn't have replied. This one just outed you as a troll.

//All in all, I'm not going to comment on TOR competing with <random mmo>, I'm just going to say that the experience I had while testing it out, made me fall in love with it. For me, it's above any other mmo I've ever played. If you're going to hate on it, make sure you do so within the boundaries of common sense. For example, you might hate it because you hate Star Wars, as I will never play wow again because of pandas, even though I'm not saying the game is bad. At all.
    Last edited by Legion; 2011-11-27 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    Europe here. Played for around 20 hours on friday and saturday together. My husband too. Hardly had any lag. Game hung up on me twice and once I was DC-ed when a conversation started. That was all. Very very smooth beta! And tons of fun