Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Season 13-14 Transition FAQ and Guide

Questions answered in this Sticky:
    - When does season 13 end and when does season 14 start?
    - What title will I get?
    - What new gear will be available for honor and when?
    - What new gear will be available for conquest and when?
    - Will new crafted PVP gear be available?
    - What is going to happen to the conquest points I have saved?
    - How much honor can I save for next season?
    - What will happen to my various Arena and Rated Battleground ratings?
    - What will I be able to do in the down week between seasons?
    - How can I best prepare my character for the next season of PVP?

If you have any questions not covered here please feel free post.

Q: When does Season 13 end and when does Season 14 start?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    A: This is yet to be announced. The time between Season 13 finishing and Season 14 starting is 1 week. This gives Blizzard time to decide who is eligible for titles and rewards.

Source:

Q: What title will I get?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    A: Arena titles are awarded based on your teams % ranking in 3v3 and 5v5 Arena on your battlegroup, titles are not awarded in 2s.

Title Standing Percentiles:
    • Tyrannical Gladiator - Rank 1
    • Gladiator - 0.5%
    • Duelist - 0.5% - 3.0%
    • Rival - 3% - 10%
    • Challenger - 10% - 35%

Arena Title Calculator: TBA

For Hero of the Horde and Hero of the Alliance titles, your personal rated battleground rating needs to be in the top 0.5%.

For more information on how titles are awarded I recommend visiting this thread on Arenajunkies.com: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/83...adiator-title/

Q: What new gear will be available for honor and when?
    A: When Season 13 ends the existing iLvl 496 Tyrannical conquest gear will become available for honor points for one week. When Season 14 begins, one week later, new Season 14 gear will become available for honor replacing the 496 Tyrannical gear on vendors.

New Honor gear: TBA

Q: What new gear will be available for conquest and when?
    A: When Season 14 starts new conquest gear will become available. Like the previous seasons there will be an elite version of the gear with cosmetic differences available for players with 2200+ ratings in 3v3, 5v5 or Rated Battlegrounds.

New Conquest gear: TBA

Q: Will new crafted PVP gear be available?
    A: Yes, crafted gear is normally updated to ease the transition for freshly dinged 90s from questing greens to honor gear.

New Conquest gear: TBA

Q: What is going to happen to the conquest points I have saved?
    A: When Season 13 ends all conquest points will be converted into honor points, even if this puts you above the 4,000 honor point cap. During the down week between seasons you can spend the excess honor (the honor above 4,000) if you choose to. If you do not spend your excess honor it will be converted into gold when Season 14 starts.

If you already have full Tyrannical gear and don't want the gold, a good alternative is to convert the excess honor into justice points. It's important to note though that this conversion has a cost to it on both ends, 375 honor gives you 250 justice points and 375 justice points gives you 250 honor.

Q: How much honor can I save for next season?
    A: You can only directly carry over 4,000 honor points into the new season, however by using justice points as an additional means of honor storage as I mentioned in the previous question you can effectively store an additional 2,500 honor, for an effective total of 6,500.

Q: What will happen to my various Arena and Rated Battleground ratings?
    A: When Season 14 begins your RBG and Arena team ratings will be reset. Matchmaking rating (MMR) will not be reset.

Q: What will I be able to do in the down week between seasons?
    A: You will be able to participate in random battlegrounds and will still be able to queue Wargames. Rated Arena matches and Rated Battlegrounds will not be available during the down week.

Q: How can I best prepare my character for the next season of PVP?
    A: My personal recommendations on how to prepare your character for Season 14 are as follows:

- Buy your PVP weapon enchant now, that is 1000 conquest you can save next season. You could potentially buy 2-3 so you never have to worry about purchasing one. (Note: This might not be work and might get removed).

- Max out your justice and honor points, combined they will give you 6500 available honor points to buy new gear with in Season 14 - if the Season 14 honor gear is an upgrade for Season 13 Conquest gear.

- Buy all the gems and enchants you need now, that way when you buy a new piece of gear you can gem and enchant it on the spot, throw it on and hop right back into the queue to farm more honor.

- Complete the "Victory in Tol Barad" weekly quest, and turn it in after Season 14 starts. You can still only complete this once during the first week of Season 14, but it will provide you with a quick 200 honor boost without the need to actually fight the battle. Just make sure you spend some honor before you turn in the quest!

I hope you found this FAQ and brief guide helpful, if you have any questions I did not answer please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them for you. If you have any additional suggestions for how players can best prepare themselves for Season 14 please post them as well!

Sources:
    www.wowhead.com
    www.wowpedia.org
    The Public Test Realms

Mod Edit: Updated Sticky for S13-S14 transition - Snuggli
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-27 at 04:11 AM.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Deleted
    Good job, i totally forgot to buy head and shoulder enchants in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget about using your TB commendations for Head/Shoulder enchant if you still happen to have some.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    TB daylies help a lot if you don't want to grind the 3000 honor (or 6000 if you have 2 pvp specs). And they award money!

I am looking forward to the new season. Now to find me a Warlock for 2s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good post, thank you a lot for compiling this information. Thumbs up!

Personally I am very much looking forward to season 11 in hopes of it being better than this season has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good guide, now if only people would read it before posting.

Great guide! Couple of questions though.

Let's say on Wednesday 11/30/2011, You said you can spend the excess 4k Honor Points will the BGs allow you to go over the 4k cap as well?
    Let's say you have 4.5k JP and 5.2k HP during the down week. Could you trade the JP into HP or would it say you already have max honor points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmfao View Post

Let's say on Wednesday 11/30/2011, You said you can spend the excess 4k Honor Points will the BGs allow you to go over the 4k cap as well?
    Let's say you have 4.5k JP and 5.2k HP during the down week. Could you trade the JP into HP or would it say you already have max honor points?
    No, if you're over cap because of the conversion you cannot accrue any further honor before spending it to a point below the cap. Also, you cannot convert JP to HP when you're over the 4k cap either.

Racerover's response is exactly right. If the conquest to honor conversion puts you at or over the 4000 point cap you cannot gain/earn honor in any way/shape/form until you spend enough to put you below the cap.
    Last edited by Eldacar; 2011-11-28 at 06:13 AM.

awesome, too late for the tol'barad quest though >.<

awesome, too late for the tol'barad quest though >.<
    Well you want to save it for Dec 6th, so you can still save the one from next week.

Another question. Since BH is supposedly dropping new gear, During the "down week" could we run this dungeon and get the new loot before s11 starts?

Another question. Since BH is supposedly dropping new gear, During the "down week" could we run this dungeon and get the new loot before s11 starts?
    We don't have any hard info on this, but looking back to Occu'thar he was not available until Season 10 started, so in the absence of other information I am betting the new boss will work the same way and will not be available until Season 11 starts on Dec. 6th. We will not know for sure until the servers come back up following the patch and we can actually go look.

Deleted
    Nice FAQ/guide. Forgot to purchase head and shoulder enchant, so I might aswell do that.
    After having skipped last season I'm really looking forward to this one.

Does anybody know or remember if they let ppl keep their inflated CP cap for the week following the end of the season last patch? I know it wont carry over to the start of the next season since a week will pass reseting it but I was curious and hoping I could farm 2600 CP from bgs this week, even though I am doubtfull I will be able to.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lmfao View Post
    No new BH and VoA bosses aren't activated until the next pvp season starts. This is why we had to wait for some of them in the past.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Q: How are the rewards from random battlegrounds changing?

A: In patch 4.3 the daily random battelground reward is being changed to reward 100 conquest points for a win (up from 25), additionally every subsequent random battleground win after the first will reward 50 conquest points. There will be no limit to the amount of conquest points you can earn this way up to your weekly conquest cap.
    So will the conquest cap be the normal cap or the High rating cap?
    I dont know exact numbers so im going to make them up.
    Example: right now let's pretend the conquest cap is 1500. But after a 1600 rating or whatever it goes up, right? Let's say it goes up to 2000. Will the conquest from doing random bg's be 1500 or 2000 assuming that the player doesnt have a high rating?

I know this is a little unclear, and the numbers are just made up, but hopefully you understand.

So will the conquest cap be the normal cap or the High rating cap?
    I dont know exact numbers so im going to make them up.
    Example: right now let's pretend the conquest cap is 1500. But after a 1600 rating or whatever it goes up, right? Let's say it goes up to 2000. Will the conquest from doing random bg's be 1500 or 2000 assuming that the player doesnt have a high rating?

I know this is a little unclear, and the numbers are just made up, but hopefully you understand.
    We don't know for SURE, but it's highly likely the cap will just be whatever your cap for rated battlegrounds is, whether it is 1650 or 3000 shouldn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was able to purchase ruthless weapons on an alt today before s11 started. I was already over the initial s10 weapon honor cap, but was under the impression that ruthless weapons wouldn't be available yet. That being said, purchase them up before blizzard changes their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerover View Post
    I was able to purchase ruthless weapons on an alt today before s11 started. I was already over the initial s10 weapon honor cap, but was under the impression that ruthless weapons wouldn't be available yet. That being said, purchase them up before blizzard changes their minds.
    From the OP, working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    Q: What about weapons, whats the deal with those?

A: When Season 11 starts the old Season 10 ilvl 378 Ruthless weapons will be available for honor but will require that players first earn a total of 7,250 honor points in Season 11 before they will be eligible to purchase them. Additionally new ilvl 396 Cataclysmic weapons will become available for conquest but will require that players first earn a total of 7,800 conquest points in Season 11 before they will be eligible to purchase them. There will also be new ilvl 410 Elite weapons available for conquest points plus the turn in of the applicable 396 weapon, these elite weapons will require players to earn a total of 15,700 conquest points in season 11 and have a 2200+ rating in 3v3, 5v5, or Rated Battlegrounds before they will be eligible to purchase them.

During the down week between seasons the 378 ruthless weapons are available for honor, but require that you earned at least 7,250 honor during Season 10.
    Edit: Btw, thank you for the FAQ/Guide Eldacar.