JW:Sanc with 4pc in 10man

This is a crosspost, but I believe mods will agree with me that my original post is kind of in an awkward spot. This information will be good news to most people that play holy in 10 man.

Ran a sim under 10 man with sanc extended 33%. HPM / HPCT figures (adjusted by hand for echo, since simcraft does it funny):

Without echo:
    CoH: 11.6 HPM, 40.4k HPCT
    PoH: 13.7 HPM, 33.2k HPCT
    Sanc: 17.8 HPM, 120.6k HPCT

After adding echo in manually:
    CoH: 14.4 HPM, 50.3k HPCT
    PoH: 17.0 HPM, 41.3k HPCT
    Sanc: 22.1 HPM, 150.0k HPCT

I don't know if simcraft figures sanc's HPCT from a gcd, or a fractional gcd. Hopefully, a full GCD.

As you can see, simcraft is suggesting to me that sanc will be at least worth casting once in a while with the 4pc, even in 10man. Your sanc effic could be ~2 HPM lower or so, since I am mastery stacked. That is, sanc benefits from mastery but doesn't gain extra ticks from haste.

Times change. In 4.0 and 4.2 we knew that sanc had very limited usefulness in 10man. We only used it as a precast for spiking. In 4.3 it might be worth using that gcd to refresh sanc DURING aoe, a first.

Edit: as an afterthought, if precasting take the time to swap into IW, to make it even more appealing.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-12-03 at 12:14 AM.

I love JWord: Sanc
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Wonderful news. I was really hoping to play holy when I get to 85.

Sanc is amazing in 10 mans now. So many fights contain stacking and Sanc only costs ~8k mana. Madness of Deathwing I was basically using it every time it was off cooldown. With the 4set it is going to have an almost 100% uptime, 2 or 3 seconds without it. I'm new to playing Holy so I don't know how much it was ever used in FL, but I find it a great way to even regen mana, with simply putting it down and letting it heal while you stand there and regen.

Deleted
    Interesting. With what kind of gear is it? What about renew with the same stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by swayze View Post
    Sanc is amazing in 10 mans now. So many fights contain stacking and Sanc only costs ~8k mana. Madness of Deathwing I was basically using it every time it was off cooldown. With the 4set it is going to have an almost 100% uptime, 2 or 3 seconds without it. I'm new to playing Holy so I don't know how much it was ever used in FL, but I find it a great way to even regen mana, with simply putting it down and letting it heal while you stand there and regen.
    It only costs 6k mana in IW with 3/3 mental agi
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I love JWord: Sanc
    haha yeah! I bit my lower lip when I saw that typo

@sinn, I don't have numbers on renew right now but last time I looked it was 10HPM/30kHPCT. Shouldn't have changed much. As to what gear, my armory
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-12-03 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanctuary is fine to use even before the 4 set bonus in 10s, 4 set will just make the deal sweeter.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Sanctuary is fine to use even before the 4 set bonus in 10s, 4 set will just make the deal sweeter.
    Sure is pretty sweet on Madness!