Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow stat weights 4.3

Ok, i know it's a bit too early but, i'm a bit confused.

I've checked Kilee guide's, H2P.com (please stop advertise that site everytime), EJs and shadowpirest.com.

Everytime a different version on statweights.

Right now i'm stacking haste then Mastery, not yet hitcapped (shouldn't hitcap get a lower value because of no more delicious 4pct12?).

So...advices/experiences ?

Deleted
    Personally.

Hit to roughly 17%, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaste, then mastery.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ighest-Dps-Set

Is the set I'm using (not blindly copying, my maths also comes to the same conclusion and it's just easier to link that )

It will vary greatly depending on your gear. Several preliminary t13 bis sims have mastery being significantly ahead of both haste and crit, but I would not use those exact weights until your character approaches that gear level. Best option is to sim for yourself on patchwerk/healter-skelter and take an average between the two to get a general idea.

Deleted
    Those sims assume you have a certain level of haste before mastery become better, and thus are very misleading.

Long story short, wait for Kilee to tell us what to do ;p

Don't use the weights for t13 HM unless you're at that level of gear, it gives mastery/crit higher than haste because there isn't a breakpoint to reach for haste till 3200-3400 with DI, just run simcraft and use its weights for your own gear.

Deleted
    People should understand this is not like in WOTLK, where stats were quite static and you always knew what gems you should equip. In cataclysm there are lots of things that affect your damage and your stat weights so there is no "official right answer". So the best you can do is to run simcraft yourself and get your own stat weights. But if you're too lazy or you don't know how it works, you can follow the stat weights that suit best the most of times: 15-17% hit > haste > mastery > crit.

Btw, I runned a simcraft today with the last version of the program and I got these stats: hit > haste > crit >>> mastery.
    my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldarc/advanced

Hoping I'm not posting wrong info here, but:

DI does not affect the next sig. Haste breakpoint.

Sims should show Haste stat weights being less at values of 2900 and lower, but start rising at 2905 until 3202/3.

Just keep in mind that a chunk of that DPS gain from Haste stat weights won't apply until you actually break the 3202 barrier.

Simmed.

It says Crit > Haste=Hit >>> Mst.

Weird.

At this point, should i go full crit 'till next gear upgrade or going for crit but keeping the 2589 (or whatever it is) Hst rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Simmed.

It says Crit > Haste=Hit >>> Mst.

Weird.

At this point, should i go full crit 'till next gear upgrade or going for crit but keeping the 2589 (or whatever it is) Hst rating?
    I get very similar results at the moment. Personally though I am still prioritizing haste over crit though but taking crit over mastery. My reasoning for this is mostly that once I get rid of VPLC and my t12 2pc, I think the stat weights will right themselves again. Also, I am only just barely over 2859 haste at the moment and I do not want to lose that extra tick of VT in addition I am pushing for 3202.

Deleted
    Could the new results be down to the most recent change in simcraft? did something change with it's modelling?

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently simmed myself also, with results as Haste > Hit > Crit > Mastery. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person that saw a change in the priority of crit and mastery.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    Those sims assume you have a certain level of haste before mastery become better, and thus are very misleading.

Long story short, wait for Kilee to tell us what to do ;p
    I'm pretty sure Kilee quit the game.
    I'm just going for haste > mastery until I see something else.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kilee quit the game.
    I'm just going for haste > mastery until I see something else.
    Kilee most definitely did not quit the game.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

i'll try out how the simc priority will work in my raid run tomorrow.

But, something must be really wrong, Mastery affects all our sources of damage. I think that program is failing pretty hard.

More cit mind flays means more shadowfiends which means more 3x orb mind blasts with the t13 4set. Oh and state weightd are always different, that's why you do your own work and sim your own toon. Not have someone else spoon feed you info and tell you how to gear. this game is hard

Brilliant! orb shadowfiend!

Brilliant...

...wait. Didn't simmedi with 4pcT13. Didn't simmed with 2pcT13 either...

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    Don't use the weights for t13 HM unless you're at that level of gear, it gives mastery/crit higher than haste because there isn't a breakpoint to reach for haste till 3200-3400 with DI, just run simcraft and use its weights for your own gear.
    THIS
    Simcraft gives you numbers for your gear, asking on forums gives you numbers for BiS(probably with some guildies having the aoe haste proc staff too)

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Giantfoamhat View Post
    More cit mind flays means more shadowfiends which means more 3x orb mind blasts with the t13 4set. Oh and state weightd are always different, that's why you do your own work and sim your own toon. Not have someone else spoon feed you info and tell you how to gear. this game is hard
    Using simcraft isnt really hard....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    THIS
    Simcraft gives you numbers for your gear, asking on forums gives you numbers for BiS(probably with some guildies having the aoe haste proc staff too)
    True, but there is nothing wrong using our combined shadow priest wisdom to figure out what the trends are. It will be very useful for a lot of players to know, and Kilee and others have been great in providing this sort of thing: 'at gear level A, stat Y out-scales Z, but be aware that at point B (usually around average iLVL C), Z starts to do better than Y'.

That is incredibly useful for a lot of players that don't use simcraft everytime they get gear upgrades. I personally am still confused what these trends are in 4.3 going from 384 -> 397 -> 410, and would definitely like to know, so I can prepare a gearing strategy myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    I ran easily 20 simcraft simulations this weekend, varying from my priest's current gear, my end of firelands gear, and BiS (From what i can tell) T13 using about 4 gear sets prioritizing multiple stats to gain a value for best secondaries.

Each sim where haste was not the primary stat set-up in the gear came short of the numbers my current and post-FL gear simmed for (which is, within error, what my current applied damage is).

All sets prioritized hit cap of 17% (2 sets didn't need any reforging to hit/spirit, and 1 only needed 30 from a wand selection to max out) and were run for 50k iterations for the lulz.

The haste set came up with haste still being the best stat for gearing, with crit ahead of mastery (most likely because of more damage from 3orb MB and the crits being huge). It is also of note that in BiS heroic gear (though I did not run sims for, but will when i get a chance to build them) hitting the 3202 haste marker is not a far off idea, and could easily happen. The normal mode set ended up with approximately 3050 haste rating with room to up the rating a bit more with the right enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Kilee most definitely did not quit the game.
    Well I remember there was a commotion some time ago... and included the 4.2 bis list, so I didn't know exactly what was going on
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.