Deleted

Morchok Hc 10. Atonement or classic build?

Well, the title pretty much says it all. Do yout think is it worth it casting Smites and Holy fires on Morchok Hc or it would be better focusing on PoHs, GHs and Penances since the raid is splitted in 2 groups?
    Last edited by mmocc46c8e1895; 2011-12-05 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Don't think attonement is gonna viable for this fight, i'm guessing 2 healers, so you can't really rely on the other healer to carry you while you do low-hps smites. And Arch Angel is only so and so since there are no "burst" healing phases by the looks of it.

I think Attonement is gonna much more viable on the next 2 bosses, as they have burst phases and lull phases.

Deleted
    Well, I've seen a video where they kill this boss with 4 healers, not just 2 or even 3. Anyway, what you say about burst healing makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Well, I've seen a video where they kill this boss with 4 healers, not just 2 or even 3. Anyway, what you say about burst healing makes sense.
    I foresee a lot of people doing 2 tanks 4 heals initially on this fight. As more gear comes, it will be 2 healed. I would stay away from Atonement here. I just don't see it doing well on a 10 man fight, especially when you're only healing half of the raid.

Remember, all HC videos are from the PTR, and they've buffed the fights on live in comparison. I can't speak for the state of the heroic modes since they're not live until this week, but normal this past week was definitely buffed from the PTR versions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    normal this past week was definitely buffed from the PTR versions.
    I disagree. Seemed the exact same thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    I disagree. Seemed the exact same thing to me.
    I didn't say that it wasn't still easy, I said they buffed them, which is true. All of the bosses and adds have more health in live normal than they did on the PTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I would stay away from Atonement here. I just don't see it doing well on a 10 man fight, especially when you're only healing half of the raid.
    I'm pretty sure I will stay away from Atonement, but Atonement works great with other 10 man bosses such as Madness of Deathwing.

I'm pretty sure I will stay away from Atonement, but Atonement works great with other 10 man bosses such as Madness of Deathwing.
    That is only due to the Aspect buffs you receive on the platforms and the fact that the whole raid is stacked up for pretty much the whole encounter. It's another Halfus fight where you can use the mechanics to your advantage with Atonement.

Deleted
    I can't agree with you. I think Atonement spec is very useful at some 10 man encounters such as MoDW, Ultraxion, SoDW and mb even some other bosses.

Without knowing wtf will go live (just like everyone else) I was brainstorming and came up with....

So, I'm thinking (10m) of running with four healers for H.Morchok. Two teams of two using Disc/Pally and Disc/Sham (actually these are my only choices in our guild). Both Discs are going AA/A (looking for more dps hence the AA/A) and will be soaking the Stomp with the tank (presumes two closest targets still take 1$#% ton of damage), pre-shields and ensuring 100% Inspiration uptime on tank and themselves, healing through Binding Heal after stomp then switching to Smite/HF (if possible). The other healer is really there to cover the rest of the damage from stomps and Orbs. We do have a rogue that can Feint each Stomp which might be a better choice for one side.

Notice I said Smite/HF if possible, as many people presume that AA/A means you only heal via Smite as opposed to using the mechanic to stack AA and otherwise healing as any Disc should.

I can't agree with you. I think Atonement spec is very useful at some 10 man encounters such as MoDW, Ultraxion, SoDW and mb even some other bosses.
    Half of the encounters you mentioned have mechanic buffs to healing and/or damage....I'm not arguing that Atonement isn't good for certain fights, I just don't think it will be viable for Mor'chok 10 HM, which this post was questioning. Our guild will be trying to four heal first to "test the waters", so to speak. Our healing comp will be Disc/Holy Priest, Resto Shaman, Holy Pally, and Resto Druid, splitting the raid into two separate mini raid groups. We'll see how high the damage is, and if we can get by with only 2 healing.

This is the build I will be using, Inspiration will be big on this for stomps.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2011-12-06 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    I think it should be fine to two heal Morchok. Considering the Stomps are cast a few seconds apart from each other, each Healer will be able to help the other group out after each Stomp.

As for Atonement healing this encounter, not a chance. Also, like Sakamae said, the fights you mentioned were all fights that fall under the category Sakamae talked about, fights with insane damage/healing buffs. Atonement has very little place in a 10 man fight with standard damage/healing.