Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Advice on this gaming computer please :)

Hello Everyone,

So I finally made up my mind as to what computer to get and I have decided I will go with :
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227379

What do u guys think? bad? good? What are u thinking!! that is a horrible system?

It is my first time buying a gaming PC so I am clueless but I would like it to run Skyrim and WoW close to max settings, originally my budget is 1500.00$ (USA) so if you guys can recommend something else that would be great. I was planning to build it myself but I dont think I can do it, its been too many years since I built the last one and it was not for gaming back then.

Could you guys recommend a monitor for that computer if it is not too much to ask for, max 400-500$ ( USA )

Thank You in advance for your replies,

-Bearmaster

It's a very good system. Honestly, with the two games that you are playing, I don't think that you really need the i7 2700k (which nearly 1/4 of the price tag is located). I know that it wont be a benefit in WoW as that game does not utilize hyperthreading technology, and I am not sure that Skyrim does either.

I look at it like this... you are building a computer that is future-proof, not so much for the future. I think that by the time you are benefiting from that beast of a processor, you would be better off replacing it with the gaming-grade Ivy Bridge processors... which means you probably would never have picked up the value of having that beast to begin with. I also think it's odd that they put that processor with a 560 ti. Don't get me wrong, it's a great GPU and I do recommend it (highly), but it seems skimpy on that setup where they could have put a 570 or something on.

I think it's a nice system with some great parts but I think that a lot of it will never realize its true potential.

Just my opinion; I am not one of the computer wizards here, though... I'd wait for some real input from them.

I agree with what Little said. Try going to CyberpowerPC.com and Ibuypower.com and use their configurators to build the system exactly how you want it. Dont pick a monitor from either place as you can get better for cheaper else where.

pick the cooling system you want (id seriously suggest air cooled, i just dont like liquid cooled)
    8bg 1600 memory
    skip the intel smart response ssd
    pick either a ssd for boot device and a regular HDD -OR- just pick a 1tb HDD
    560ti
    650-700 watt power supply (corsair. no coolmaster psu)
    pick windows home 7 64 bit

the only issue you would have is on MB so pick something that you are cool with in the z68 range (or p67 if you dont want the extra stuff).

If you want, I could do all that when i get back in the next 30-45 mins and post a few different configs

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    I agree with what Little said. Try going to CyberpowerPC.com and Ibuypower.com and use their configurators to build the system exactly how you want it. Dont pick a monitor from either place as you can get better for cheaper else where.

pick the cooling system you want (id seriously suggest air cooled, i just dont like liquid cooled)
    8bg 1600 memory
    560ti

the only issue you would have is on MB so pick something that you are cool with in the z68 range (or p67 if you dont want the extra stuff).

If you want, I could do all that when i get back in the next 30-45 mins and post a few different configs
    Good Sir I will give you all my internets if you could give me some examples

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 02:09 PM ----------

8bg 1600 memory
    560ti

Thank You very much I am researching these parts at this very moment I think I could save some dollars

Here you go.

Case: NZXT Black Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case
    Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case (Blue Color)
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    Cooling Fan: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan
    Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus Sabertooth P67 w/ TUF Thermal Armor Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI, DIGI+VRM, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI [B3 Stepping]
    Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Freebies: FREE Game Coupon Batman: Arkham City
    Power Supply Upgrade: * 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
    Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

Optical Drive: Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    LCD Monitor: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X270W-1080P LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input
    Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
    Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
    Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
    Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
    Ultra Care Option: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow
    in Your System
    Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DQH8V

Total 1506 + shipping (+49 more if you want it before Christmas)

This PC will do everything you want it to do and then some. A couple things to point out tho

1. I did include a monitor. 27in to be exact. Its 248. You can buy cheaper and/or smaller either through CyberpowerPC or from newegg or where ever and this will allow you to get a monitor of your choosing.

2. I only put a 500gb HD because prices are still a little insane due to the flooding.

3. The motherboard was a personal pick as that is what Im about to buy for my own system so Im a tad biased. (Well I will if Newegg gets it back in stock soon)

4. I included the option for them to include the maximum amount of fans that your system can hold because I like my systems cool. I also included the professional wiring for the same reason. Keeps all the cables nice and neat and out of the way for maximum airflow.

The motherboard you can change to anything you want and while I know people will suggest z68, I personally dont feel like I need those extra features so again its just personal preference.

Last thing, I also know that *this* system isnt as beefy as the one you listed and it is roughly the same cost when you subtract the cost of the monitor. However, I think thats because the ibuypower PC has what Im guess is a very cheap mobo. I havent been able to find anything that will tell me what that mobo is, so Im going to guess that its probably one of their cheapest ones. Add in a good mobo and that system you linked will become 1450 or more.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go.

Case: NZXT Black Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case
    Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case (Blue Color)
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    Cooling Fan: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan
    Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus Sabertooth P67 w/ TUF Thermal Armor Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI, DIGI+VRM, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI [B3 Stepping]
    Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Freebies: FREE Game Coupon Batman: Arkham City
    Power Supply Upgrade: * 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
    Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

Optical Drive: Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    LCD Monitor: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X270W-1080P LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input
    Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
    Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
    Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
    Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
    Ultra Care Option: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow
    in Your System
    Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DQH8V

Total 1506 + shipping (+49 more if you want it before Christmas)

This PC will do everything you want it to do and then some. A couple things to point out tho

1. I did include a monitor. 27in to be exact. Its 248. You can buy cheaper and/or smaller either through CyberpowerPC or from newegg or where ever and this will allow you to get a monitor of your choosing.

2. I only put a 500gb HD because prices are still a little insane due to the flooding.

3. The motherboard was a personal pick as that is what Im about to buy for my own system so Im a tad biased. (Well I will if Newegg gets it back in stock soon)

4. I included the option for them to include the maximum amount of fans that your system can hold because I like my systems cool. I also included the professional wiring for the same reason. Keeps all the cables nice and neat and out of the way for maximum airflow.

The motherboard you can change to anything you want and while I know people will suggest z68, I personally dont feel like I need those extra features so again its just personal preference.

Last thing, I also know that *this* system isnt as beefy as the one you listed and it is roughly the same cost when you subtract the cost of the monitor. However, I think thats because the ibuypower PC has what Im guess is a very cheap mobo. I havent been able to find anything that will tell me what that mobo is, so Im going to guess that its probably one of their cheapest ones. Add in a good mobo and that system you linked will become 1450 or more.
    Thank You so much good sir I am about to order it but wanted to thank you before doing that, I really appreciate that you took your time to do this for a random person on the internets, once again thank you so much

I just put together my new setup, and I'm loving it so far. It's really similar to others in this thread. My advice is to grab an i5, 570 gtx, 650 or bigger corsair PSU, and a Z68 mobo. It really sets you up for future upgrades/overclocks to keep you at the cutting edge. It you build it right/pay a bit extra, you will be very happy when later on when you just OC your CPU, add some ram, and SLI. BAM, your computer is competing again.

Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 (only asus mobo my friend had in stock)
    Intel quad-core Core i5 processor i5-2500K - 3.30GHz/LGA 1155/6MB three cache / 95W / Sandy Bridge
    EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
    Kingston HYPERX x2 4G DDR3 1600
    Intel 128G SSD
    Western Digital 7200 RPM 500G HDD
    Corsair GS700W 80 Plus
    Razer Naga
    Logitech K200 keyboard
    Asus 515 Chassis
    COOLER MASTER RR-H101-22FK-RA 80mm Long life sleeve bearing CPU Cooler
    Windows 64 bit Chinese style

I spent $1400 Canadian total. Now, prices are 20% or higher here in China + no monitor, so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmaster View Post
    really appreciate that you took your time to do this for a random person on the internets, once again thank you so much
    I think you will find that the computers forums are the friendliest place to be thanks to ppl like bablou1 have fun with your new comp!