How can I improve my sneaking and pickpocketing? I've started the thieve's guild quests but they require I steal stuff without killing anyone. But with such low level skills (both in their 20s) it is nearly impossible. How can I raise those? Is there somewhere I can practice both skills repeatedly?
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    After the umpteenth crash I think I'm going to stop playing the game until a patch comes out that fixes all these darn bugs. I'm just way too fed up with them. Just a few minutes ago I saw a dragon flying a couple 100 yards away. I ran up to it, only to see the dragon flying away super fast, then stopping, and then its animation bugged out and my game crashed

Also, the companion AI is HORRENDOUS. I have to keep checking my back constantly to make sure my follower is still following me and not being killed by some random bandit, or walking three miles around because she's afraid to jump 1 foot down. Moreover, I think I've killed her more times than she actually died to an enemy. She keeps standing in front of my power attacks!

Such a shame since I LOVE this game for its incredible openness (if that's even a word). You can go wherever you want, play however you want, truly amazing, and there are some pretty humorous side-quests in there as well, but those bugs are killing it for me
    Last edited by mmoc9af7e888b5; 2011-12-05 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    How can I improve my sneaking and pickpocketing? I've started the thieve's guild quests but they require I steal stuff without killing anyone. But with such low level skills (both in their 20s) it is nearly impossible. How can I raise those? Is there somewhere I can practice both skills repeatedly?
    Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've been running around just 2HWTF smashing everything and never really HAD to pick any pockets... just empty the whole corpse. Now (at 45) I'm JUST getting around to doing all the Thieve's guild side quests, some how I became their club president with no 'sneaking or thieving' skill at all. I am at the point where i need to get a woman's diamond (fishing quest) in the Bard's College, and even with my Nocturnal power of invisibility and a pick pocket +20% potion - I have a 3% chance (i.e. NO CHANCE) of lifting that stupid diamond, even when she's asleep. Still... I just keep trying to pick random pockets and shadow various bad guys in the wild, hoping my levels go high enough to let me do the quests. If anyone has advice on where it might be easier to acheive this... I'd be open to suggestions too.

Also - 2c on the back and forth. I LOVE this game, and think that Bethesda did an amazing job. I always expected certain glitches that would need to be fixed with patches, but as someone that played WoW back in Vanilla - I have NO complaints.

Deleted
    There are plenty various other jobs - why take fishing? Burglary and numbers jobs are a joke no matter your sneaky skill - at worst you need an invisibility potion per job. For the reference, I was doing them with 25 sneaking and wearing heavy daedric armour (without any perks in it, so as clunky and lod as possible.).

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Eh, this thread only gets 3-4 pages a day now. It's not too hard to find whatever you post.
    Did you ever consider that maybe the reason there's so few posters is because everyone who wants to discuss the game knows that any threads related to Skyrim will get locked down? Hence, the lower post counts. I go elsewhere, and I still see people posting and making threads about this game. The interest in this game hasn't gone down- it's just that we get shoe-horned into the megathread, so it's like "Why bother?"

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 02:39 PM ----------

Anyway, just in case it got overlooked, I'll repeat my question:

Does anyone know of a way or a console command to reveal all hidden locations in Skyrim (but not make them fast-travelable)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    The best way I've found to skill sneak, is go into Whiterun, inside Dragonsreach, and as you're running up to the Jarl, there are some barrels on the left side by a guard. Go into sneak mode, and slowly walk against the corner wall (Well, more like a staircase railing and a wall).

Should look like this |O~~G_____J_____G
    | = staircase railing
    O = You
    ~~ = Barrels
    G = Gaurd
    _____= Space
    J = Jarl

Sorry, I suck at drawing.

If you're naked, you wont be detected, even at low skill (Again - you have to walk *SLOWLY* at first). After you get about 30 skill, you can just leave something pressed into your keyboard/controller, go to bed, and wake up with 100 skill.

As for pickpocket, it skills up depending on the value of something you take. You'll find about 1/2 of everybody has rings, necklaces, or gems in their inventory. Start out taking low value things first (Save before you do). Eventually you'll be able to skill up for pretty much everything you steal. After you hit about 40 you can get 40-80+ in about an hour. Inns are a good place to hunt. High sneak skill makes this easier, as you can't be detected while pickpocketing.

ON THAT NOTE...Damnit, I wasted perks again. I was trying so hard this playthru not to. In full *LIGHT* Dragon Armor, I have 937 armor rating. That's so overkill. It caps around 600. Only need about 2/5 in Light Armor perks to get that, not 5/5 like I have now. Oh well. (Full enchanted smithing armor, a +96 smithing potion. Didn't keep remaking gear for stronger effects)
    Last edited by Zafire; 2011-12-05 at 09:36 PM.

Another fast way to improve sneak and weapon skills is get a summon spell and just sneak attack your familiar. Tbh I leveled sneaking to max and it's not that useful, the playstyle is fun in that you can 1 shot things when you get the Dark Brotherhood handwraps or Cicero's outfit.

And for pick pocketing at first it takes a bit but once you get a few skills ups everything is like 90% chance to steal and it just comes with quicksave retrys if you fail. Every level go to a trainer, get skill up once, pickpocket steal your coin back, skill up again, win-win for you.

So far the game is okay, not what I expected, it's way over hyped. The environments are nice, the Dark Brotherhood story was kind of fun, and the physics were neat.

But the game is pretty buggy and that ruined it for me completely as I recently lost 2 lvl 45 characters maxed in both alch/smith/chanting due to corrupted saves after quickloading. That was the major let down for me, there are also a ton of bugs like the retarded flying dragons, dragon souls not being absorbed, invisible objects/NPCs, random crashes, etc.

The game itself I found was very grindy and repetitive, especially skilling up, I didn't feel like I was actually becoming better at the game nor my character actually becoming any better than it was at lvl 10, you become very overpowered quickly in the game. The dungeons and puzzles weren't challenging and the end bosses were the same old "spank-til-dead". And the dragons weren't as hard as I wished they were, even on Master they weren't as dangerous as I thought they would be.

The combat, for what I've done so far, is not that great. I played a sneaky dual dagger character and a 2h juggernaut and it's not challenging, spell might be different as I never played with them, and that's because I don't like spells because they're generally a slower paced playstyle. As a sneak-style it's just you sneak around and 1 shot everything, only at the beginning of the game does it become kind of fun as your sneak skill is garbage so you need to play more carefully, but when you get it up you can sneak up to their face and 1 shot them. As a juggernaut you basically shit on everything mouse click and then hold and everything dies there's no sequences other than if there's more than 1 guy then cleave otherwise just sprint and hold down the mousebutton and 1 shot crit everything.

Even though the acronym 'DLC' never settled well with me, and should be included as content updates, this question still stands.

What do you want to see out of DLC for the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?4

Personally, I would love to see a return to Cyrodiil to see what has changed in 300 years since Oblivion and so the player can get involved in the all the political dealings and such, and see why exactly the Empire is in such bad shape. I know that some would say that it would be a rehash, and this would be true to a certain extent, but I see potential here.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Personally, I would love to see a return to Cyrodiil to see what has changed in 300 years since Oblivion and so the player can get involved in the all the political dealings and such, and see why exactly the Empire is in such bad shape. I know that some would say that it would be a rehash, and this would be true to a certain extent, but I see potential here.
    They've never let you venture into another area from a previous game. It would barely be called Skyrim if all of Oblivion came back (Minus the Oblivion gates.)

No clue what they'll do, but I hope it's as crafty as Shivering Isles. That was a pretty epic add-on.

Something I've always hoped they'd do is simply add on to the previous "guild" questlines. I'd definitely be up for more Dark Brotherhood goodness.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2011-12-06 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    They've never let you venture into another area from a previous game. It would barely be called Skyrim if all of Oblivion came back (Minus the Oblivion gates.)

No clue what they'll do, but I hope it's as crafty as Shivering Isles. That was a pretty epic add-on.

Something I've always hoped they'd do is simply add on to the previous "guild" questlines. I'd definitely be up for more Dark Brotherhood goodness.
    the reason they have kept games in a province has probably been largely technical and less because they want you to remain in the namesake area of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I start *SPOILER* *SPOILER* *SPOILER*

I want DLC that will let me kill that hoe Delphine.... she made me kill Paarthurnax which really pissed me off.... he was a bro.

*SPOILER ENDED*

Ok in all seriousness probably something like Shivering Isles, or maybe a quest involving the Divines... where you could actually see them. Basically like the Daedric quests except with a connected storyline... I think that would be awesome.

For DLC I'm thinking you defend Skyrim against the Dominion. Either the stormcloaks took over and are no longer part of the empire, at which point the dirty elves think they can invade, or you backed the legion, and the general hates those elves too... and if you did the dark brotherhood quests, you know what happens, which would throw the empire into confusion and might have the elves invading.

Either way is plausable, and it would be great to defend skyrim then move into dominion land and continue your destructive work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone had to download a 4 gigabyte patch...?

Quote Originally Posted by Berteh View Post
    Has anyone had to download a 4 gigabyte patch...?
    That's almost the whole game...

I remember patching The Witcher 2 through steam and that was a nightmare. You had to download the entire game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    -Spoiler Snip-
    I'd just not kill him. Fuck the Blades, I already have their Dragonbane sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That's almost the whole game...

I remember patching The Witcher 2 through steam and that was a nightmare. You had to download the entire game again.
    Yeh I think something weird happened when I took the disk out to watch a movie and then put it back in.

For some reason it wanted me to download that >.>

All fixed though, quick re-install solved all my troubles

A Dragonborne's shout's best friend will always be the microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    ...The game itself I found was very grindy and repetitive, especially skilling up, I didn't feel like I was actually becoming better at the game nor my character actually becoming any better than it was at lvl 10, you become very overpowered quickly in the game. The dungeons and puzzles weren't challenging...

...only at the beginning of the game does it become kind of fun as your sneak skill is garbage so you need to play more carefully, but when you get it up you can sneak up to their face and 1 shot them. As a juggernaut you basically shit on everything....
    Oh no, the game is too easy! If only there was some way to avoid that problem!

...Another fast way to improve sneak and weapon skills is get a summon spell and just sneak attack your familiar. Tbh I leveled sneaking to max....

...Every level go to a trainer, get skill up once, pickpocket steal your coin back, skill up again, win-win for you....

... I recently lost 2 lvl 45 characters maxed in both alch/smith/chanting....
    Oh, well, then. Another person who grinded levels and smithing/crafting to make the game easy, and then complains that the game is easy. Awesome!
    Last edited by beingmused; 2011-12-06 at 03:43 PM.

Thinking the DLC will involve taking the fight to the thalmor in some way shape or form, possibly taking you to areas of the summerset isles to cut off the head of the beast and kill their leader.

The daedra one? That's a bit harder, not many of the realms are in as chaotic of a flux as shivering isles, due to most of them having a set allignment archetype.

Peryite's quest did have a bit of a teaser to something pretty dire though, maybe you'll have the choice to try to stop him or help him?

Something that I really hope the expansion involves, as unlikely as it is to happen, is to, in a way "Unlock the full power of the soul in you" in the form of a temporary shapeshift into a full-fledged dragon.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2011-12-06 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I hope they'll add an arena in one of the DLC's.
    Same here, I searched all over the place for an arena and was pretty shocked when I realized there wasn't one... Trying to become the Grand Champion at level one was one of my favorite things to do in Oblivion!