Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Despair... So delicious.

So, as it appears, Paragon hasn't been banned yet

[23:04] <Artzie> do you guys think BL can do #1 even if we get 8day ban?
    [23:04] == geZarjazFusi- [~klaus@c-68-35-44-166.hsd1.nm.comcast.net] has left #paragon []
    [23:04] == Jewsef [Jewsef@Jewsef.users.quakenet.org] has joined #paragon
    [23:05] <Jewsef> j0
    [23:05] <Jewsef> t0r
    [23:05] <@arx> Artzie: hard to say
    Whether they will or not, we'll have to wait. Apparently by top guild measures, Blood Legion didn't exploit it. No idea on any of the other top guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Imachoirstarter View Post
    Can anyone definitively confirm this?
    I can confirm the bans, not the duration though as lots of (EU?) players haven't gotten a mail yet.

how do i feel that some guilds with a lot money and time in their hands has a back up plan to raid even if they got banned, aka have another account and mirrored tier 12 gear on it... sup names gonna be different but guilds will still be on top.. then again only few might have actually done this

Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    Same here. 72 hour suspension. Best part is, I didn't take any loot or anything all I did was tag along. They had better ban all the other top guilds main raiders too, because this is fucking bullshit otherwise. Inc week of incredibly skewed rankings.
    How is it skewed? If you tried to cheat in a bike race by using a motorcycle then you should be disqualified.

Deleted
    LOL... u have no way up to exploit so. and really banning like 500 guilds cause its more than that that used the abuse is really gonna be a bad think.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It is completely irrelevant on who wins World First, or if the bans (if true) will even affect those guilds.

What's important is that exploiting players are (seems so at least) getting suspended for a blatant exploit. And that is very good news. Most people were blabbing that Blizzard would never suspend players from those top guilds, but alas, seems they have. Fair and square.

Good luck to all the non-exploiting guilds out there, even if they eventually miss out on world first for Paragon and Method, at least we know they don't exploit their way up. Props.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, I'm willing to bet that at the very least, 70% of WoW's player base either doesn't know or doesn't care about guilds like Ensidia or Vodka or whatever. So really, I'll just end with "cool story bro" and move on.
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    8 days might be a bit harsh tho.
    Hell no.. gives the non cheaters a fair shot at first kills, whilst if allowed the people who exploited would have a huge advantage over the people who didn't.. sure they got their gear stipped, but thats the price to pay for doing something they shouldn't have AND getting innocent people involed.

Everytime the top guilds try to exploit, as a reference above made to bombs, if you remember Sarnoite Bombs were used to exploit the Lich King encounter, and they got stripped of their achievements and I believe recieved a ban, allowing other guilds a fair attempt.

Its "silly", as the OP suggested in this thread that they thought they were actually allowed to get away with this.. they knew they were doing it, they knew they shouldn't and at the end of the day they honestly knew there would be consequences, 8 days is fine.

see: If you truly think this, I wish for all the help in the world towards your mental state.
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Dude, stop, please... you can't be THAT serious about the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

People were exploiting and got more chances than one at looting a boss the same week. They got suspended. And well deservedly so. Will it change anything in the order those guilds get their HC kills? Probably not much.

And to those claiming that it's Blizzard's fault and that they could just have fixed it on the PTR: How the #¤%& do you fix something you don't know exists?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    People were exploiting and got more chances than one at looting a boss the same week. They got suspended. And well deservedly so. Will it change anything in the order those guilds get their HC kills? Probably not much.

And to those claiming that it's Blizzard's fault and that they could just have fixed it on the PTR: How the #¤%& do you fix something you don't know exists?
    It was reported during the PTR that the bug exists, so Blizzard could have done something about it then. However, still doesn't mean people should act upon it knowing full well they may get punished for doing so.

Not to take the high road approach, because if there's a way to get the upper hand when heroic progression starts the majority of the top 20 guilds will do anything they can to have that edge over the competition, but cheating is cheating and those found doing so will be held accountable as has happened in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. This is going to kill the game because no one will follow all the crappy little guilds getting world first.
    Nobody plays this game to follow them. And aside from all the amusement I'm getting from everyone's nerdrage, I couldn't care less who gets world first.

They could ban the entire top 500 for life and it wouldn't affect me in the least.

I was in the raid. I actually had intent to take something, but instead I passed it to the Fury Warrior. Everyone in my guild that got banned got a 72 hour instead of an 8 day. Don't know why 8 days are being given.
    The 8-day bans are being given out to the guilds that have a long, illustrious history of raid-exploies in the past (cough cough <PARAGON> cough <ENSIDIA>) like saronite bombs for the LK encounter. 72-hour bans probably went to first-time offenders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laugh at those that are blaming Blizzard. You didn't have to exploit the game. You deserve the punishment if you exploited, simple as that. For those that didn't know it was happening, I'm sure a phone call to customer service could fix it, and if not, well blame the people that did the exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

How could a company that makes millions on millions of dollars annually from this game not know the problem exists? Making sure that raid and loot lockouts work correctly is a pretty big deal and a pretty basic element of testing. They are the ones that failed and failed epically here, and are not willing to take any of the blame for this debacle.

The Problem all the Casuals here dont understand is that the Bug was found and reported on the PTR (long before the first Release Build) and all Top50 Guilds know what Envy has done in Firelands without any consequences or Blue Post or anything else or other Guilds in ICC or PDOK (=get more Loot in the NormalID via ID Resets like Faction Change)

Now when 4.3 hits the Live, most of the Top Guilds saw the Loottimestaps on the Armoryfeed by players from one Guild (wont call it here) after they got the LFR Achivement for killing the first four bosses.

To have a "fair race" most guilds do this without taking / ninjalooting Items from other players. Most of these loot will just be vendort its only good for filling up missing parts (and beleave most of the casual players wont see any different between 4/4 lfr t13 or 4/4 hc t12)

I just hope these arent Bans just Tempbans for some hours where they delete all gear (fair race again)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiorin View Post
    I laugh at those that are blaming Blizzard. You didn't have to exploit the game. You deserve the punishment if you exploited, simple as that. For those that didn't know it was happening, I'm sure a phone call to customer service could fix it, and if not, well blame the people that did the exploit.

Couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by drlawyer View Post
    The 8-day bans are being given out to the guilds that have a long, illustrious history of raid-exploies in the past (cough cough <PARAGON> cough <ENSIDIA>) like saronite bombs for the LK encounter. 72-hour bans probably went to first-time offenders.
    Just curious where you remember a Paragon exploit from. Ensidia has a clear one in memory with the saronite bombs, Paragon on the other hand doesn't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0 View Post
    The Problem all the Casuals here dont understand is that the Bug was found and reported on the PTR (long before the first Release Build)
    Noobelitists don't care because the most important is " BURN THE WITCH ".

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Noobelitists don't care because the most important is " BURN THE WITCH ".
    Is there something wrong with thinking cheaters deserve to be punished?