Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. This is going to kill the game because no one will follow all the crappy little guilds getting world first.
    Meanwhile, thousands and thousands of players are in-game right now, completely unaware and uncaring of this particular incident. Or world firsts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    And Strawman is the Zzzteam ?
    In easy to understand terms for the not-so-smart, a strawman is bringing up an entirely different topic to distract from the topic at hand.
    Basically, Blizzard releasing unfinished content in the past has nothing to do with people abusing bugs in the system today. It doesn't matter if Blizzard was aware of the LFR exploit. What matters is that the players were aware of it, then used it.

Good comparison: A bank leaves the vaults unlocked for the night. Is it okay to walk in and take everything?

Quote Originally Posted by armone View Post
    Wow, how self-important and myopic are you?
    I do find myself to be better than a lot of people, thank you. I know I am, and not just because of WoW, but because I'm better than most people outside of a stupid game. Why do you think you have to use words that aren't commonly used? I'd rather see pretentious or ostentatious. I actually use those words when I describe myself, not myopic. And I am quite short-sighted, that's why I wear glasses. ^-^

Once again, just because Vodka, BL, Premo, etc. abused the LFR system in a different way in order to do what a lot of other people did, doesn't make what they did right.

Blizzard needs to realize this is a game and that SUSPENDING people for 8 days was overkill and they should have done 3 days starting on Friday and taken all the loot away. Pretty sure there have been worse things done by other guilds that received little to no punishment. Why they decide to do this now, is beyond me.

Also, I'm disappointed, not angry. I didn't do it, so I didn't get banned. The race for world firsts will still not mean much to a lot of people; I think the only people that will care are the people that aren't even in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Whats funny is, the three EU guilds may still actually beat the three US guilds(you forgot Premonition), not even speaking of the other top10 guilds not in the US or EU.
    Doesn't really matter, they cheated

Quote Originally Posted by blgdinger View Post
    I hope you get world firsts because then you will just be another crappy little guild.
    Sorry that this was going to be the first content we'd be able to poopsock like the rest of the guilds. We've been pretty casual last few.

What I've said in this thread, are only my statements and has nothing to do with my guild. So be off.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    A shop puts a valuable product on display, and it easily gets stolen.
    Sure it was dumb for them to put the item there, but the thief still should get punished, no?
    Actually, it would be more accurate to say that a shop has an item on display at $70.00, you buy it and take it home. Then, the store calls you up and tells you the item you purchased was supposed to be $100, and they will be billing your card for the remaining $30.

It wasn't that a product was stolen, it's that Blizz programmed a mechanic allowing a FFA loot when all normal users passed. Something like this doesn't go through an internal build, multiple PTR builds, and deploy on live where the same guilds have already played with this tool on the PTR.

And the loot rules said you may only ROLL once. They didn't roll a second time, they were looting unwanted items from the boss. In fact, the only reason anyone is even aware of this as an 'exploit' is because AFTER the fact, Blizzard mentioned it. But they announced they were going to play around with the LFR loot system, they announced it was going live in a form that they wanted more iterations to improve on, and that they would update it as more preferred builds came around.

It's not like this was the standard loot system we're all familiar with being cheated here. This was a new take on the loot system, with a flaw that had to be ADDED to the system before someone could abuse it. And even in a worst case, not everyone reads the patch notes and was aware of it. This incident could easily have been an intended change based on what was present.

It's not remotely close to stealing a high priced item sitting in reach. It's definitely more in line to paying for something and finding out that the price wasn't honest, and instead of the store taking responsibility for the error that their clerk produced, they're passing the buck onto the customer.

Blizz implemented the feature into the game (whether for testing purposes internally, or whatever) and it made it past an internal build, a public test, and onto live before anyone noticed the issue. And the original ticket wasn't even a bug report, initially, it was a request to see if this was intended....and they still picked up gear and went on until a GM was contacted, and they didn't get penalized because they pleaded the same "well it could have been a mechanic, we didn't know" that the other guilds did.

Seriously people, it's not rocket science.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Blizzard enjoys losing tons of subscriptions. This is going to kill the game because no one will follow all the crappy little guilds getting world first.

This was hilarious, this comment was made as if these particular bands guilds were the actual reason peeps play the game, to think that one would think they were that important is comical at best, u realized to your basic sub, you are nothing right, nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    it's just too funny how some of you think this game is THAT serious. In the world of video games, WoW isn't very important.
    And... yet, since we shouldn't take it serious - due to a bug that Blizzard let slip through - paying customers are being reprimanded for it?

I just sit back, with my popcorn, and watch as this arrogant, greedy company loses subs.

Deleted
    Lol no raid-geared people in Arenas then

tbh im very surprised, i NEVER expected an 8 day suspension, was thinking 3-4 tops to cut off tues-wed

Quote Originally Posted by zolphinus View Post
    Actually, it would be more accurate to say that a shop has an item on display at $70.00, you buy it and take it home. Then, the store calls you up and tells you the item you purchased was supposed to be $100, and they will be billing your card for the remaining $30.
    Zolph's analogy is correct - the other guy (Maelstrom51) hasn't got a clue about analogies.

10+ Year Old Account
    IM SO MAD, IM GONNA QUIT THIS GAME!!!
    How could someone even think about playing a game for fun!?! preposterous!!! I play them to watch all the top players destroy content, hell yeah!!

And the loot rules said you may only ROLL once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raid Finder Q&A
    Q. How does loot distribution work?
    A. All Raid Finder groups determine loot distribution using the “Need Before Greed” system. Unlike Dungeon Finder, players who are identified as rolling need on an item that fits their primary role will be given loot priority over those who play a different role. You can read more about item distribution and loot roll rules here. While Raid Finder raids aren’t locked, players are only eligible to win loot from a boss once per week.
    There goes your entire argument.

Quote Originally Posted by mische View Post
    A company released a faulty product, that allows its users to get benefit from the flaw. Then, punishes its users for doing so?

Amazing how brainwashed Warcraft users are. I would tell Blizzard to go f--k itself. Oh, I just realized... I already did - months ago. Trion doesn't treat me like this.
    This is such a skewed way of looking at it. You will definitely never have a future in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynandra View Post
    Nor is using a strawman argument.[COLOR="red"]
    As someone said earlier, a bank doesn't lock the vaults one night. Is it okay for someone to walk in and steal the money?

The temptation would be here, but there are three options that distinguish normal people from moral people from cancer. The normal people just walk by even though getting the cash is tempting. The moral people call the cops, or the bank, to tell them something's wrong. The cancer just walks in, gets all the money they can, and then complain once they're arrested. Problem is, 90% of the World of Warcraft population is made of cancer =(

But it's not like leaving a bank vault unlocked. It's like going to the bank and making a withdrawal and the bank gives you more money than they should have.
    Legally, part of the clause you have with your bank is that it's THEIR responsibility to catch the error within a certain time frame, or the money is yours.

That is a more accurate analogy in this case.

Deleted
    Why do ppl try to defend those that exploited a bug? so, there is a bug in the game. and someone exploits it? what has history shown us? that they get banned. Why should this be any different? Did Blizz deliver an "unfinnished" game? I still drop from a graphics hole in STV. You dont see me QQing about it cause it happens. Even if it was reported and not fixed still a bug abuse.
    My gmates told me about this and i just told em you know its an exploit there will be consequences and they didnt do it. Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mische View Post
    And... yet, since we shouldn't take it serious - due to a bug that Blizzard let slip through - paying customers are being reprimanded for it?

I just sit back, with my popcorn, and watch as this arrogant, greedy company loses subs.
    Yeah, oh noes, like 2000 people from top guilds will cancel their subs, wow is going to die for sure.
    God forbid Blizzard to actually punish cheaters, that just show how greedy they are, i mean, they are cheaters but they pay a sub, so they shouldnt be banned right?? right??

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what this all means right?

That most of the world first kills probably will be generated by 10m guilds seeing as every 25m guild got themself banned.

And then follows the inevitable whine about 10m being easier than 25m....

Please reverse the ban so I can enjoy my 10m content in peace >>

Deleted
    But it's not like leaving a bank vault unlocked. It's like going to the bank and making a withdrawal and the bank gives you more money than they should have.
    Legally, part of the clause you have with your bank is that it's THEIR responsibility to catch the error within a certain time frame, or the money is yours.

That is a more accurate analogy in this case.
    More accurate is: you go to the bank to withdraw something from your deposit box and find all the deposit boxes open. So when you take from all the deposit boxes its still your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Doesn't really matter, they cheated
    Yes, and even with the set backs, the top 10 will basically stay just like it is now. Huge difference is players from the top 10-15 compared to the rest of the players in the top 100, which is why the current top 10 will pretty much be the same, even with a week ban.