Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    Deleted

My blood DK is insanely OP

For the sake of balanced pvp i just HAD to post this.
    Until a few days ago i just played my dk once a week to cap him etc.
    (only played frost spec)
    Never played him intensly so im also not that good at it.

After reading the notes and getting crit by a 38k Deathstrike on my 4.3k resi rogue,
    i decided to respec my dk to blood (for the first time ever ) and play him for a while.

And to be honest blood dks are way out of control now.
    The healing and the dmg are both OP.

Yes a skilled+geared frost mage can still pwn my ass,
    but its so easy to solo 3 melees.
    They have no chance what so ever to kill me
    and im throwing 30-50k deathstrikes at them meanwhile.

Only reason im posting this because retarded balance like this will only ruin pvp,
    and by god idd rather play hello kitty then reroll pve.

Ill show you a few screens from the bgs ive been doing this week,
    ofc i know random bg means nothing, but still ... it gives you a hint

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...0611072834.jpg

http://imageshack.us/f/820/wowscrnshot120411110640.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...0411104025.jpg

EDIT :

This thread has evolved into a discussion if random bg matters or not.
    Clearly you are missing my point.

Blood dk obviously need to be reworked.
    Now theyre zero-skill-needed to beat any melee
    but in turn get raped by some casters.

So nerf our dmg with about 20%
    nerf our healing with 20%
    nerf our shield with 40% (mastery shield caused by healing)
    BUT make the shield absorb magic dmg as well
    And maybe give us some movement impairing effect breaker.
    That would be a nice step towards a better blood dk design.
    Last edited by mmocaa8ea6144f; 2011-12-07 at 07:32 AM.

Dude, keep quite about this will you for the love of god! why would you bring attention to being OP? :P

Deleted
    As fun as it is, idd like to play more thn 1 class in the new season.
    Not just my DK

I hear you man.. we had a rogue in guild that also had a DK.. guess what his main is now.. our guild is strictly PvP and I have a 4.2k resil rogue and resto druid... I still got hit on my rogue with a 42k crit by a DK in vicious/3 pieces of ruthless.. simply put DKs are fkn OP

What gems are you using, are you stacking mastery or something?

Blood DK is horrible for competitive play (unless flag carrying, where warrior is still better imo). Random BGs mean nothing, and if you're playing blood in arena, or as a dps in RBG- you're pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehlol View Post
    Blood DK is horrible for competitive play (unless flag carrying, where warrior is still better imo). Random BGs mean nothing, and if you're playing blood in arena, or as a dps in RBG- you're pretty bad.
    you can call them bad if you want, but have you seen a geared dk guard a base in a random bg? its absurdly op.

i healed a furry warrior and a rouge that were assaulting bs. the blook dk just stood their and soaked up their damage. now, im not saying that this one case proves that dks are OP, im just saying something ought to be looked at.

i agree with you OP, the amount of dmg you can do is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmb2603 View Post
    you can call them bad if you want, but have you seen a geared dk guard a base in a random bg? its absurdly op.

i healed a furry warrior and a rouge that were assaulting bs. the blook dk just stood their and soaked up their damage. now, im not saying that this one case proves that dks are OP, im just saying something ought to be looked at.

i agree with you OP, the amount of dmg you can do is crazy.
    Random BGs do not matter and should not be taken seriously. Rated BG either the rogue or the fury warrior would simply CC the DK and take the base. Bads in BGs can't understand this though.

Your below average (and average) players probably doesn't know how to counter a Blood DK.

Random BGs do not matter and should not be taken seriously. Rated BG either the rogue or the fury warrior would simply CC the DK and take the base. Bads in BGs can't understand this though.
    sorry to hear casual pvp is not wanted in Wow, no one i know play rated bg's and i can't find any groups for it, so i doubt they very popular. Would't surprise me i blizz chooses to balance around it anyway.

yes, they are op. how to balance blood dks? buff prot warriors, bear druids, and prot palas. give us more self heals and an ability that can crit for 40k. sounds good doesn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    \

The majority of people that pay for this game, play random bgs. To say "random bgs dont matter" is insulting to the community, and the people who pay to play this game.

the issue at hand here, is that some peoples game play, might actually be less fun as a result of blood Dks in random bgs, this is what we should focus on, and this is what we should talk about. "random bgs dont matter" does not do anything for this discussion, K THANKS : )

Blood DK is worthless when there is a healer around because it's a waste of DPS, so in 3s it won't matter, unless you're fighting 3 Blood DKs, in which case most good teams are still gonna win.

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    sorry to hear casual pvp is not wanted in Wow, no one i know play rated bg's and i can't find any groups for it, so i doubt they very popular. Would't surprise me i blizz chooses to balance around it anyway.
    ^

You can't balance for something completely random or low-skill/gear PvP. That would just make things even worse at high-end PvP.

You have to balance for a controlled competitive PvP environment, which is 3v3 Arena.

I do think that Blood DKs were overbuffed, but Blood is still not a viable spec in highend PvP/Arena. So it doesn't matter that much.
    Sure they could tune down damage and so on, but it's probably not a priority.

Besides, the best way to kill a Blood DK is by not engaging him in melee combat.
    A single fire mage should be able to kill him quickly.

Deleted
    Is this new at all? I mean Blood DKs were insane ever since Vengence, soloing rated 2v2 all the way over 2k isn't even that much of an achievement as a Blood DK (i.e. not only insanely skilled people can do it).

Tank spec classes kill melee spec dps.
    Thats how it has ALWAYS BEEN!
    old news!

Back in BC and all through wrath on my Pally tank I could kill ANY Melee DPS in PVP.
    So why is it SHOCKING that DK tanks can too?

Blood DKs are OP vs people who don't know how to deal with them.

I can't count how many times last week I spent kiting a Blood DK to his death on my Hunter, only to have some melee join the fight and watch the DK blast his way back to full health in seconds.

Blood DKs are easy to kite. Call out for ranged to take them out, avoid melee range at all costs.

Rated BG either the rogue or the fury warrior would simply CC the DK and take the base.
    ...the fury warrior would simply CC the DK...
    fury warrior ... CC ...(anything)
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What game are you playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Be happy while it lasts! Soon you're down on earth again.