Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. The last book I read was Inheritance which was good but I think I'll have to read it again for it to sink in but that's just me
    Mor'norokk the Hateful: Stop it, you tiny, angry woman! I'll tell you everything!

Deleted

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

I just finished it today.
    More than the last half of it was devoured yesterday, I even stayed up several hours longer than usual because I could not put it down. I finally succumbed to sleep with a couple of chapters left that I finished this morning. Couldn't go to work until I had finished it.

This was also the first time, in a long time, that a book made me cry.
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2011-12-06 at 01:46 PM.

I am reading Scorpia rising by, It is the final book of the Alex Rider sires i acculy finished reading it today im not a shamed to say that i did cry at the end of the book.It was BY FAR one of the best books in my opinion It's a action, Thriller,Mysteryish book i highly recomend it.

Anything that's 5 sentences or longer feels like a book to me. So I guess the book I am reading right now is this thread.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Last books I read were City of Thieves and The things they carried. Both really good .
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna try and start reading Inheritance.

Clash of Kings. halfway through, so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Book Seven of the Wheel of Time. Lord of Chaos.

I will finish the series this time!

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Last books I read were City of Thieves and The things they carried. Both really good .
    City of Thieves was the one about Leningrad? If so, that was an alright book. I really liked The Things they Carried. Really good Vietnam book.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Clash of Kings. halfway through, so good.
    Probably the best book of the series so far.

OT: Hunger games by Suzanne Collies atm, hopefully will get the sequels as a christmas present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Probably the best book of the series so far.

OT: Hunger games by Suzanne Collies atm, hopefully will get the sequels as a christmas present
    for my money, SoS was the best, but to each their own.

My daughters urged me to read the Hunger Game books. I was skeptical considering their last "OMG this book rocks!" was Twilight. :/

I tore through all 3 in 2 days. Not bad reads at all. A little light for my tastes (I would have gone even darker and more brutal), but considering the target audience, I can't really complain. The very end was a bit... I don't know. Felt lacking somehow. But overall, good books.

hunger games was amazing. the first book was best though. the second book was along the lines of the same thing but with a larger overarching story. the third... well... not as good, but still good.

There was another type of book as the hunger games that came out WAY beforehand. i want to read it, but i forgot the name. i'll have to look it up. chuck palahniuk posted it on his facebook...

I'm currently reading through Clash of Kings, Martin is awesome. Also finishing reading The Green Mile and starting with the Gunslinger.

Still waters run deep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    for my money, SoS was the best, but to each their own.
    Game of Thrones is my favorite, all my favorite characters were still alive

But seriously though A Song of Ice and Fire is perhaps the best fantasy series I've read. It is incredibly well written.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

Just started.

10+ Year Old Account
    David Weber's Crown of Slaves.

A Feast for Crows.
    Just about done with it. It moves slower than the first three but it's still an incredible story. Can't wait to read A Dance with Dragons.

Im reading Angels and Demons at the request of a friend...

I just got done reading Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged not that long ago and started reading A Game of Thrones. It's going to be an alright book but for some reason I'm not really getting into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    Im reading Angels and Demons at the request of a friend...
    that's not a real friend. requesting you to read anything by that guy? i'd punch him in the face if i were you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    I just got done reading Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged not that long ago and started reading A Game of Thrones. It's going to be an alright book but for some reason I'm not really getting into it.
    I'm also reading Game of Thrones
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword