Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

4.3 has been a great advertisement for 10man raiding.

Looking at the top 100 on wowprogress it's clear to see that 10man raiding is emerging well. I am not saying it because of the guilds being banned but there are some genuine 10 man guilds in the top 10. Like Angered, and with the top guilds fighting it out in this format will encourage more guilds to downsize and eventually give blizz the reason they need to remove 25s altogether.

2 more guilds on my realm have downsized for 4.3 as for the 1st time on our realm as 10 man guild go realm 1st, so good guilds see this the only way to compete now.
    Last edited by Hightotem; 2011-12-09 at 02:09 AM. Reason: made a mistake.

I wouldn't consider 10 man raiding as competitive raiding. You might as well have competitive 5 mans...

The whole 10/25 idea was almost as retarded as normal and heroic modes.

They will never balance the two raids, one will always be easier. If they weren't smoking pot they would just make a single 15/20-man raid size.

There are so many 10m guilds in the top because they have half their raid banned and will do 25m next week.
    Frost DK? Frost DK!
    Murava <Damage per Second> US - Tichondrius
    Dragon Soul Heroic 10m videos [6/8]

Deleted
    The major loot nerfs + 25man being alot harder on most encounters does give people a reason to go 10man, we had about 10 people leaving for that same reason, making us healing with alts and stuff now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ularius View Post
    You might as well have competitive 5 mans...
    You'll actually have that in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ularius View Post
    You might as well have competitive 5 mans...
    /Challenge [Mode] Accepted.

let it be 10 man more easier then 25... we dont really want or can expect for those two brackets to be 100% balanced, that would be mission impossible. but then there are stuff that bother me, where the realm first achievments are shared between those two brackets? are blizzard really that blind, or cant accept their own faults?
    BETA CLUB

I would like the removal of 25/10 raid, in place of a 15 player raid.

the funny thing is most of the people who say 10mans are easier don't do them. If they do do them then they do it after having done the 25man versions and have learned the fights already. The reality is that the player responsibility in a 10man is such that a single mistake wipes the attempt and killing a heroic 10man boss is often 6-10 minutes of fighting without making a single error.

So yeh if I had already learned the fights on 25man, took the best geared / skilled players I had from our 25man (and 25mans do allow you to gear up a lot better you can clear a 10man for 6 months and not even see some items) and had an optimal raid comp then sure I would say 10mans are easier too.

Since this thread has turned into yet another 10man vs 25man thread I expect it'll be locked soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    the funny thing is most of the people who say 10mans are easier don't do them. If they do do them then they do it after having done the 25man versions and have learned the fights already. The reality is that the player responsibility in a 10man is such that a single mistake wipes the attempt and killing a heroic 10man boss is often 6-10 minutes of fighting without making a single error.

So yeh if I had already learned the fights on 25man, took the best geared / skilled players I had from our 25man (and 25mans do allow you to gear up a lot better you can clear a 10man for 6 months and not even see some items) and had an optimal raid comp then sure I would say 10mans are easier too.

Since this thread has turned into yet another 10man vs 25man thread I expect it'll be locked soon enough
    Check wowprogress stats, don't even bother trying to deny that 10 man is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    The reality is that the player responsibility in a 10man is such that a single mistake wipes the attempt and killing a heroic 10man boss is often 6-10 minutes of fighting without making a single error.
    It's not hard to not make errors when the game you're talking about requires very little skill and has a low learning curve. Try playing any of the Tribes games in a competitive environment and you'll see how easy WoW is in comparison. Don't even remark about how an fps can't be compared to an mmo; the fact is, if a game requires skill it doesn't matter what kind of game it is.

All it takes to succeed in raid progression is three things: time, attention/effort, and a steady Internet connection. Unfortunately, if only one or two people in a raid lack either of the latter two progression suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post
    Check wowprogress stats, don't even bother trying to deny that 10 man is easier.
    No, that many guilds were exploiting LFR silly. /sarcasm
    Last edited by jchrzan1; 2011-12-09 at 05:42 AM.

those rankings will look a lot different next week when bans are done

How is it even possible that people continue arguing that 10man might be harder then 25man? It's just completely insane and dellusional.

Anyone can rather do 10man or take more enjoyment out of it, but please, don't fool yourselves into thinking it is harder, in any way, shape or form.

From an individual player standpoint, they are the same exact thing.

Well if any of the banned guilds kill 10mans with alts and bought accounts before vodka and BL who are playing with there core members it will be a slap in the face of 10man raiding.

I agree a 15 man strategy is a good way forward.
    10 man is very dodgy with 2 tanks 3 healers 5 dps being the norm (1/2 the raid dpsing) versus 2 tanks 3 healers 10 dps (so 2/3rds being dps). Possibly looking at 2/4/9 instead so only 60% are dps but overall, 15 would be in a better position to balance.
    10 feels too few for raiding, it feels very much like an alt night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotem View Post
    top guilds fighting it out in this format will encourage more guilds to downsize and eventually give blizz the reason they need to remove 25s altogether.
    3/10

10char.

Blizzard just needs to separate server first achievements between 10 and 25 and soooo much qq will end...