Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There's only 6 combinations in the fight. Always leave purple up because the other stuff is more difficult to manage. Also, pre-shield the raid always before a purple as it doesn't add stacks. Also make sure you have Renew on your tank before too.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyznz View Post
    That combination won't happen. There are actually only 6 of the possible combinations that are actually used. They also don't repeat until you've seen them all at least once.
    Black, Red, Purple, Yellow
    Blue, Green Purple, Yellow
    Black Green, Red, Yellow
    Black, Blue, Purple, Yellow
    Black, Blue, Green, Red
    Black, Blue, Green, Purple
    Did you test this our by yourself or how did you find out?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    when we finally killed heroic I went back through the ~20 attempts worth of video and confirmed that there are only 6 combinations possible.
    We did get the "same set" back-to-back on a couple of attempts, I'm not sure if they were early in the pull or if it was just bad luck for slimes #6 and #7 being the same.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    when we finally killed heroic I went back through the ~20 attempts worth of video and confirmed that there are only 6 combinations possible.
    We did get the "same set" back-to-back on a couple of attempts, I'm not sure if they were early in the pull or if it was just bad luck for slimes #6 and #7 being the same.
    How it works is there are 6 combos and you'll get every single one once for the first 6 - after that it can be any of the 6

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Here is a list that a guildie compiled last night:

Druid
    Effloresence - NO STACKS
    Lifebloom - 1 stack per cast.
    Rejuvenation - 1 stack on initial application
    Swiftment - 1 stack on the person swiftmended.
    Tranquility - 1 stack per tick (i.e. a raid killer)
    Wild Growth - 1 stack for each person hit by Wild Growth

Shaman
    Chain Heal - 1 stack on initial hit only (although I'd like a bit more testing!)
    Healing Rain - 1 stack upon entering. If you leave and re-enter, you gain another stack.
    Healing Stream Totem - NO STACKS
    Riptide - 1 stack on initial application
    Spirit Link - NO STACKS

Paladin
    Beacon of Light - NO STACKS
    Holy Radiance - 1 stack for initial application (i.e. if it hits 4 people, 4 people get 1 stack).
    Word of Glory - NO STACKS

Priest
    Atonement - 1 stack
    Divine Hymn - 1 stack per tick (i.e. will wipe your raid)
    Echo of Light (Holy Mastery) - NO STACKS
    Holy Word: Sanctuary - 1 stack upon entering. If you leave and re-enter, you gain another stack.
    Holy Word: Serenity - 1 stack
    Lightwell - 1 stack per buff gain (i.e. when the person clicks)
    Penance - 1 stack for the whole channeled cast (i.e. not 1 per tick)
    Power Word: Shield - 1 stack (even when glyphed)
    Prayer of Healing - 1 stack
    Prayer of Mending - NO STACKS
    Renew - 1 stack on initial application

Other Abilities
    Deathknight Deathstrike - ??
    Druid Leader of the Pack - no stacks
    Hunter Chimera Shot - no stacks
    Priest Vampiric Embrace - no stacks
    Rogue Recuperate - no stacks
    Warlock Healthstones - no stacks
    paladin: Lay on hands, no stacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    paladin: Lay on hands, no stacks!
    oh yes, of course! We use those on tanks often.... lol

I'm currently running a list on the official US WoW Forums (Healing) covering healing spells and the number of stacks at:

us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657444001?page=1

I'd love to get some more observations if possible, particularly since I haven't been able to figure out a decent expression to plug into the expression editor on WoL. So far, most major spells for healers are covered including some intricacies such as the refreshing of Renew while in Serenity Chakra and the difference between applying Lifebloom and blooming of Lifebloom.

Good luck to everyone trying to get Yor'sahj!

Also, if someone could convert that link for me, thanks! Particularly since this is my first post

Hi, I currently have a thread on the official WoW Forums - Healing Forum that lists healing spells and the number of stacks they contribute including intricacies such as Renew and refreshing it while in Serenity Chakra and when exactly does Lifebloom cause stacks. I'd love to have more observations to add to my compilation and the above list is actually an earlier version of mine (I think about 3 edits ago).

My current list can be found at: us(dot)battle(dot)net(slash)wow(slash)en(slash)forum(slash)topic(slash)3657444001?page=1

Good luck to everyone in getting Yor'sahj down!

You can confirm this by checking the ooze summoning spells in WoWhead (or check the boss mods, they should have spell ID) - there are only 6 combos possible.

Any info on Unleashed Elements (Earthliving) for shaman and if it has an initial stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktorija View Post
    Any info on Unleashed Elements (Earthliving) for shaman and if it has an initial stack?
    We're on the boss right now and getting some random extra stacks, which we assume is from Unleashed Elements. We're going to try him respeccing out of it now.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 07:34 AM ----------

Didn't have any random stacks popping up after he specced out of it. Also, chain heal gives every target it hits one stack. This fight is such a bitch. We had our tank die all the time due to either getting gibbed or gaining 4 stacks so healers can't heal him.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

I only skimmed the thread, but I'll post my advice here even if it is some repeat.

As a 10m guild, we never killed purple on our Yor'sahj progression. Purple is much easier to deal with than anything with a green combo. We always killed green, yellow if there wasn't a green that round. Healing through the purple really isn't as terrifying as people think it is. Not EVERY heal adds a stack and the stacks do reset a few times, so raid healing isn't impossible. However, you do want to use big single-target heals when the purple debuff is on everyone rather than AoE heals as its much more efficient stack-wise and well, survivability-wise. Pre-bubble if a bad combo is coming and don't be afraid to use cds. Use 2 healers and assign one to each group.

Here's our kill video. My PoV as a disc priest starts near the middle (4:20 or so) and you can get a good look at what we do to survive and how the stacks work. I was assigned to group 2, while our shaman healer was assigned to group 1 and the tank, though I did spot him when HE called out for it (very important). Gotta be careful when 2 healers are healing the same person. It can get messy fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhlVWCbkN4

PS: I don't think Death Strike added stacks, but I was honestly more focused on his stack count than anything so don't quote me.
    Last edited by Lumpriest; 2011-12-12 at 10:02 PM.

We're on the boss right now and getting some random extra stacks, which we assume is from Unleashed Elements. We're going to try him respeccing out of it now.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 07:34 AM ----------

Didn't have any random stacks popping up after he specced out of it. Also, chain heal gives every target it hits one stack. This fight is such a bitch. We had our tank die all the time due to either getting gibbed or gaining 4 stacks so healers can't heal him.
    Not sure what you are talking about with "speccing out of earthliving unleashed elements". Unleashed Elements is a spell every shaman has. When used with earthliving weapon it heals the target a small amount and makes your next heal gain a 30% buff.

It is confirmed that Unleashed Elements DOES add 1 stack. If you are tank healing, you can throw your unleashed on a player that doesn't need the heals, then throw your 30% heal onto your earth shielded tank that way the tank only takes the stack from your one big heal and someone else takes it from the small unleashed heal.

Also, Earthliving procs do not add stacks and earth shield does not add stacks.
    Last edited by Viktorija; 2011-12-14 at 07:55 PM.

Anyone know if Guardian Spirit's heal adds a stack? Thanks.

thats an awesome post, tnx for all the info
    BETA CLUB