Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Fees, fees, fees. I'll definitely be doing my item shopping on 3rd party sites.

If I was Blizz I'd sue the writer of that blog for slander. That picture means absolutely nothing with fake values made up by the author and was obviously made with the intent to give the D3 AH a bad name.

This only means I will be selling my items for real money without using the RMAH. No reason to force ridiculous fees on myself when I can just sell my items through other websites which will no doubt show up in retaliation to these ridic fees.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people jumped on the hate bandwagon without clicking the link and reading the "story" that actually tells us precisely nothing. And still doing it on Page 5...

Nice job, folks. This is what the WoW (gaming) community has become.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    A lot of people jumped on the hate bandwagon without clicking the link and reading the "story" that actually tells us precisely nothing. And still doing it on Page 5...

you are right in the sense that it tells us nothing, but if it is true that they will be a fee to take your own money out, thats just ridiculous. if i go to my own bank's atm, i dont pay a fee to get money out, if blizz is going to be "my bank" for this game, wtf should i have to pay them to get money out? lol

edit for clarifcation: im completely ok with them doing it like ebay and having a listing fee and a fee after the item(s) sell, but a take your money out fee is just too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post

It doesn't matter how much they're charging. The fact that they're charging anything at all is why people are getting twisted into knots. I read the story. I still won't use the RMAH because of them charging fees. I could possibly understand them charging ONE fee - their cut from the sale. That makes sense. But if they're going to charge all sorts of other fees just to turn that into usable money, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    If I was Blizz I'd sue the writer of that blog for slander. That picture means absolutely nothing with fake values made up by the author and was obviously made with the intent to give the D3 AH a bad name.
    Are they using Text to Speech, otherwise I dont see the slander argument working.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The author of that article is anything but objective. Do you have another article with real numbers and an unbiased viewpoint so we can get a better idea of what the fees will really look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Number of fees doesn't matter. It's the amount that does, and we still don't know it yet.
    To which you reply

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    ummm, yes it does, lol.

its like going to my bank and saying "well, i dont care HOW many times you charge me, i just want to make sure the amount isnt that high", lol sounds stupid.

failed logic is failed.
    do you not understand sarcasm? did you even read my post, lol way to completely miss the point. and did you not catch the part where i obviously stated it as sarcasm by saying "sounds stupid" and "failed logic is failed" right after that sentence? good lord some of the people of this site are just dumber than brick walls, lol.
    It's not as obvious as you thought. But lets move on to this

good lord some of the people of this site are just dumber than brick walls, lol.
    you are right in the sense that it tells us nothing, but if it is true that they will be a fee to take your own money out, thats just ridiculous. if i go to my own bank's atm, i dont pay a fee to get money out, if blizz is going to be "my bank" for this game, wtf should i have to pay them to get money out? lol

edit for clarifcation: im completely ok with them doing it like ebay and having a listing fee and a fee after the item(s) sell, but a take your money out fee is just too much.
    Are you honestly trying to compare a gaming company to a bank? Really? Where does it say anything about being a bank for you?

good lord some of the people of this site are just dumber than brick walls, lol.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do not like is the inability to cash out your balance whenever you choose. I have figured out a way to sorta do that.

Once you feel like cashing out your battle.net balance, buy up the most expensive item you can afford, resell it, then cash out.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2011-12-12 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so let me get this straight...you can play Diablo and get money into your Bnet account which you can use to buy any blizz products (future expansions, sc games, time for wow, and anything that blizz has on the blizzstore) and people are biching that to take it out of blizz to paypal blizz takes a cut...ok im sorry but wtf were u expecting?

do people want to get rich of d3? are you that delusional? blizz is basically give you a way to earn money to keep playing games u want for free and people bich that you need to pay to get that money in your pocket?

/sigh i guess people will bich @ anything these days

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Where does it say anything about being a bank for you?

the part where they hold my money for me, much like, as you may have deduced with your genius, like a BANK DOES. banks used to charge atm fee's at their own atm's, until they realized how bullshit that is, so they stopped doing it.

Deleted
    Diablo III RMAH will be the next-gen cash-cow for Blizzard. It will be a great tool to sell extremely rare items from time to time. If you expect to "make money" from the game, you will get seriously disappointed. You know who will be really making some serious cash? Bloggers who already sell wow-gold "millionaire" guides. That's all.

Im dissapointed if any larger fee's.

I tough this was done to fight the INSANELY big ammount og 3rd parti sellers in Diablo2. Like legalising drugs, just this being gold or some...

YOU SELL ITEM FOR 5.00

LISTING FEE - 15$
    BLIZZARD CUT - 23$
    ACTIVISION CUT -50$
    PAYPAL CUT - 10$

People will believe anything these days without a valid source. Of course there will be a cut from your RMAH sales taken out, just like there is in WoW with gold, and every auction irl in the world. The total cut taken out will be % based. With absolutely no word on the size of each cut, people's outrageous speculations that this will immediately fail with absolute zero evidence supporting the arguments are... well, outrageous.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    This topic is worthless, everything has been said already and most of it is a waste of time reading. As much as I don't like the concept, enough people like it to make it happen one way or the other, so if it's going to be this so be it, it's not like diablo 3 is going to be a super epeen game either

Deleted
    Anyone surprised? If this shit goes well I promise you that we will see real money auction houses in WoW - Blizzard is just prying away at consumer integrity trying to get to the point where the amount of "extra" you have to pay to enjoy the game is far more than what the actual game cost - and it will still go retail for the same 60 bucks every time.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like you have to use money on the action house, this is worst argument of them all, people assume that artificially boosting your characters is mandatory for enjoying the game, in my opinion it's quite the opposite. I may be weird, but I enjoy legitimate loot more than just paying extra cash to get the job done for you.

Edit: I do know that the items on the AH are going to be legitimate, assuming they're not grinded by bots, which is irrilevant for this anyway. It's just not legimate to me to gain extra stuff by paying with stuff not related to the game whatsoever (in this case cash).

Edit2: For diablo 3 this is not really a concern for me, since it's not directly competitive in a multiplayer sence, and those who seriously plays to show off their pvm accomplishments are going to play hardcore, which does NOT have this feature. Not saying that all hardcore players are like this, far from it.
    Last edited by Kahnugo; 2011-12-13 at 12:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the part where they hold my money for me, much like, as you may have deduced with your genius, like a BANK DOES. banks used to charge atm fee's at their own atm's, until they realized how bullshit that is, so they stopped doing it.
    Since when does "holding on to money" = Bank? Does that mean i work at a bank? when we have a customer return something we don't give them cash, we give them credit on their account. I guess that makes us a bank too huh? well shit, I bet you can call every other store a bank as a lot of stores issue credit/gift cards. Hang on I'll brb while i go open an account at the bank of wal-mart.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnugo View Post
    Like you have to use money on the action house, this is worst argument of them all, people assume that artificially boosting your characters is mandatory for enjoying the game, in my opinion it's quite the opposite. I may be weird, but I enjoy legitimate loot more than just paying extra cash to get the job done for you.
    I agree, I would most likely not bother with anything bar the singleplayer campaign either. But think of it this way: What if this is just a test-run for a future MMO/future feature to put into WoW? Think about that. What if you could buy your gear in a MMO with real money? We should get one thing straight and that is that Blizzard, most likely, doesn't mind gold-selling per say. What they do mind is that they don't have any control over it, if they pulled the strings and they got the profits they wouldn't mind at all as long as it didn't ruin the game and thus cut their profits as people left.

Diablo III is most likely a test-run, if their argument for the real money auction house was that "If we can't stop it we can take control over it to make the procedures safer for individual customers" then what stops them from saying the same about gold-selling in WoW?