Poll: How much are you willing to spend?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Collectors Edition.

Really interested how far some of you would go.
    In the poll, are prices for the CE. Obviously the idea is that you post what you would spend on it, not what you HOPE it will be.

Please clarify in a post below

My Clarification:

I would go crazy and spend $200 on it. I'm so excited for this game and I really want the CE.
    Have never looked forward to a game as much as I have with this one.
    Last edited by Tutorial; 2011-12-15 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Really depends on what comes with it, but no matter what it is I wouldn't pay more that 150USD/115EUR for a CE. Its just a video game...

Edit: Btw, for us guys living in the EU, 60USD = 45EUR. That's about as much as the standard edition will cost so it shouldn't be an option.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2011-12-15 at 02:33 PM.

Well, for us in Eu, many games are sold in 1$=1€ ratio. I'm spend 100$ for CE, not more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    $100 is the most I'm willing to spend on a CE unless it has something really amazing. I kind of wish they had tiered CE. I would of loved to buy Skyrim CE but it was way too much for my current budget, but if they had a CE without the dragon statue for $20 less or something like that I would of happily got it.

I don't think that I would spend more than $100, but it ultimately depends on what's in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably no more than 100, seeing as i'm not a HUGE fan of the game, and I have yet to spend more than that much on CEs of games I was a huge fan of.

Never bought a collectors edition for any game. I might for GW2 but there better be something spiffy and not just some digital mini pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    $80 or under would be ideal, but I'm willing to pay $100 if they include nice things.

Very nice things.

If you go to Mightyape .com .au there is the Diablo 3 CE up there and has been up there for awhile. No price but gives you an idea of whats in it. First post ever, cant post a link straight to it sorry.

The flash drive is cool and just like the Starcraft 2 CE has the original game/s + expansions on it.

Deleted
    Went with $80.In the UK I would probably goto £60 maybe 70 if I thought it was worth it and would be the first CE I ever bought.
    Last edited by mmoc42747a85ed; 2011-12-15 at 04:40 PM.

Really depends on the content of this CE.
    For artbook+soundtrack+ingame fluff+meaningless gadget (key ring, mousepad or something like that) I wouldn't spend more than 100-120$. (resp. 75-90€)

If they add more high quality exclusive stuff like a statue, a (cloth!) worldmap, a lore book/encyclopedia or a novel - than maybe more.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

just dont go running around and rage in all the forums when you suddenly realize that gw2 is just a game among games :>

personally id pay around 100 bucks, because thats the general standardprize on most ce's. 200 just seems so overboard, i can eat almost 2 full weeks from that :>

If I recall correctly when the GW1 CE's were released I remember them being between $75-$80 which is reasonable in my opinion as the game will likely be $59.99 at release.

That being said I likely won't buy the CE unless it has something interesting in it. I bought all the original CE's for GW. I still have the shirt that came with one of them and it's still in the plastic because I would never wear it. The only item that I found useful was the special dances for Rit/Assassin when those were released. I honestly don't care about art books etc, though the music cds are generally good.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say around 80 USD I find to be ideal. Up to a 100USD if it was nice things in it.
    Soundtrack, artbook, maybe a neat ingame item, a world map would be really nice. A non in game one that is.

I'd never pay more than 100USD for it. Paying more than that for a game, even a CE is getting ripped off imo.

I probably will not get the collectors edition. I got the burning crusade one when it came out and I don't really use anything in it but the pet (when I still played wow). I guess it depends what is in it and I would only pay 100 at most.

If the CE had the benefits of the TOR CE, then I'd pay about that price again for GW2 CE. 100-150 seems to be the norm. 200 CE would need to have something exclusive I felt was worth it.

-Early game access
    -Beta access
    -Exclusive mounts
    -Exclusive armor/weapons
    -Leveling bonuses
    -VIP areas
    -Housing bonuses

That type of stuff.

Gimme some maps, books, trinkets, etc, and I'd pay $150.

Gimme a soundtrack and an in-game pet... well... $60 tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should have put a 75 Dollar option, because that's what it'll most likely cost. I chose the 80 Dollar option since it was the closest. The only way I can see it being 100 Dollars is if it's really packed with some awesome junk. And the only way I can see it being 200 Dollars is if some poor Aussie bastard buys it. Yeah, your government sucks.

As far as what'd be included though, here are my thoughts:

- Concept art book in high detail, large page format. Somewhere around 200-250 pages, maybe larger if they'll have that much (wouldn't be surprised if they do).
    - Possibly an IRL statue like the one found in the Skyrim CE ( http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/...-Statue-2.jpg/ ).
    - IRL continent map, apx. 36" x 48"
    - In-Game pet such as the one found in the GW1 trilogy pack.
    - Possible vanity items (top-hats, dresses, etc.)

That's what I could come up with. For all of that, I'd pay somewhere around 100-125 dollars. However, I'm saying that's how much it's worth, not that I'd buy it. There's a certain point where you have to realize just how pointless all that stuff is. $25 extra? Sure. Double the price? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    As far as what'd be included though, here are my thoughts:

- Concept art book in high detail, large page format. Somewhere around 200-250 pages, maybe larger if they'll have that much (wouldn't be surprised if they do).
    - Possibly an IRL statue like the one found in the Skyrim CE ( http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/...-Statue-2.jpg/ ).
    - IRL continent map, apx. 36" x 48"
    - In-Game pet such as the one found in the GW1 trilogy pack.
    - Possible vanity items (top-hats, dresses, etc.)

That's what I could come up with. For all of that, I'd pay somewhere around 100-125 dollars. However, I'm saying that's how much it's worth, not that I'd buy it. There's a certain point where you have to realize just how pointless all that stuff is. $25 extra? Sure. Double the price? Not a chance.
    All of that would make the perfect CE for GW2.