Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

When was your last 24-hour-stay-awake moment?

So yeah, I'm working on my business exam which is part of my bachelor, and I've worked on it pretty much all the time since I woke up till now -- which was 25 hours ago, and I'm going to hand it in in a few hours which made me wonder when the last time you people had your last 24+ hr trip and why you ended up in that situation?

Worst part is that I've got an appointment right after the turn in till early evening where I (hopefully) will get a few hours of sleep before I'm off to a Christmas party with a lot of good friends....... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz good thing is that I don't have ANYTHING sheduled for my weekend.. besides a LAN

Deleted
    For the past few days I've been staying awake for 24+ hours.
    It's because I'm too lazy to study during daytime.

We have a teething 9 month old, so....like every other day
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    I feel ya :| Had another exam delivery a few days ago where I just couldn't manage to pull myself together to write the damn assignment in the day, but as soon as it passed 23:00 and the house went to sleep my productivity increased by shit loads and I got it done -- but that also ended up in a 24+ hr thing, so I'm just happy that I've a few weeks off school before I gotta prepare for the next set of exams. /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    So yeah, I'm working on my business exam which is part of my bachelor, and I've worked on it pretty much all the time since I woke up till now -- which was 25 hours ago, and I'm going to hand it in in a few hours which made me wonder when the last time you people had your last 24+ hr trip and why you ended up in that situation?

Worst part is that I've got an appointment right after the turn in till early evening where I (hopefully) will get a few hours of sleep before I'm off to a Christmas party with a lot of good friends....... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz good thing is that I don't have ANYTHING sheduled for my weekend.. besides a LAN
    Been up for a good 36 hours or so I think. Doing near enough the same as you are. Working on a business plan which is also part of my bachelor and I got to present it at 10:30. Being well dressed and all that, is gonna be fun, a zombie in a suit aah well a good cold shower and a red bull will do a lot of good work for the time being ha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    We have a teething 9 month old, so....like every other day
    So what you're telling me is that things aren't going to be better when I get older?

/sob

tends to be more of a 40 hour stay awake thing, since I wake up at 8, stay up 24 hours, which ends back up at 8am, and lord knows I can't sleep at 8am, so I truck through the day, and go to sleep at midnight.

staying awake just 24 hours is dumb.

I tend to do it about once a month, since insomnia is a bitch, and I can't get a simple sleep pattern down for shit. :\ fml

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie009 View Post
    Been up for a good 36 hours or so I think. Doing near enough the same as you are. Working on a business plan which is also part of my bachelor and I got to present it at 10:30. Being well dressed and all that, is gonna be fun, a zombie in a suit aah well a good cold shower and a red bull will do a lot of good work for the time being ha!
    Oh wow, you're going to present it too? Sheesh, at least I only gotta hand it in and then I'm done for good.

Reminds me of that my Redbull stocks ran out 1'clock already, so it's been harder this time, lol.

Last time was my economics with calculus midterm. Sadly, it was harder than my final. But that was a while ago.

I don't understand how people stay awake for longer than 24 hours. I would be miserable.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2011-12-16 at 05:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Last time was my calculus midterm. Sadly, it was harder than my final. But that was a while ago.

I don't understand how people stay awake for longer than 24 hours. I would be miserable.
    Pratice. I've done this so many times before sometimes I just can't sleep out of boredom lol. Its mainly my attitude though. Get homework/project/exams on friday. Start studying at thursday 23:30. so yeah you'll quickly end up being up for more than 24 hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Last time was my economics with calculus midterm. Sadly, it was harder than my final. But that was a while ago.

It's just something that I've gotten used to. I can't remember the last time I went to bed before 23 day before school (mind you I live 1hr 40min away, so when classes begins at 8'clock in the morning...) yet I can't seem to fall asleep when I actually want to (as soon as you can countdown to less than 6 hrs before you gotta get up again you really DO want to sleep, lol)

Oh, and as Boobie said it's probably something about attitude also =D

Deleted
    my last aferhour? it's still on air, and i'm working for my final university elaborate...i've to hand in it in abour 3hours...damn solid state lasers...

I'm actually closing in on 40 hours and have just under 7 until I get off my third work shift without any sleep.

Coffee and pretzels are all that keep me going.

I might have dozed off once or twice, but I deny everything, and if I did it wasn't for more than 3-5 minutes.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last night I had to stay up 30+ hrs because I had a math exam and stupid me didn't pay attention in class so yea I had to study everything from beginning of the semester Also I have tendencies to stay up for long amount of times when my GF is over at my place
    Last edited by Electroso; 2011-12-16 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    So what you're telling me is that things aren't going to be better when I get older?

/sob
    Well kids change everything lol, just be smart. Although we were the .01% if you know what I mean
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    Probably gonna be this weekend. Heroes of Newerth session.

Was going to be today... until SWtOR had maintenance >.>

Deleted
    Hm. May 30th. Driving across mainland Europe (Copenhagen-Rome) in one stretch. Ended up staying awake for 36+ hrs, packing, driving and unpacking.

Other than that..years and years ago. I hate staying awake for that long and absolutely won't if I can help it. I'm usually comfortably tired at around 17-18 hours and really just want to head to sleep. I didn't like it as a teenager, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingthang View Post
    tends to be more of a 40 hour stay awake thing, since I wake up at 8, stay up 24 hours, which ends back up at 8am, and lord knows I can't sleep at 8am, so I truck through the day, and go to sleep at midnight.

staying awake just 24 hours is dumb.

I tend to do it about once a month, since insomnia is a bitch, and I can't get a simple sleep pattern down for shit. :\ fml
    similar thing here, not once a month but every so often when my sleep pattern is just out of whack, like today I woke up at 1pm, had 2 alarms going of at 8:30am slept right through them to 1, so I think I'll be doing this soon.

Deleted
    Almost every day, I hardly sleep. Damn you insomnia :<